ReefCleaners.org

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

Sure.. All in all I can't wait to get my lights in. They look extremely promising, Can someone clarify if myAI is available on iOS?

Still works for me. Going back to the Kessil old school nobs. Done with this until I can get a nano box

Still works for me. Going back to the Kessil old school nobs. Done with this until I can get a nano box

I wish I was getting a Nanobox but with the exchange right now the Duo is $800 Canadian :(

reefernanoman

Here's one more person that will not wait anymore for this vaporware! Just ordered my minitide from Dave! I never like to be the first person to try a product that hasn't been tested yet anyways! The mini tide has proven itself to be very good! But I wil still follow this thread because it should be interesting once they release it! Good luck to all the pre order people.

• Like 1

The product has been distributed, its AI who is delaying the "go ahead."

Distributed to who? Where did you get this information? Frustrated like others, but have heard port issues were to blame, just wish they'd come out and say it.

Here's one more person that will not wait anymore for this vaporware! Just ordered my minitide from Dave! I never like to be the first person to try a product that hasn't been tested yet anyways! The mini tide has proven itself to be very good! But I wil still follow this thread because it should be interesting once they release it! Good luck to all the pre order people.

I'm in the same boat. Personally I'd rather have a nanobox but the only thing holding me back is...

1. The price when the controller is added in. Will be an extra $70 bucks for the nanobox vs AI

2. The lack of an acclimation mode in the Nanobox via the controller. Something I personally think all controllers should be able to do.

3. wi-fi...a nice to have.

Like everyone else, suffering with the wait and extremely poor customer service via AI. Hoping it will be worth it in the end.

reefernanoman

I'm in the same boat. Personally I'd rather have a nanobox but the only thing holding me back is...

1. The price when the controller is added in. Will be an extra $70 bucks for the nanobox vs AI

2. The lack of an acclimation mode in the Nanobox via the controller. Something I personally think all controllers should be able to do.

3. wi-fi...a nice to have.

Like everyone else, suffering with the wait and extremely poor customer service via AI. Hoping it will be worth it in the end.

Well, you get a lot of bang for the buck! Not to mention that you can choose your own colors on the frame. Not having WIFI and acclimation mode do not bother me at all. I'd rather have a product that has been tested and proven to work. I really hope that the corals look as well as they look with the nanobox when the PRIME comes out.

jedimasterben

Well AI? What's going on? I want to see this thing in action already!

They're out there. I got to play with a pair of them a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

I own two of Dave's lights, a Nano Box Mini Tide and a Nano Box Mono. The Nano Box Mono is now running over a section of my fuge that contains live rock. This unit is not running on a controller. The Mini Tide is running over my DT, it's a true pico tank, basically a 12"x12" cube. It is running on a Storm X Controller and I love that combination! I had Dave customize it and added a third Channel that runs a single blue LED that I use for the moonphase and over a small tank, I'd say anything up to 18"x18" using a single LED for the moonphase is the way to go and I would do it that way again if/when I do another light with Dave. It's a great light.

I have an AI Prime ordered right now. I will post up my opinion on the two comparatively once I have the AI Prime up and running. Dave makes a great light but the AI Prime is going to be very competitive given the functionality they are packing at $200.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I own two of Dave's lights, a Nano Box Mini Tide and a Nano Box Mono. The Nano Box Mono is now running over a section of my fuge that contains live rock. This unit is not running on a controller. The Mini Tide is running over my DT, it's a true pico tank, basically a 12"x12" cube. It is running on a Storm X Controller and I love that combination! I had Dave customize it and added a third Channel that runs a single blue LED that I use for the moonphase and over a small tank, I'd say anything up to 18"x18" using a single LED for the moonphase is the way to go and I would do it that way again if/when I do another light with Dave. It's a great light.

I have an AI Prime ordered right now. I will post up my opinion on the two comparatively once I have the AI Prime up and running. Dave makes a great light but the AI Prime is going to be very competitive given the functionality they are packing at $200.

That will be great! But remember, its $200 + the mount which is $30 I believe. My nanobox with the storm controller and the dedicated moon light came out to $350(shipping included), so the AI would be $230(with free shipping). So there you go.

I really hope that the corals look as well as they look with the nanobox when the PRIME comes out.

If the pucks are the same as the hydras, that shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1
CatfishSoupFTW

curious how this light pans out. I bought a a160we, and would really like to test it against the prime. On a 18x18x16. Tired of waiting though. lol it cant be THAT breakthrough... or well, its not to begin with as its no new tech but... xD

• Like 1

Distributed to who? Where did you get this information? Frustrated like others, but have heard port issues were to blame, just wish they'd come out and say it.

One local LFS and one in Montreal has them. They can't sell them until AI says to.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I really hope that the corals look as well as they look with the nanobox when the PRIME comes out.

Don't hold your breath. I couldn't adjust them to get a good color to the light, it looked awful, cold, and harsh.

• Like 3

That will be great! But remember, its $200 + the mount which is $30 I believe. My nanobox with the storm controller and the dedicated moon light came out to $350(shipping included), so the AI would be $230(with free shipping). So there you go.

I will be using what appears to be a very slick hanging kit, a whopping $20. It not about the cost differential, it's about getting the best product. One of the reasons I downsized a few years back is that it makes changes to my setup a non-issue from a cost perspective. Competition is good, it's why America is a great country. I look forward to seeing what Dave and other competitors come up with next! If I don't like the Prime, it will do duty over my coral QT and the Tide will retain its rightful place over the DT!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Don't hold your breath. I couldn't adjust them to get a good color to the light, it looked awful, cold, and harsh.

Well I trust you 100%!

I will be using what appears to be a very slick hanging kit, a whopping $20. It not about the cost differential, it's about getting the best product. One of the reasons I downsized a few years back is that it makes changes to my setup a non-issue from a cost perspective. Competition is good, it's why America is a great country. I look forward to seeing what Dave and other competitors come up with next! If I don't like the Prime, it will do duty over my coral QT and the Tide will retain its rightful place over the DT!

Good point! I know that I paid $120 more for the mini tide, but I have seen with how amazing corals look under it, and if that what it takes, then so be it! Furthermore, I got to choose my white and blue, which is just icing on the cake!

curious how this light pans out. I bought a a160we, and would really like to test it against the prime. On a 18x18x16. Tired of waiting though. lol it cant be THAT breakthrough... or well, its not to begin with as its no new tech but... xD

LOl, buyers remorse? If it is, don't worry, we all have experienced it one way or the other.

• Like 1

Other than lack of "lime", what do you think is causing this issue with new prime?

Paleoreef103

Other than lack of "lime", what do you think is causing this issue with new prime?

Well for one, it doesn't have any cool blues. There is a big gap between the 450nm royal blues and the 530 nm greens that basically turns the light strangely purple or pink depending on how high the deep reds are cranked. Cool blues do a phenominal job of balancing the purple tint royals can evoke when there is no spectrum available in the 450-530 nm range. Additionally, the cool whites add to the sterility of the light.

• Like 2
Caravanshaka

It has no warm whites, only cool whites, which is what really bothers me. You don't need a red channel if you are using proper whites.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

This is like buying a Kia and expect it to handle like a BMW...

I like your analogy. So the Kia would be the prime and the nanobox would be the BMW?

It's funny that the poor prime is already being bashed and it's not even out yet.

• Like 1

Some real good points here. I may give it some time and pass for now if Premium Aquatics calls when they have them in stock (didn't do an official pre-order, just asked them to call when they come in) since I don't have an immediate need and overall am happy w my Mini Tide.

I'm not a big early adopter either but it is an interesting light for sure.

• Like 1

No doubt this will help us in the end, I mean the competition with nanobox and such.

If the prime does turn out to be a dud, the Nanobox can still command the same price, given it's a proven and superior product!

• Like 1
Paleoreef103

I like your analogy. So the Kia would be the prime and the nanobox would be the BMW?

It's funny that the poor prime is already being bashed and it's not even out yet.

The prime is basically half of an AI 26 or a quarter of a 52. We know how that performs, so we can talk about how the prime performs.

• Like 1