Top Shelf Aquatics

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

So I pulled the trigger and purchased the AI Prime. Currently just running at 60% but everything looks happy. I'll trick out the time points later this week and post up my settings once I really get down into it.

post-78004-0-37025700-1445268786_thumb.jpg
shelleyBoston

So I bought the AI prime and I got to this thread looking for information on fan noisy buzzing sound.. has anyone with the problem been able to resolve the issue without replacing the fixture?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

So I bought the AI prime and I got to this thread looking for information on fan noisy buzzing sound.. has anyone with the problem been able to resolve the issue without replacing the fixture?

thanks

I believe you can get a replacement fan instead of replacing the whole fixture.

Just bought a prime. Worked perfectly for around a week. Now the CW and B lights buzz fairly loud between 1 and 99%. At 0 and 100% they are silent. Other LEDS on the light are silent.

Not sure what to do.

Partially Submerged

Has anyone success with sps using prime led?

I haven't tried acros or other demanding species, but my birdsnest and plate montipora are growing like crazy in a 20x20x12 tank. Intensity is not one of the Prime's problems.

Fan seems to be okay again.

Does anyone know if there is a gooseneck or other option for the Prime?

I swear at MACNA AI had prototypes of a gooseneck on display, but I'm not getting any answer from them.

I found a clip from the show that i think shows AI Prime with gooseneck here at 3:06 -

I still hate the mounting bracket. Still using a piece of rigid tubing to keep the light from drooping.

My light has zero drooping whatsoever. You have to over tighten the screws so much the it can't move downward. And I mean OVER tighten

Mine works just fine, I just don't like the look or that because of the long length of the horizontal bracket you can't push flush to wall.

If someone did a gooseneck they would sell.

Mine works just fine, I just don't like the look or that because of the long length of the horizontal bracket you can't push flush to wall.

just cut the excess off with a dremel tool.

If possible, mount it on the wall like I did mine

Hi all,

I'm new to nano-reef and I'm running a 70 litres 18.5 gallon nano tank. My main goal is to keep my RBTA. I also have 2 clownfish, 1 damsel and a yellow watchman goby. A few zoas, a papaya cloves and a xenia. A little bit of nitrate (~10) but all other parameters are good.

Enough background. My real question is what is the best Ai Prime setting to keep my anemone happy but also leaves my tank with that beautiful blue color? I'm not expecting that blue color for the entire photo period it can change over the day. I always see those beautiful bubbles on fish stores but on my RBTA the bubles are small :(

Thanks you for any help!

Does anyone know if there is a gooseneck or other option for the Prime?

I swear at MACNA AI had prototypes of a gooseneck on display, but I'm not getting any answer from them.

I found a clip from the show that i think shows AI Prime with gooseneck here at 3:06 -

At 3:06 that is a Neptune systems display and I'm guessing those are the mounting brackets for the new kessil light

20151119_211226_zpsw0nhdawf.jpg

Nothing fancy

Thanks for the picture. I was going to cut the metal to shorten it but I like this idea in case I move to a larger tank and need the length. Is the nylon cable tie to hold the power cord or for extra support for the metal tank mount?

Thanks for the picture. I was going to cut the metal to shorten it but I like this idea in case I move to a larger tank and need the length. Is the nylon cable tie to hold the power cord or for extra support for the metal tank mount?

Only reason the tie is there is to keep the cord in place and honestly isn't needed