Pod Your Reef

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like the boat turned around guys !!! I tried to flag him down but he didn't listen.

:(

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like the boat turned around guys !!! I tried to flag him down but he didn't listen.

:(

Is that the boat that was supposed to deliver the PRIME? I hate it when that happens.
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

I noticed it was empty so I think they turned back to go pick them up .

:lol:

Well according to an email I got from a distributor, the ship should be here on Tuesday and they can ship that same day. Quick turnaround I must say.

Oh cool. What did you get? IM fusion 10G?

Fusion 30L, there seems to be a shortage of them in Canada... My buddy said the Primes are coming to his shop this week, two black units with mounts will be mine :D

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Fusion 30L seems to be a shortage of them in Canada... My buddy said the Primes are coming to his shop this week.

Cool! 30L always gets me!

Cool! 30L always gets me!

I'm really stoked to get it! It looks like a great size tank, not to big and not too small! I wish I was getting a quad over this thing but the dollar is really bad right now... maybe when its close to par Ill join Nanobox!

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

So in a quick review of the whole entirety of this thread, what is the verdict on this light fixture. What size tank is one of these capable of handling?

reefernanoman

So in a quick review of the whole entirety of this thread, what is the verdict on this light fixture. What size tank is one of these capable of handling?

No consumer had gotten their hands on it yet! But hopefully, that will change by the end of this week. The maximum coverage would probably be a 12x12x12 tank, but I think that AI mentioned that you could go as far as 18 inches with the wider lens.

porkchop-rob

My question is....can I use the light if I have wifi on my phone....but no public wifi router.

(for instance at work where there is no wifi...but I will have the internet on my phone and I can use the phone as a hot spot)

Please excuse me if my technical lingo is not spot on!

reefernanoman

My question is....can I use the light if I have wifi on my phone....but no public wifi router.

(for instance at work where there is no wifi...but I will have the internet on my phone and I can use the phone as a hot spot)

Please excuse me if my technical lingo is not spot on!

Good question. I don't see why not. I would just ask AI directly to see what they say to be on the safe side or wait for somebody to experiment with their Prime.
gulfsurfer101

I was mainly concerned about lighting a heavily stock 10g holding everything from zoas and leathers to sps and tridacnids. Sounds legit with 18" spread! I'm clueless as far as the WiFi connection goes, myself. I have home WiFi but as far as linking my phone up from anywhere else in the world, is that something I can do with my cellular provider. I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right question since I'm completely in the dark with these units.

reefernanoman

I was mainly concerned about lighting a heavily stock 10g holding everything from zoas and leathers to sps and tridacnids. Sounds legit with 18" spread! I'm clueless as far as the WiFi connection goes, myself. I have home WiFi but as far as linking my phone up from anywhere else in the world, is that something I can do with my cellular provider. I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right question since I'm completely in the dark with these units.

AI states 18x18 with the wider lens with a maximum depth of 12 inches. http://www.aquaillumination.com/lighting/prime/

About how the WiFi can work and what not only AI can answer that directly at the moment.

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Guess we'll just have to wait and see then! I was thinking of getting one, but don't want to be let down at all. I just came across these on my fb page earlier and came here to do a little more digging.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Guess we'll just have to wait and see then! I was thinking of getting one, but don't want to be let down at all. I just came across these on my fb page earlier and came here to do a little more digging.

Yeah you know how that goes with an untested product! I did take the plunge on the IM fusion 10G when almost nobody had it at the beginning though and I got lucky, since it has been such a nice tank.

porkchop-rob

Good question. I don't see why not. I would just ask AI directly to see what they say to be on the safe side or wait for somebody to experiment with their Prime.

Email sent to AI support... I will report back when I see a response.

• Like 1
porkchop-rob

QUICK answer from AI

I'm impressed!

"Good Morning Robert,

Yes, you can use the Prime without a wifi network. The Prime hosts its own hotspot, which you can connect to in order to control it. You will be able to connect your phone to the Prime's network and control it via our mobile apps.

Best regards,
Justin
AI Team"

reefernanoman

QUICK answer from AI[/size]

I'm impressed![/size]

"Good Morning Robert,[/size]

Yes, you can use the Prime without a wifi network. The Prime hosts its own hotspot, which you can connect to in order to control it. You will be able to connect your phone to the Prime's network and control it via our mobile apps.[/size]

[/size]

Best regards,

Justin

AI Team"[/size]

Hmm. So it also has like an internal router functionality? Very interesting.