SaltCritters.com

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

We are all frustrated about the delay regarding the release of this product, but as an LED fixture this is just a single puck version the Hydra 26. Considering the Xr15pro would be instant competition if this product was released as the "Hydra13." This unit had to be different from the Xr15pro and thats why its compact, and offers a bunch of cool bells and whistles at an attractive price.

I posted both layouts of the Hydra 26/52 and the Prime to show that they are just three different size variations utilizing the same LEDs. So if you've used Radions, or AI Hydras, you should know what to expect on this unit.

prime_ledLayout.png
hydra52_ledLayout.png

CatfishSoupFTW

Well I trust you 100%!

Good point! I know that I paid $120 more for the mini tide, but I have seen with how amazing corals look under it, and if that what it takes, then so be it! Furthermore, I got to choose my white and blue, which is just icing on the cake!

LOl, buyers remorse? If it is, don't worry, we all have experienced it one way or the other.

lol for those moments you buy something because its exciting, then something else at the same price more or less, but offers more comes out and youre like 0__0 damn.

id like to compare though . we will see . XD

• Like 1
Paleoreef103

We are all frustrated about the delay regarding the release of this product, but as an LED fixture this is just a single puck version the Hydra 26. Considering the Xr15pro would be instant competition if this product was released as the "Hydra13." This unit had to be different from the Xr15pro and thats why its compact, and offers a bunch of cool bells and whistles at an attractive price.

I posted both layouts of the Hydra 26/52 and the Prime to show that they are just three different size variations utilizing the same LEDs. So if you've used Radions, or AI Hydras, you should know what to expect on this unit.

prime_ledLayout.png

hydra52_ledLayout.png

Actually, that seems to show that instead of having deep blues and royal blues like the hydras it has standard blues and deep blues. If that's actually the case, it will actually look better than the hydras. Much less purple/pink tinted.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

It has almost been six months since I started this thread and the light is still MIA. Has this ever happened before?

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Distributed to who? Where did you get this information? Frustrated like others, but have heard port issues were to blame, just wish they'd come out and say it.

I'm in the same boat. Personally I'd rather have a nanobox but the only thing holding me back is...

1. The price when the controller is added in. Will be an extra $70 bucks for the nanobox vs AI

2. The lack of an acclimation mode in the Nanobox via the controller. Something I personally think all controllers should be able to do.

3. wi-fi...a nice to have.

Like everyone else, suffering with the wait and extremely poor customer service via AI. Hoping it will be worth it in the end.

I just read that wifi controlability can be added to the mini tide for an extra $100, if I'm correct, with the new mini wifi from Blue Fish! I think that's what I'm going to do instead of the storm controller. So I would just have to add $50 to my mini tide order.
jedimasterben

I just read that wifi controlability can be added to the mini tide for an extra $100, if I'm correct, with the new mini wifi from Blue Fish! I think that's what I'm going to do instead of the storm controller. So I would just have to add $50 to my mini tide order.

:ninja:

• Like 1

Has anyone every asked AI why they use piss poor CW's in replace of NW or WW's and do away with the green's and red's ? If they did,I feel like their lights would be so much better.

I was messing with the Hydra a few weeks ago,and ew... The red's are a wee bit overpowering in my opinion.

Has anyone every asked AI why they use piss poor CW's in replace of NW or WW's and do away with the green's and red's ? If they did,I feel like their lights would be so much better.

I was messing with the Hydra a few weeks ago,and ew... The red's are a wee bit overpowering in my opinion.

CW has higher luminous efficacy than warm or neutral white so they can say the par is higher and the red and green are there because more leds means more $$$.

So money if the answer.

• Like 1

CW has higher luminous efficacy than warm or neutral white so they can say the par is higher and the red and green are there because more leds means more $$$.

So money if the answer.

See and Ben told me not to use CW's when I wanted to "brighten up" my old array lol. I know they aren't good when it comes to color rendition though. Regardless,I'd rather use a WW or NW over a CW,that's just me though.

Cool whites are cheaper per reel as well since they're cheaper to produce.

Limes are better for brightening up anyways. Their luminous efficacy is higher and they blend without making the tank look cold.

• Like 1

Cool whites are cheaper per reel as well since they're cheaper to produce.

Limes are better for brightening up anyways. Their luminous efficacy is higher and they blend without making the tank look cold.

This is my last question so we aren't clogging up the thread. So,I'm setting up a light consisting of 2 rb's 2 ww's and 2-3 430's would lime be better to brighten up the array so it's not so blue ? I don't have any dimming on this so adjusting color isn't possible.

reefernanoman

IM TAKING OUT MY PITCHFORK

I'm taking out mine too, and I'm not even buying one!

a little birdie told me that they went back to drawing board.

:D

If this were true, Dave is going to get flooded with orders!
  • Like 1

They must've found a serious bug in the software or something similar to delay a launch for six months. Possibly trying to patch it before they release?