Coral Vue Hydros

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Yeah, I don't know why, but you guys and gals get killed over there with the prices!

Its not that were getting killed, there is no regulations on pricing.. London, Ontario sells the 30L for $400, Burlington, Ontario sells it for $700, Motnreal, Quebec has them for $530 shipped. To no surprise the only shop that has them is the one for $700 and they refuse to price match.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Its not that were getting killed, there is no regulations on pricing.. London, Ontario sells the 30L for $400, Burlington, Ontario sells it for $700, Motnreal, Quebec has them for $530 shipped. To no surprise the only shop that has them is the one for $700 and they refuse to price match.

Can you get ANYTHING cheaper (reef related) when comparing the US and Canada prices?

You could cut the tension with a knife... :blink:

Or a magic wand.

I can't think of any reef product that has taken this long to get into the hands of us reefers after it has been announced.

Can you get ANYTHING cheaper (reef related) when comparing the US and Canada prices?

Coral and Fish are priced great! Hardware is what kills us..

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Coral and Fish are priced great! Hardware is what kills us..

That's just not true! I remember being able to buy a colony of rde's with about 200 heads on it for like forty bucks. Now with the zoa craze and everybodies morph of the same zoas, you can't find butt ugly zoas for under 20 bucks because the vendor is for certain they are fairy farts worth several dollars per polyp. And now the mushroom madness has taken off too.

• Like 3
reefernanoman

That's just not true! I remember being able to buy a colony of rde's with about 200 heads on it for like forty bucks. Now with the zoa craze and everybodies morph of the same zoas, you can't find butt ugly zoas for under 20 bucks because the vendor is for certain they are fairy farts worth several dollars per polyp. And now the mushroom madness has taken off too.

He was talking about Canada specifically. Or where you generalizing maybe?

gulfsurfer101

In general! It's the same there if not worse. Equipment seem to be getting more affordable these days, and I couldn't be more happier. I was planning on picking one of these up this week but a costly parking job this weekend at Austin Tx's SXSW put me back 200 dollars, not to mention what I spent at the aquadome there as well. My trigger finger will have to wait another two weeks before I'm able to make this purchase. Hopefully by then, the first reviews will be coming in.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Not to be a downer, but I feel like a big letdown is coming.

Don't be so positive. "Sarcasm"

That would really suck after 300+ replies, 15,000+ views and 6+ months!

• Like 1

How is it going to be bad? It's a Hydra 13 for all intent and purposes. Last time I checked the Hydra 26 and 52 have no problems growing coral.

This is the datasheet for the royal blues it comes with in the form of Osram Square Deep Blue

http://www.osram-os.com/Graphics/XPic5/00088586_0.pdf/LD%20CQAR.pdf

Depending on bin they can output 1400mW @ 700ma and can take up to 2A. Pretty nice LED.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Does anyone know when they will be released in Europe?

I would shoot AI that question directly. Only they would know the answer to that.

In general! It's the same there if not worse. Equipment seem to be getting more affordable these days, and I couldn't be more happier. I was planning on picking one of these up this week but a costly parking job this weekend at Austin Tx's SXSW put me back 200 dollars, not to mention what I spent at the aquadome there as well. My trigger finger will have to wait another two weeks before I'm able to make this purchase. Hopefully by then, the first reviews will be coming in.

Here we have so much competition with livestock that they are priced phenomenally! Hardware is a different story or you can't even find what you're looking for some days.

• Like 1

Not to be a downer, but I feel like a big letdown is coming.

Yes unfortunately. I did preorder this and canceled to get a nano box. Im waiting for my NB, but I know what i am getting into. This light is still very intriguing for its price point. we will have to wait and see. Also I thought it was supposed to be in stock last week?????

reefernanoman

Yes unfortunately. I did preorder this and canceled to get a nano box. Im waiting for my NB, but I know what i am getting into. This light is still very intriguing for its price point. we will have to wait and see. Also I thought it was supposed to be in stock last week?????

And it was supposed to be in stock the week before that too.....

reefernanoman

OK, so they are in stock now at some online stores, so now for the 2 day shipping wait for those who order today. How about the pre order people?

TheKingInYellow

My light and mount are on preorder with J&L Aquatics and they normally ship quickly but I doubt I'll see mine before next week.

Premium Aquatics has them in stock today. Order completed today with the hanging kit and it is shipping tomorrow. Looking forward to comparing it to my Nano Box Reef. At this price point, it is a great opportunity to check out a new light with some functionality that has yet to be packed into a light focused on the nano market.

• Like 2
TheKingInYellow

I know people love the Nanobox lights but value wise the Prime still seems to kick everything else's Butt.

Light quality is likely a bit higher on the Nano but it's fifty percent more for less PAR over a smaller spread.

How does bluefish compare to the MyAI stuff?

I know people love the Nanobox lights but value wise the Prime still seems to kick everything else's Butt.

Light quality is likely a bit higher on the Nano but it's fifty percent more for less PAR over a smaller spread.

How does bluefish compare to the MyAI stuff?

My AI is definitely a prettier app. The dark color palette of the bluefish app is very somber.