SaltCritters.com

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Thanks, seems to be a coral that will do well. :)

Awesome on the new addition, I think every tank needs a big green Stag, I'm really into them at the moment - hopefully some less common colours will pop up at the stores so I can grab a couple more. :lol: From what I've heard the Nasuta grows really fast as well which is nice. You should buy it. :naughtydance:

Just what I need, another enabler in my life :P. I may have to go back and get that Nasuta lol.

• Like 2

I'm gonna start buying browned sps and hopefully they'll gain colours in my tank too :lol:

I don't really like to do it but I've got lucky a couple of times. :lol:

Just what I need, another enabler in my life :P. I may have to go back and get that Nasuta lol.

You're welcome. :lol:

• Like 5
Spiderguardnano

Not sure if I missed it man but what are you dosing for this tank? It's just so crazy how you can literally rescue any brown stick and make it pop to a crazy color

If I was you I would hunt all the brown sps I can lol

Thanks Shawn.

The Lyretails are really low maintenance as far as Anthias go. I feed them once or twice a day along with the rest of the tank.

I'll have to pick up a pair for my tank. Have you had any brown diatom algae on the sand? I'm running bio-pellets for my first attempt to have a low nutrient tank but still having that unsightly brown algae. I even cut down to feeding to once every two days.

Not sure if I missed it man but what are you dosing for this tank? It's just so crazy how you can literally rescue any brown stick and make it pop to a crazy color

If I was you I would hunt all the brown sps I can lol

I believe that stability of water chemistry and T5 is what brings colour out of brown Acros fast. I prefer to buy something where I know what it will look like but am more into shapes now so colour sometimes isn't the end of the world. Doubt I'll add more sticks for a good while now anyway.

I'll have to pick up a pair for my tank. Have you had any brown diatom algae on the sand? I'm running bio-pellets for my first attempt to have a low nutrient tank but still having that unsightly brown algae. I even cut down to feeding to once every two days.

I have no diatoms, I did but they are gone. I like to just feed through the pain of unsightly phases, eventually you find a balance.
  • Like 3
jedimasterben

I have no diatoms, I did but they are gone. I like to just feed through the pain of unsightly phases, eventually you find a balance.

:lol:

I tried to find a gif from an episode of 'Hey Arnold!' that was from an ice cream eating contest, his grandpa kept telling him 'eat through the pain' but I can't find one. :(

• Like 3

For nutrient reduction do you rely on w/c's?

I'm running the full Zeo system on this tank. I switched over about a year ago. So Zeolites + Carbon + Skimmer. And I do 10% water change every 2 weeks.
  • Like 3

I'm running the full Zeo system on this tank. I switched over about a year ago. So Zeolites + Carbon + Skimmer. And I do 10% water change every 2 weeks.

Great, thank you!

• Like 1

What do you like about them? I've considered a long nose in the past, they seem fun!

They have the best personalities and they are always bouncing around the tank from spot to spot. I just love them.

mr_pacman_001.jpg

Mr Pacman Acropora;

The Pacman Acro is looking great again, it's working on getting a nice vibrant pink with green tips and it's got a lot of growth points which means it's settled in again.

• Like 6

Seriously miss my hawks. I had a pair of Falco's and they were the best - always sat within a couple inches of each other even in an 8' tank.

Love that pic!

• Like 1

Seriously miss my hawks. I had a pair of Falco's and they were the best - always sat within a couple inches of each other even in an 8' tank.

Love that pic!

Thanks, they really are cool fish. :) I'd love a pair.

• Like 2

I believe that stability of water chemistry and T5 is what brings colour out of brown Acros fast. I prefer to buy something where I know what it will look like but am more into shapes now so colour sometimes isn't the end of the world. Doubt I'll add more sticks for a good while now anyway.

I picked up a pair of Lyretail Anthias today. They already seem to be pretty comfortable in their quarantine tank after a couple hours. :D

24706309592_aabf0b003e_c.jpg

• Like 5

I picked up a pair of Lyretail Anthias today. They already seem to be pretty comfortable in their quarantine tank after a couple hours. :D

Nice. :) They're super chilled fish. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks, they really are cool fish. :) I'd love a pair.

Just get a smaller one. Easiest fish to pair IMO. I had a 4" male, and added a little girl that was barely more than an inch. As soon as she was in he immediately sat next to her and they were inseparable. Maybe I got lucky, so your mileage may vary.

Just get a smaller one. Easiest fish to pair IMO. I had a 4" male, and added a little girl that was barely more than an inch. As soon as she was in he immediately sat next to her and they were inseparable. Maybe I got lucky, so your mileage may vary.

Awesome, I'll probably order one in a couple of months then. Thanks. :)

Great shot of the Hawk- do they ever perch on sps?

Yup, all the time. :)
  • Like 1