inTank Media Baskets

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Sweet pics Shaun, any updates on your mangrove mixed tank?

Thanks Andy. No real update, I've not added anything to it yet. Hoping to snag some nice macro algae for it. But haven't found anything great yet. :)

More!

:lol: I got a 1" brown Slimer frag. Need to try emulate that beast of yours on a smaller scale. :D

Awesome! I love the coloration on the skin of the first one combined with the sunlight :wub:

Thanks man, the Secale has been with me for a long time now - I managed to save a couple of pieces from when the tank went south. They're encrusting nicely and I'm seeing some vertical movement and of course much better colour lately. :)

Cool sps pics, they look good

Thanks Arce, things are doing well at the moment.
  • Like 3

lts_january_26_2016_1280.jpg
FTS January 26;
Excuse the dirty ass tank ( blame Ben for demanding a photo :lol: ). Not much new to report, I'm currently working on getting rid of some algae as you can see. The corals are happy so I'm not too concerned. Starting to see a lot of growth points on the Acros, so I expect to see some movement in the coming weeks. :)

redplanet_007.jpg
A little more Red Planet love, getting fuzzier. :)

unknown_brown_002_january_26_2016.jpg
Unknown brown number 2 is no longer brown.

• Like 21

Idk how you do it Shaun,wow.

Thanks man, much too kind. I'm excited to see the tank in a few months when the corals have filled out more and when the rocks have finished leeching out nutrients. I'm convinced they were soaked in tap water for 500 years at the store. :lol:
  • Like 2

Steller Shaun. The algae just gives it a natural character. I honestly didnt even notice it until you said something!

Thanks man. It doesn't bother me that much too be honest, I'd like to have a little less you're right it's not an eyesore.

Looks great, that second SPS has some nice color.

Thanks, it's really interesting with the swirls.

I just wet myself

Thanks. :lol:

Something is going on,or your recipe is just on point lol. You must have a keen eye for picking pieces thatre going to be just outrageous.

I believe that having good nutrient control which in my case is a oversized skimmer, tons of light and stability especially of KH are the keys to making Acros happy. Well, it's what has worked for me anyway. This ATI seems to just burn away the brown in no time. :lol: I've gotten lucky with my last few coral picks as far as having nice colours.

• Like 1

Duuuuuuuuuude!!! I haven't seen your tank come up for a while, due to my lack of activity recently. (Just bit the bullet on a Fusion 20 however, in progress)... Last time I was here a while ago it was during some of the struggles when things weren't going too well!

I'm SO happy to see things the way they are. Absolutely beautiful man, just beautiful! I remember seeing your tank well before I got into the hobby (before I even had an account, and I'd lurk on here) .. Very inspiring.

Hope things continue all the best for your reef, will following more along!! :)

this tank is fuego.gif

Thanks Andy.

Very very nice. I didn't notice any dirt. I mean really really nice. :)

Thanks Mark, it's not filthy but it's been cleaner, need to get in there and scrape a few spots.

Duuuuuuuuuude!!! I haven't seen your tank come up for a while, due to my lack of activity recently. (Just bit the bullet on a Fusion 20 however, in progress)... Last time I was here a while ago it was during some of the struggles when things weren't going too well!

I'm SO happy to see things the way they are. Absolutely beautiful man, just beautiful! I remember seeing your tank well before I got into the hobby (before I even had an account, and I'd lurk on here) .. Very inspiring.

Hope things continue all the best for your reef, will following more along!! :)

Thanks man, good to see you are back. I'm looking forward to seeing the new build. :)

Looks fantastic, Shaun. I really didn't notice that the tank was dirty :)

That red planet is doing really well now!

Thanks. The RP is starting to look really nice again - and it's starting growing again so that's always exciting. :)

Tank is looking frigen amazing!

Thanks. :)

Gorgeous tank Shaun, everything is looking great. Don't worry about the algae, it will go eventually :).

Thanks man. Not overly stressed over it, patience tends to be the key with these things.

you are the acro god. and your tank looks amazing. dirty? i see perfection.

I wouldn't go that far :lol: but thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated.
  • Like 3

choc_001_1280.jpg

Chocolate Stag;

I used to call this the brown turd but I'm going with Chocolate Stag now. :lol: It's about to branch nicely. :)

blue_stag_001_1280.jpg

blue_stag_002_1280.jpg

Thick Potentially Blue Stag;

This coral looks like it wants to just spread and dominate.

• Like 9