ReefCleaners.org

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

So maybe by tomorrow we get somebody to say: "I got one on top of my tank!". I'll be holding my breath for the next 24hrs.

porkchop-rob

Wife is headed to the store now to pick mine up.

I plan to do a full box opening vid and have it mounted by.....lets say....5pm central standard time! LOL

Please stay tuned!

....went ahead and downloaded the app to my phone!

• Like 3
SouthFlorida_Tron

I talked with Jason at Premium... My Prime was the first unit to be shipped out! But, won't come until Friday :(

I plan to do a full box opening vid and have it mounted by.....lets say....5pm central standard time! LOL

Please stay tuned!

Do let us know how easy or not the wifi setup is!!!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Please stay tuned!

Finally! I'll be waiting for your video! Upload it on YouTube, but please make sure it's in HD! THANKS!

An hour and a half to go before I head home from work........taking forever........LOL

Watching this thread has me even interested in watching...and no plans on ever getting one. I Heart my Duo.

Hope it's all you folks hoped for B)

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Watching this thread has me even interested in watching...and no plans on ever getting one. I Heart my Duo.

Hope it's all you folks hoped for B)

I started the thread, but I'm not getting one either,since I went with a minitide.

It's going to go head on against the minitide.

I think we should all be thrilled to have two companies focused on making kick butt lights for the nano market. Dave will continue to dominate the custom niche of the market. Awesome guy and willing to make custom mods that you will not get from AI. I think so many people have realized the up side to keeping a smaller piece of the ocean rather than attempting builds that are economically unsustainable in many cases and that are a complete pain to move as well. The reason I switched to the nano tank was to set a better example for my kids while still enjoying a hobby I love without the guilt of running the bigger tank. Not to mention, I spend WAY more time enjoying the nano in my kitchen than the 90G that was in the basement. I tested this theory with a less complex system in my kitchen before committing to the kitchen nano 100%.

Can't wait to compare the two lights. Unfortunately, I'll have limited opportunity to play around with the Prime until after the first week of April. I expect all the bugs to be resolved and documented here by the early adopters!

• Like 2

I talked with Jason at Premium... My Prime was the first unit to be shipped out! But, won't come until Friday :(

Do let us know how easy or not the wifi setup is!!!

Its super easy! The thing picked up the prime in seconds.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I think we should all be thrilled to have two companies focused on making kick butt lights for the nano market. Dave will continue to dominate the custom niche of the market. Awesome guy and willing to make custom mods that you will not get from AI. I think so many people have realized the up side to keeping a smaller piece of the ocean rather than attempting builds that are economically unsustainable in many cases and that are a complete pain to move as well. The reason I switched to the nano tank was to set a better example for my kids while still enjoying a hobby I love without the guilt of running the bigger tank. Not to mention, I spend WAY more time enjoying the nano in my kitchen than the 90G that was in the basement. I tested this theory with a less complex system in my kitchen before committing to the kitchen nano 100%.

Can't wait to compare the two lights. Unfortunately, I'll have limited opportunity to play around with the Prime until after the first week of April. I expect all the bugs to be resolved and documented here by the early adopters!

Excellent post! I will dare to say that competition is almost always good for the customer. In this case I think that it is.
rone_kevin66

Just watched this.....

I wonder if I purchased two primes if they would do well over my 40B, or if I would need 3....or more....

The prime will cover 18x18 so 2 would work for your 40b

porkchop-rob

Don't get too excited, I was forced to use my iPhone for this and the quality is lacking.

Overall I am loving the light, but I am having issues using the light without a wifi connection at the house.

• Like 6
reefernanoman

Don't get too excited, I was forced to use my iPhone for this and the quality is lacking.

Overall I am loving the light, but I am having issues using the light without a wifi connection at the house.

Finally in action! Thanks!

Picked up 2 of the white version with the arms today from the LFS (I preordered with them). I planned to use them for my frag tank that I haven't build yet...they are a bit smaller than I thought, but the LFS had one hanged over one of the frag tanks and the spread was quite awesome...at least to the eyes.

porkchop-rob

Just got back to the house and I am very impressed with the light. I have it set to 30% across the board.

Looks so much better than that boost par light.

Sorry about the poor video. I was really frustrated when my camera wouldnt power up, and I couldn't find the tripod. Had to go ghetto on the rigging. Lol.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Just got back to the house and I am very impressed with the light. I have it set to 30% across the board.

Looks so much better than that boost par light.

Sorry about the poor video. I was really frustrated when my camera wouldnt power up, and I couldn't find the tripod. Had to go ghetto on the rigging. Lol.

It's all good. The video looks fine to me.
reefernanoman

Looks like a decent light after all

I agree. The 6 months of waiting were worth it. Now to pin it against the competition.

Maybe Dave at NanoBox can come up with that sexy mount that he was thinking of.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I saw in person. The tank mount is very big and honestly very odd for the sleek look of the unit. I am seriously thinking of making a gooseneck mount!

Shipping is in a few weeks is what I heard at Reefstock.

Mounting is NOT included.

-Dave

What about that gooseneck that you were thinking about Dave, now that it looks like this little light is worth it? :).

Finally!

I know! It has been a long 6 months of speculation and discussions! I went and read a few of the oldest comments at the beginning of this thread so that I could find Dave's post about the gooseneck he's thinking about.
gulfsurfer101

I've been out the nano game for a minute so I haven't been paying attention, till it caught my eye on fb not too long ago. I've recently set up a ten gallon using an old diy led fixture. It's beyond ugly and the gf isn't happy since it's not as "purdy" as my 75g. Maybe she'll have nothing to complain about with one of these over it. I mean she's basically telling me to buy it right. I'm not in the habit of spending money I haven't earned yet, but I may make an exception on this one.

• Like 1

Still tempted to open the Kessil. And return the Prime. I Was charged 3 weeks ago for something the retailer still has of yet to ship. starting to get pissed.......... :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

AI and Ecotech seem to be off to a great start. NOT!

Looking at this light it's tempting to buy one ... So I can gut it and put a nanobox puck in there. That sexy body deserves a better spectrum.

Maybe conbined with a sheet of difusion material for that perfect color mix. Of course a gooseneck ala Dave and a bluefish mini to round out those features as well.

porkchop-rob

I was having issues with the indicator lights (AI on top) blinking red and the light shutting off. I unplugged and plugged it back in, and everything was working correctly again....except the time was off when I set the program. Therefore the lights were off when they should have been at 30%.

I went ahead and connected the light to my home wifi and it immediately started working flawlessly. AS SOON as it was connected to my home wifi, the time corrected, and the light has functioned flawlessly. I have a ticket started with AI to see what the issue is, I was expecting a little hiccup here or there with a BRAND new light and control/app setup. It would not be a problem if I planned to keep the light at home....but Im hoping to take it to work where there is no wifi.

I am seriously considering selling my hydra and placing some of these over the 40B. I really like the small form factor !

Still tempted to open the Kessil. And return the Prime. I Was charged 3 weeks ago for something the retailer still has of yet to ship. starting to get pissed.......... :furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

AI and Ecotech seem to be off to a great start. NOT!

This sounds like an issue with the retailer, not AI.

I really like the prime, I am glad I chose it over the kessil.

• Like 2