ReefCleaners.org

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Been drinking a bit tonight and this thread keeps coming up. So here are some unfiltered thoughts. AI dropped the ball on this light from the get go. They need to look into their marketing department. Either they are marketing genius or complete morons. I am leaning towards they are morons. Although we are 34 pages into this thread on this forum. So they got us talking about it. So maybe genius?? And I have seen similar threads on larger forums. AI has always had good customer service. That is when I am not completely pissed and send them nasty emails. They do respond when I am nice to them. They also answer the phones and call you back. So I cant hate on them for that. When I first saw it I knew it was for small tanks. I have no doubt this light will support SPS in a 18"x18"x12". The entire ad campaign for this light was a ####ing joke. I am still pissed that I did not get it on black Friday when it was promised. In fact that bugs me more than the par numbers. So they screwed up with the par numbers. Or did they? maybe the prototypes had those numbers. Maybe they were to expensive to make at the advertised price. Yes the answers they provided are completely stupid. But everything they have put out about this light has been bullshit from day one. Its a $200 light with very nice features. So it wont put out par to melt everything in your nano. And it doesnt put out enough par to grow sps in you 60 gallon deep. But it is a very nice light for your nano tank. AI is willing to take them back and have corrected the par numbers on the website. With all that I am happy with the light. It does everything I expected for the price and lights my 8 gallon very nice.

• Like 3
BilabongAthlete

Wow definitely agreed sancho ! It is an amazing light in my 15 gallon and so exceptional ! for 200 dollars I am so pleased with my purchase.

So if they got distance wrong why did first adjust the par to 260 at 12" and not say sorry, we meant 500 at 8"?

morons! :lol:

Partially Submerged

I will in just a few days. "Easy" SPS, though. Birdnests and plate monties. They are thriving under two Par30s right now, so I have no doubt they will do great under the Prime. The tank is 20x20x12.

Edit: Correction, they are thriving under two Par30s and a 4W blue spot LED light, relatively close to the surface. But power isn't the Prime's problem, so I am sure I will be able to grow SPS in other places as well.

A friend of mine has a 29g biocube with a prime over it, with acros encrusting. Only thing he said is he may up getting another one just so he doesn't have to run a single prime so high.

Anyone has their Prime above some SPS?

I have it above 3 SPS Frags 1 Povona, one Stylo, & 1 Birds nest. The birds nest is too new to make any judgement and being small pieces and the fact I have had to re glue them a couple times and what not I don't suspect they are too happy right now. As for the other 2 they have showed some growth and both extend their polys during the day and look healthy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully you will get some long term success with Prime.

I'm still using 150w MH with 2x24w T5HO supplement over my tank (40cm cube), in fact Zoas on the sand bed is getting too much light and bleach. I kind want something that doesn't have lots power but have good color rendition.

phillyclownfish

Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully you will get some long term success with Prime.

I'm still using 150w MH with 2x24w T5HO supplement over my tank (40cm cube), in fact Zoas on the sand bed is getting too much light and bleach. I kind want something that doesn't have lots power but have good color rendition.

150w MH is what I had for my biocube 29. Really liked it. My zoas are right above the sand bed as well and are fine with the Prime. Around 26" for the light.

150w MH is what I had for my biocube 29. Really liked it. My zoas are right above the sand bed as well and are fine with the Prime. Around 26" for the light.

Your tank looks good! I really like how clean it looks. :)

I'm going to swap ballast in two days from electronic from magnetic for less PAR output. But I'm also tempted to try Prime. :lol:

Your tank looks good! I really like how clean it looks. :)

I'm going to swap ballast in two days from electronic from magnetic for less PAR output. But I'm also tempted to try Prime. :lol:

Can I ask why swapping from Electronic to magnetic? My magnetic balance worked like a champ but damn did it suck electricity.

Sorry my bad, I meant to say from magnetic to electronic. Currently using Reeflex Cube, it's too loud, too hot and use too much electricity.

Just got mine in last night and it's a great light but I think the controls need more control, or at least make it easier IMO.

But I did ended up with a nice set of settings that I wanted to share with you all.

17980445095_d953617ffc_c.jpg

pygmy angel harem

Anyone know if these Primes work with Apex's AWM module? Neptune says they don't but Marine Depot says they do.

Not sure but I know it would be pointless as you set everything up from the internet and your phone which has far more control-ability than the apex could or would give it.

Anyone have more than one prime on a tank? I'm having trouble assigning child primes to a parent prime.

I've got two on a fusion 30l that work great......after sending the "child" back to ai. It never blinked blue/green, but would connect and disconnect quite often. Called AI and they overnighted another light. This one works perfectly out of the box. What exactly is the "child" doing after plugging it in?

On a side note, AI's customer service has been outstanding!!!

So it's safe to say that the 30" spread is BS and 2 is not enough for my new 60" long (only 14" deep)?

You're gonna need 3 of them.