Cultivated Reef

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

The real reason for delay is Ecotech figured out that the prime would rip into XR15W sales hard.

It's a reasonable assumption at least.

The real reason for delay is Ecotech figured out that the prime would rip into XR15W sales hard.

It's a reasonable assumption at least.

possible. Or it could be since Ecotech just relesed the MPQDs that they dont want the light coming out around the same time as that new pump. Just throwing it out there.

here's a theory. delay the light another month, by then most people that pre-ordered have gotten fed up and canceled their orders. then come out and say the light's junk can't get it to work right. scrap it, put all the expensive parts back in 26s and 52's. don't speak of the prime for a long time. wait about 6 months put the prices of the 26s and 52s back up to where they were. then after a year drop the prime again at a $400 price point.

The Hydra and director were so bad when they came out. I had a beta unit and spent more time on the phone and remote sessions. It took them 6 months to get the clock to work on the director. They are probably having the same issues with this light. Its too bad I was looking forward to a reasonable priced LED with the features promised.

reefernanoman

According to AI's FB page!

Yup, AI just sent me an email confirming that they are shipping units to distributors today. Finally!
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

I got the email also .

I didn't order one , but came to update those who had. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

I sure hope so after like 6 months! Imagine a dud after all this? That would not be cool. Edited by en28so
reefernanoman

Would be interesting to watch the drama tho. Lol

I don't think that people who pre ordered this light would want drama. They just want their light! Lol.

• Like 1

I don't think that people who pre ordered this light would want drama. They just want their light! Lol.

Oh I agree and I don't wish for it to happen , but after all of the failed release dates and multiple delays - I believe it might start world war 3 if it were to happen.

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Looks like a cool light, but I think Daves nano box light will be a better overall light. happy with my decision to go with the nano box

Me too :) .

• Like 1

I am happy to get shipping confirmation. But I now have a Kessil 160e coming as I gave up on the prime.......Wife is going to kill me.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I am happy to get shipping confirmation. But I now have a Kessil 160e coming as I gave up on the prime.......Wife is going to kill me.

Lol. Now you can compare the two and see which one you like better. Win win.

Lol. Now you can compare the two and see which one you like better. Win win.

Been there done that. 1st gen radion, Kessil 350 kessil 360w, Beta Hydra + Director. I was not a fan of the 1st radion it seemed to be to complicated and you need a pc to make it work. Sold it after a week. Kessil was such a nice light. I come from the MH days the Kessil was the closest thing to MH as I have seen. But it had such nice disco effect. (shimmer) Made me feel like I was scuba diving as that "disco"effect is what you see under water when diving on a reef. For some stupid reason I went with the Hydra and Director. I won it at a local club meeting while it was in beta testing. it was compatable with my Mac and came with a director. I sold the Kessils right away as I fell for the cool internet based controller. Seems I will do the same with this as Kessil still needs an external controller.

• Like 2

Been there done that. 1st gen radion, Kessil 350 kessil 360w, Beta Hydra + Director. I was not a fan of the 1st radion it seemed to be to complicated and you need a pc to make it work. Sold it after a week. Kessil was such a nice light. I come from the MH days the Kessil was the closest thing to MH as I have seen. But it had such nice disco effect. (shimmer) Made me feel like I was scuba diving as that "disco"effect is what you see under water when diving on a reef. For some stupid reason I went with the Hydra and Director. I won it at a local club meeting while it was in beta testing. it was compatable with my Mac and came with a director. I sold the Kessils right away as I fell for the cool internet based controller. Seems I will do the same with this as Kessil still needs an external controller.

Seems the only difference led wise between the hydra and prime...is the blue instead of royal blue. No idea what difference that will make as I'm no led expert by any means. My only fixture was a Razor and I didn't care for it much. The color was nice but the tank just looked dim, and as soon as I turned up the whites it burned the crap out of my coral. I like the color in the Kessils, however the shimmer is spastic unlike the mellow/smooth shimmer you see in MH. If they could fix that I'd be all over a Kessil. For now, excited about my nanobox order and the use of lime/non-cool white colors and the impact it will have on my Fusion 10.

• Like 2