Pod Your Reef

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

I have 1 prime over my fusion 20. Could it use 2. Sure, but I like the looks of just 1 and I'll place corals accordingly. It can be done with 1. And yeah, I love my prime and my arm mount. Their customer service is great.

I know that the lunar cycle follows the actual moon. and that during a full moon your light settings will be running at 100% and during a new moon they will be at 0% But don't your lights need to be on during the night hours for the lunar cycle to take effect?

I am currently using the easy set up with the lights ramping up at 9AM with a 4 hr ramp up to 60% and start ramping down at 5pm with a 4 hour ramp down. Now, I tried to turn the lights on at 3% on 20k at 9pm for the lunar cycle but it seems that the lunar cycle also goes through the same 4 hr ramp time, which I don't want,

Is there anyway to have the lunar cycle be constant, and even have a time period of say 12-4 AM where the lights are completely off to give the corals and fish some dark time?

Thanks

I believe the lunar cycle needs 5 to 10% to work properly. I have mine set so just the blues come on at 10% from 7pm to midnight then 0% after midnight. If you turn lunar mode on from 7pm till midnight it will override the 10% and turn the lights on or off according to the current lunar cycle. Full moon will utilize the 10% no moon should be 0% for the times you have set for the lunar cycle.

• Like 1

I believe the lunar cycle needs 5 to 10% to work properly. I have mine set so just the blues come on at 10% from 7pm to midnight then 0% after midnight. If you turn lunar mode on from 7pm till midnight it will override the 10% and turn the lights on or off according to the current lunar cycle. Full moon will utilize the 10% no moon should be 0% for the times you have set for the lunar cycle.

Sweet thanks so much for the response. I think that was my issue, I had it set to only 3%, now its on 5 and doing better

• Like 1

Has anyone actually seen a benefit to the corals/fish when running a lunar cycle? I'm tempted to turn it back on as I have it off at the moment.

Honestly on my IM nano 10g if i keep even DB at 1-5% my tank is wide awake. i tried the lunar cycle for almost a month and if anything, its too bright on my small tank. what size tank are you running?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually seen a benefit to the corals/fish when running a lunar cycle? I'm tempted to turn it back on as I have it off at the moment.

No pretty sure its just for your enjoyment.

What are some good Prime Settings for a mixed reef that will help growth yet keep colors looking good

I have my primes on my frag tank at 18k, incredible growth and good colouration.

• Like 2

I saw that a new mount is coming out for the AI Prime, similar to the gooseneck. I wonder if that is worth waiting for and getting.

Anyone seen any of the flexi mounts available for sale yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Austintylerl

Would 8 gallon Ai Prime users be so kind as to their settings? I have an cad 8 with softies and am thinking mine are too high at blues in the60's, white and UV in the 40's.

I would be appreciated, thank you much

jedimasterben

Would 8 gallon Ai Prime users be so kind as to their settings? I have an cad 8 with softies and am thinking mine are too high at blues in the60's, white and UV in the 40's.

that's not anything that someone else can tell you. Your corals are the only source of that info.

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

Exactly... I have a Cad 4g but my blues violets and uv are peaking at 100. My greens and Reds max at like 15 or 20 and I think white peaks at 45 or 50...

All depends on light height too... Acclimation... Etc

• 2 weeks later...

like Ben said your corals will let you know whats working. This has worked well for me. I run a 12 hour cycle 4 hour ramp up @ 8am and ramp down @ 4pm 60% UV, blue, deep blue, violet. 10% white, green, red. I like the look and the tank has done well. 8pm lunar cycle till midnight is deep blue @ 5%. My tank gets a lot of natural sunlight throughout the day when I ran the whites higher I wasnt getting the color pop. Current pics of my tank can be found in my sig. click on yes I have a tank link.

I'm going to be starting a 40B tank. I currently have 1 Prime. I just wasn't sure if I should pick up a 2nd prime or just go with a Hydra 26 HD. The flexibility from having 2 AI prime pucks separated appeal to me. But I was also thinking of just picking up an XR15 and run my Prime on the other side. Too many possibilities. Any suggestions? This is a mixed reef

I'm going to be starting a 40B tank. I currently have 1 Prime. I just wasn't sure if I should pick up a 2nd prime or just go with a Hydra 26 HD. The flexibility from having 2 AI prime pucks separated appeal to me. But I was also thinking of just picking up an XR15 and run my Prime on the other side. Too many possibilities. Any suggestions? This is a mixed reef

Im running two primes on a 29g. I believe that is is a deeper tank than a breeder, you could probably get away with two.

Im running two primes on a 29g. I believe that is is a deeper tank than a breeder, you could probably get away with two.

I'm running only 1 on my 29g Biocube. That makes me wonder if 1 is even enough now.

I'm running only 1 on my 29g Biocube. That makes me wonder if 1 is even enough now.

I think one is good on a bc because of the shape no?