Top Shelf Aquatics

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Inspirational tanks like these make me want to set up another tank....

Wahhhh

Thanks and do it. :naughtydance:

that looks great. i wish i can tune my AP700 to that spectrum. do you remember what setting you had the A350w on?

Hmmm, not 100% sure. Something along the lines of 100% Blue and White somewhere between 50 and 75%.

Hey Shaun, glad to see you around.

What SPS is that under the Convict?

Thanks man. :) It's a Mr Pacman Acro. The colour is a bit off since the trip but it's a great coral, grows fast when it's happy and goes a nice pink.

• Like 2

Regular misting is great for encouraging growth, as well as keeping a good level of Iron, they suck up iron and when I had loads of SPS, actually caused most of my green acropora to turn yellow

• Like 1

Tank Shots - December 27;

I snapped a couple of photos of the tank today from some different angles. It seems to be finding a good balance and is improving day by day. I purchased some seriously brown Acros and am looking forward to hopefully winning some kind of colour lotto. :lol:

rts_december_27_2015_1280.jpg

lts_december_27_2015_1280.jpg

• Like 14

Awesome shots !!! Tank is looking really good man,I don't think you'll have any problem coloring back up any Acro's or any sps for that matter.

Thanks man. Parameters are dialled in nicely so if I can keep them steady colours should improve a lot in the next few weeks. :)

Looks great! I love the reflection of the lights.

Thanks. :)

Looks awesome and yeah those Zoa's are on FIRE! What else is at the base of that mangrove?

Merry Christmas.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too.

There are Zoas, some Hammer Coral frags (my colony broke apart during the rebuild), many of which I need to sell off and a BTA.

Looks awesome shaun very clean.

Thanks man, I'm trying to be smarter with coral additions this time - hoping to have a couple of stags to continue to looks of the rock work a bit better when they grow out into colonies.

• Like 1

Thanks man, I'm trying to be smarter with coral additions this time - hoping to have a couple of stags to continue to looks of the rock work a bit better when they grow out into colonies.

I know exactly what you mean Im trying to do the same.