Coral Vue Hydros

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

jedimasterben

Since AI teamed up with Ecotech Marine i wonder if customer service is still an issue ...

Just for clarification, AI was purchased by Ecotech. There is no such thing as companies 'teaming up' or 'merging'. One company acquires another, but sounds better for the smaller company if they tell people they are 'merging'. ;)

reefernanoman
Does anyone know if this light will be controlled via MyAI? Or it will have its own software?
I would shoot an email to AI, since they would have the answer to that question.

I have a feeling that this light will sell out as soon as it goes on sale due to the competitive price just like the fusion aquariums.

• Like 2
reefernanoman
Do you think it would be enough for a reply 10 gallon?

It has 13 LED'S and 7 different colors, so it sure sounds like enough to me. A 12x12x12 cube or standard 10 gallon? Definitely enough for a cube.

That sucks. Because I have had the greatest experience with AI costumer service. They were extremely helpful whenever I used to call because I couldn't figure out the director lol. I even called a few weeks when MyAI website was not uploading my firmware, and they were very kind and helpful. Guess it's not the same for everyone. As for me, they have been good. :)

I also had a great experience with AI. They serviced a Nano that was out of warranty and only charged to ship it back. I wasn't even the original purchaser. But every company has customers with good and bad experiences.

• Like 3

Doesn't look hangable :furious:

That's the one thing thats bothering me a bit about this light, that it would require some crazy rigging to use on my system. I may end up biting the bullet and getting their rail kit but it would mean re-working some aspects of my setup.

It has 13 LED'S and 7 different colors, so it sure sounds like enough to me. A 12x12x12 cube or standard 10 gallon? Definitely enough for a cube.

standard 10 gallon

20 inches long right? I'm thinking that you would need at least two of them.

Im thinking it should do well on a standard 10 gallon. I have a kessil a150 on a 10 gallon and its almost to much light. I have to find shaded spots under rock ledges for most of my lower light varieties.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Im thinking it should do well on a standard 10 gallon. I have a kessil a150 on a 10 gallon and its almost to much light. I have to find shaded spots under rock ledges for most of my lower light varieties.

Cool, so one might do the trick.

Awesome thanks for the help!

That's the one thing thats bothering me a bit about this light, that it would require some crazy rigging to use on my system. I may end up biting the bullet and getting their rail kit but it would mean re-working some aspects of my setup.

Doesn't even look like it can be hung with the rail system. Total deal breaker for me. I'll probably go with the new Kessil or maybe a Nanobox. This new AI looks like it was built with the AIO crowd in mind. Wish the Radions were in that price range.

• 3 weeks later...

I also had a great experience with AI support. They sent me a new light when I had issues with my original. They were very helpful.

Ordered a prime, no clue when it's coming. Also, no idea how I'm going to mount it.