inTank Media Baskets

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

I have a 35mm Prime but I have to stand in the neighbors yard to get a FTS with it.

:lol:

In a perfect world, of course, we would all have an array of prime lenses for every scenario. Even though I've had my DSLR for a couple of years now and am significantly more capable of getting good photos now, even my best photos with my T2i and 50mm f1.8 on a tripod and remote shutter are not as sharp as my best handheld photos with my sister's old, abused T1i with a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 and had never before touched a DSLR. During season, they'd be taking 1-2,000 photos a day, and that camera was like five years old. :o

:lol:

And on my 40, I have to stand almost 5' away to get a photo with my nifty fifty and barely get the whole tank in the frame :)

The Tamron zooms and their primes are really good quality IME, far better than some of the Nikon and Canon entry level DSLR kit zooms - I used the 17-50 for many years on my good old D70 and the 90mm macro I use now is great, especially for their price. :)

Probably because the tamron 28-75mm is surprisingly good for macros too so its great for coral closeups.

Tamrons are great lenses. :) Same with Sigma (not all of course), the new Art range is highly rated.
  • Like 2

What kind of camera/lens do you use for your macros? They are stunning.

This has always been one of my favorite threads. I was saddened to hear about the crash of your previous tank.

The new one is looking great though!!!

What kind of camera/lens do you use for your macros? They are stunning.

This has always been one of my favorite threads. I was saddened to hear about the crash of your previous tank.

The new one is looking great though!!!

Thanks for the compliments, unfortunately things can go wrong in tanks but hey, onwards - at worst it's an opportunity to try something new. :)

I use a Canon 5d3 and a Tamron 90mm 2.8 for macro shots.

• Like 2

mangrove_tank_001.jpg

Mangrove Mixed Tank;
I've decided to remove the Mangrove from my main DT as I was concerned over it's long term happiness in a lower nutrient environment, I'll be adding some softer corals and hopefully macro algae to the new set up in the coming weeks.

If anyone is interested, the tank is a Ista Diamant - 45cm x 27cm x 30cm made with starphire glass - they are cheap tanks aimed at the freshwater market but really pretty impressive as far as quality goes. A great alternative to the ADAs IMO.

• Like 18

Oh come on! I already like this little thing more then mine lol. Really love the simple scape

Whatever man. :lol: But thanks, we'll see where it goes. :)

Waaahoooo !!! That's such a clean build so far,you gonna make another thread or keep it in this thread ?!

Thanks, I'll just post updates in here. Saves time. :)

that is so vibrancy in colours it nearly looks fake.

It's crazy, so inspiring.

• Like 1
Miguel Burguete

Hey!

Can you give us some more details about the new tank? It seems like super low maintenance as well as simple and awesome!

Keep updating us pls!!

Hey!

Can you give us some more details about the new tank? It seems like super low maintenance as well as simple and awesome!

Keep updating us pls!!

I'll keep it updated in this thread. :) Not much more to tell, I'm running the el cheapo HOB that it came with and my old Kessil A350W. I'll add some more flow later most likely. I actually bought the tank to start a planted tank but set it up and got bored after a week, so here we are. :lol:

That torch movement is freaking me out.

Love the new tank, what hob is that?

Thanks, it's just a hob that came with the tank, nothing fancy.

• Like 2

Oh come on! I already like this little thing more then mine lol. Really love the simple scape

Adam, you took the words right out of my mouth! It looks beautiful already :)

• Like 1

I don't know how you do it but your pictures of tanks seem to convey a feeling.......they bring happiness to me everytime you post. The angles, full shots with the room- perfect! ? cheers man!

• Like 3

Adam, you took the words right out of my mouth! It looks beautiful already :)

You're too kind, it's just some rocks. :lol:

I don't know how you do it but your pictures of tanks seem to convey a feeling.......they bring happiness to me everytime you post. The angles, full shots with the room- perfect! cheers man!

Thanks man, makes me happy to make someone happy. :) Can't wait to see your new tank exploding with corals.

unknown_brown_001_january_15_2016.jpg

Unknown Brown Update;

Not so brown anymore. :) Sexy times ahead.

• Like 11

For what you get I would say that isn't a bad deal. Not for a hobbyist but for a professional for sure.

My sister is a professional photographer....her reaction to this was.........................MEH

You're too kind, it's just some rocks. :lol:

Thanks man, makes me happy to make someone happy. :) Can't wait to see your new tank exploding with corals.

unknown_brown_001_january_15_2016.jpg

Unknown Brown Update;

Not so brown anymore. :) Sexy times ahead.

Love it!