Coral Vue Hydros

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Does anyone know if there is a gooseneck or other option for the Prime?

I swear at MACNA AI had prototypes of a gooseneck on display, but I'm not getting any answer from them.

I found a clip from the show that i think shows AI Prime with gooseneck here at 3:06 -

Hey Nismo, no this is not the new kessil mount. You can find them now on their website. Imo the kessil one's look even better!

http://www.kessil.com/aquarium/Accessories.php

Has anyone found an alternative tank mounting device? I hate the AI mount....

Hey Tron, if you could combine the prime hanging kit bracket and the new kessil tank mount. I think it would look pretty sweet! Shouldn't be hard to fit these two pieces together.

Hey Nismo, no this is not the new kessil mount. You can find them now on their website. Imo the kessil one's look even better!

http://www.kessil.com/aquarium/Accessories.php

Hey Tron, if you could combine the prime hanging kit bracket and the new kessil tank mount. I think it would look pretty sweet! Shouldn't be hard to fit these two pieces together.

This could be a nice solution. Might give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

SO I have read the majority of this thread, well the second half at least, which is the most recent. I have been tossing around the idea of switching from T5 to LED. The biggest reason is I am going to be revamping my system to be as much set it and forget it as possible. I have a very busy life, but just cannot fathom the idea of not having a reef. I will be making some changes in the begining of next year and lighting will be one of them. As much as I love T5, I just do not want to deal with wondering whether it is time to replace bulbs and do not want the cost of replacement bulbs as well. Here are the main things I am looking for:

1) Ease of use with LED

2) Good growth and coloration for corals(I have missed the pop)

3) Tank mountable

4) Aesthetically pleasing

5) Budget friendly(at least as much as possible)

My tank is a CADLights 34G AIO...display is 30 x 12 x 16. I am planning on 90% LPS/softies, with the possiblity of a couple acros, but they would be mounted high. If I go with the Prime, I would be planning on 2 units and would be talking to Dave about his gooseneck mount that I saw him mention in here(if that is still an option).

So the reason I am writing this, I have heard some mixed reviews on the Primes. My biggest concern for the prime is with coloration and growth. I have never seen a Prime in person, but a good friend has and he says it would be his last option for lighting. He has used every type of light on the market and is pushing me towards Radion. If money was not an option, I would probably go with his recommendation, but I honestly would rather spend the extra couple hundred dollars on coral.(Im sure we can all pretty much agree on this) What do you guys think? I would really like to hear from some of you that have owned other lights as well(especially radion and nanobox)

Also, if anyone can speak to growth of LPS/Softies under a prime, that would be great as well!

• Like 2

I have the AI Prime over a 10g AIO tank. My LPS/Softies are growing great under the LED. The Prime is very easy to use. But then again... my tank is much smaller than yours. From what I've learned in this hobby, the lighting is the part where you don't want to skimp out on. If you really like the Radions, I say suck it up and go for it. I started my Nano with a $40 Wavepoint LED and immediately regretted it. Returned it and splurged on the AI Prime.

• Like 2

I have the AI Prime over a 10g AIO tank. My LPS/Softies are growing great under the LED. The Prime is very easy to use. But then again... my tank is much smaller than yours. From what I've learned in this hobby, the lighting is the part where you don't want to skimp out on. If you really like the Radions, I say suck it up and go for it. I started my Nano with a $40 Wavepoint LED and immediately regretted it. Returned it and splurged on the AI Prime.

Loving my Prime over my softie/LPS reef. I have had it for 8 weeks now.

788FB10A-2AF5-4A9C-8A46-660A15D5C9A7.jpg

• Like 2

I love it. For the cash it is a fantastic light. Mines only over an 8 gallon but I would not hesitate to put a couple over a 45 lps tank. I think the hate is coming from SPS guys. My only gripe about the light was the way pre-orders were handled and the tank mount.

• Like 1

I love it. For the cash it is a fantastic light. Mines only over an 8 gallon but I would not hesitate to put a couple over a 45 lps tank. I think the hate is coming from SPS guys. My only gripe about the light was the way pre-orders were handled and the tank mount.

I have to admit, the guy pushing me towards the radion is a big stickhead...

• 2 weeks later...

Loving my Prime over my softie/LPS reef. I have had it for 8 weeks now. 788FB10A-2AF5-4A9C-8A46-660A15D5C9A7.jpg

hey I have the innovative marine 10 gallon with this light with some softies and leathers. What setting are you running on your prime? Thanks

Hey what settings are you running on your prime?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm pretty late to the game here but I am running two Primes over my JBJ 30g. 23.6" x 19.7" x 16.5" I'm somewhat struggling with my lighting schedule. I had them both at 100% on the blues and violets and about half of that on the CW and half of that on G and R. I'm getting mixed results as a few of my mushrooms are fading away. About twenty pages back in this thread someone spoke with Justin at AI who gave them an approximate schedule maxing out blue and violet (UV dialed way down) to about 65%. I have a mixed reef with some plating Montis and then mostly LPS and softies. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think you would need 2 to to penetrate the depth of the tank and still have coverage on the side. With one you need to mount it very close to the water to get decent light near the sand, then your sides would be very dim.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Guys, I want to increase the power on my settings without messing up the color settings, i think i set the overall power to like 70%... where do i go to just increase that just a little bit, i forgot which tab...

can anyone help?

This may have been mentioned already, but the AI website is showing a new flex arm mount in 12 and 18 inches.

Don't see it for sale in my quick search.

Damn, they look nice! Finally a great mounting option! Just wondering how the cable management is going to be.

Damn, they look nice! Finally a great mounting option! Just wondering how the cable management is going to be.

Looks great, also curious on wire management.

I know that the lunar cycle follows the actual moon. and that during a full moon your light settings will be running at 100% and during a new moon they will be at 0% But don't your lights need to be on during the night hours for the lunar cycle to take effect?

I am currently using the easy set up with the lights ramping up at 9AM with a 4 hr ramp up to 60% and start ramping down at 5pm with a 4 hour ramp down. Now, I tried to turn the lights on at 3% on 20k at 9pm for the lunar cycle but it seems that the lunar cycle also goes through the same 4 hr ramp time, which I don't want,

Is there anyway to have the lunar cycle be constant, and even have a time period of say 12-4 AM where the lights are completely off to give the corals and fish some dark time?

Thanks

I have only read the last few pages of this thread, but do people using them think this light is a good choice? I have a 24" long tank, so I think I am going to start with one and go from there. I know the myai app is basically crap, but I hope it's still usable, My other option is possibly the Nanobox, but that's a REALLY expensive jump from the AI Prime.

• Like 2