Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

I'm excited about it.

Can't wait to get mine.

Nice! I'll be looking for your tank thread so that we can put it head on against the other lights!

reefernanoman

That's what I needed to know. Where's the link to get my hands on one asap.

This distributor promised to have it since yesterday, but I would ask them first!

http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/prime-wifi-led-fixture-aquaillumination.html?utm_source=SaltwaterAquarium.com+Customer+Base&utm_campaign=c699ced617-AI+Prime&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1153636c4e-c699ced617-351987269&mc_cid=c699ced617&mc_eid=9fbc402b18

This is what they said in their email:

AI Prime Arrives Tuesday! New AMAZING LED. 18" Spread, Grow Anything. Arrives TUESDAY to US. We will Try our best to ship them SAME DAY FREE 2 DAY AIR to you - BOOM - $199!!! WIFI Built in, 50 Watts, 500 PAR at 12 inches
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

That's what I needed to know. Where's the link to get my hands on one asap.

And I just asked for you lol. This was their response:

"I got my hands on tracking a pallet. Looks to arrive Friday or Monday at the latest!

Thanks,"

reefernanoman

So the wait continues aaahhhhhh!

I don't know what I'm going to do when somebody finally gets one in their hands! I'll probably go and kiss my dog on top of her head for no reason or something. :);):lol::happy::D:happy:B):P

• Like 1

If anyone has a gopro, it sounds like the wifi works the same way. Doesn't actually connect to your network, rather u directly connect to it.

TheKingInYellow

Any chance you can use an Apex to control this? The WiFi via phone is fun and all, but if I'm away or something I want my controller to do the job.

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

That's cool with me, I can hold out a few more days to get my hands on it. This thing looks awesome! Thanks for the link, I'll check it out now and go over the specs.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

That's cool with me, I can hold out a few more days to get my hands on it. This thing looks awesome! Thanks for the link, I'll check it out now and go over the specs.

Good strategy! Wait to see what others say about it.

porkchop-rob

Any chance you can use an Apex to control this? The WiFi via phone is fun and all, but if I'm away or something I want my controller to do the job.

My understanding is that if you have a wifi network available, then you will be able to connect the light to it, and control the light from elsewhere....

TheKingInYellow

My understanding is that if you have a wifi network available, then you will be able to connect the light to it, and control the light from elsewhere....

I wonder about this, either they are running a central service that the light is going out to, or you have to expose a service to the internet from your home network.

Regardless, if I want to run a program, doing things manually from the phone seems counter-intuitive. I have a request in to AI to see just what it's capable of. I might just stick with a Kessil 160 if they can't store a program or something.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I wonder about this, either they are running a central service that the light is going out to, or you have to expose a service to the internet from your home network.

Regardless, if I want to run a program, doing things manually from the phone seems counter-intuitive. I have a request in to AI to see just what it's capable of. I might just stick with a Kessil 160 if they can't store a program or something.

I just can't see them skipping on having control from Apex! That would kind of suck, because then it would be one more step. Maybe they can link it somehow with Apex Fusion?

So the wait continues aaahhhhhh!

I don't know what I'm going to do when somebody finally gets one in their hands! I'll probably go and kiss my dog on top of her head for no reason or something. :);):lol::happy::D:happy:B):P

Told you the ship was empty :lol:

• Like 1
reefernanoman

when are people suppose to get their hands on this unit, is the day still Thursday or is that the day the suppliers get it?

Believe it or not, suppliers were supposed to get it yesterday (Tuesday 03/17/15) and it should have been in people's hands by now, but I guess there was another delay (at least from one of the distributors), so they pushed it back between next Friday and Monday.

Told you the ship was empty :lol:

I will never doubt you again.

There's another thing going empty with this wait : my head!

All this waiting has made Dave many new customers! Cool!

• Like 1

I spoke with a rep from AI and he said that the control will be as if you are using the AI director. I don't have any experience with that so if someone wants to chime in that would be sweet. But it will do storm mode, sunrise/sunset.

porkchop-rob

I am 100% sure it will store a program. The whole idea behind this light is to eliminate the need for an additional controller...not add the need for your phone to be connected to it 100% of the time.

either you use the wifi supplied by the unit to program and save via your phone.....or you connect the unit to your home wifi and control it from wherever, and save it.

That's the only way this light makes sense to me......if I am wrong, then I have no idea what these people are thinking! This is the only reasonable way i can figure for it to function. LOL

• Like 1
porkchop-rob

I would agree, that makes the most sense, but it doesn't actually say that *anywhere* that I can see.

Agreed. I wish they would go ahead and post up the user manuals and a little more technical data....

• Like 1
Caravanshaka

It will only need to be communicated with in order to make changes. It will run the last programmed light cycle when not connected to a phone or network

reefernanoman

It will only need to be communicated with in order to make changes. It will run the last programmed light cycle when not connected to a phone or network

Yeah, it must have some kind of internal memory, but we can speculate all day without having any actual technical data in our hands.

TheKingInYellow

If it does have some sort of internal memory timer but no Apex support then it's still going to be a tough call between it and the Kessil for me.

Is the shimmer really that much better on the Kessils? The Kessil will cost a bit more and I'm not sure if it's a full-spectrum array like the Prime so the Prime is really attractive. I prefer the 'puck' look of the fixture as well.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

If it does have some sort of internal memory timer but no Apex support then it's still going to be a tough call between it and the Kessil for me.

Is the shimmer really that much better on the Kessils? The Kessil will cost a bit more and I'm not sure if it's a full-spectrum array like the Prime so the Prime is really attractive. I prefer the 'puck' look of the fixture as well.

I have seen two A160we's in action and they looked pretty nice. But I wasn't blown away either.