ReefCleaners.org

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Thanks man. :) How you enjoying that Hybrid?

Yes, once I get the new one back again and start to crank up par I think my colors should start improving ( stylo browned a bit) and then it's time to borrow the par meter and get ready for some smooth skin acros ?

• Like 1

Yes, once I get the new one back again and start to crank up par I think my colors should start improving ( stylo browned a bit) and then it's time to borrow the par meter and get ready for some smooth skin acros

Excellent. I'm sure your corals will love it. I really love the Deepwater Acros, not putting that in inverted commas just to annoy Ben. :lol: IME they are hardy and grow really fast. :)
  • Like 2

Excellent. I'm sure you corals will love it. I really love the Deepwater Acros, not putting that in inverted commas just to annoy Ben. :lol: IME they are hardy and grow really fast. :)

Just call them smooth skin. :) Inverted commas. Good grief. :D

• Like 3

blue_zoas_001.jpg

New Zoas;

Picked these up yesterday, super cheap but pretty. :)

I live on the US east coast. It's impossible to find something Cheap, Simple and Pretty. Everything is either high end shops selling fancy stuff for $$$ or ramshackle,dusty broken-down LFS selling the plain stuff for the same $$$. lol

I don't know how much that cost, but anywhere within 1hr drive of where I live would want like $60 US or more for that frag.

I live on the US east coast. It's impossible to find something Cheap, Simple and Pretty. Everything is either high end shops selling fancy stuff for $$$ or ramshackle,dusty broken-down LFS selling the plain stuff for the same $$$. lol

I don't know how much that cost, but anywhere within 1hr drive of where I live would want like $60 US or more for that frag.

From what I've seen online in the US, prices are quite high for corals and the frags tend to be quite tiny. That said, you do have an amazing selection - I'm really jealous of that. These cost me $10 I believe FWIW.

• Like 1

slimer_day1-7.jpg

Slimer Progression;

Day 1, 4 and 7 - left to right. White balance is a tad warmer far right because I took it in the morning so there was some sunlight peaking in. But overall it's getting much greener every day.

• Like 13

slimer_day1-7.jpg

Slimer Progression;

Day 1, 4 and 7 - left to right. White balance is a tad warmer far right because I took it in the morning so there was some sunlight peaking in. But overall it's getting much greener every day.

amazing! :happydance:

amazing! :happydance:

Thanks, it's getting there. :)

Random Coral Photos;

unknown_brown_002_january_29_2016.jpg

Unknown Brown Number 2 showing off some polyps.

zoas_010.jpg

Zoa polyps looking cool.

chalice_003.jpg

Chalices are cool.

• Like 6

slimer_day1-7.jpg

Slimer Progression;

Be careful what you wish for. :) Looks happy. I notice mine will first get bright green polyps and then the skin will go from brown green to bright green and glow almost yellow under blue LED. If every acro grew this fast we would probably be bored and have found another hobby. :D

• Like 1

Be careful what you wish for. :) Looks happy. I notice mine will first get bright green polyps and then the skin will go from brown green to bright green and glow almost yellow under blue LED. If every acro grew this fast we would probably be bored and have found another hobby. :D

A fast growing Acro, my favourite kind. :lol: LEDs are crazy for bringing out the glow. This frag was nuclear green in the holding tank at the LFS. Like toxic waste green. Got it home and was brown. :lol: Thankfully T5s burn that brown away fast. B)

• Like 1

A fast growing Acro, my favourite kind. :lol: LEDs are crazy for bringing out the glow. This frag was nuclear green in the holding tank at the LFS. Like toxic waste green. Got it home and was brown. :lol: Thankfully T5s burn that brown away fast. B)

Yea, that toxic waste green is incredible. Mine is slowly getting it back but you really have to see it in person to understand.

Gorgeous tank as usual! When you come back Shaun, you come back with style! B)

How are the Anthias' holding up? I'm tempted to try a couple in my 65G shallow - 48 x 24 x 13 inches but my tank is mainly housing Acropora as well. I have a brand new, large skimmer but am worried about algae if I overfeed.

-Shawn

Gorgeous tank as usual! When you come back Shaun, you come back with style! B)

How are the Anthias' holding up? I'm tempted to try a couple in my 65G shallow - 48 x 24 x 13 inches but my tank is mainly housing Acropora as well. I have a brand new, large skimmer but am worried about algae if I overfeed.

-Shawn

Thanks Shawn.

The Lyretails are really low maintenance as far as Anthias go. I feed them once or twice a day along with the rest of the tank.

Excellent progress on the slimer. I picked myself up a frag of a toxic green Stag over the weekend, for $10 I couldn't resist! I have too many green SPS pieces already, need to stop impulse purchasing and start planning my purchases a bit more haha. Hmmm, I knew I should have picked up the white nasuta with dark blue tips...I may have to go back for that one.

Excellent progress on the slimer. I picked myself up a frag of a toxic green Stag over the weekend, for $10 I couldn't resist! I have too many green SPS pieces already, need to stop impulse purchasing and start planning my purchases a bit more haha. Hmmm, I knew I should have picked up the white nasuta with dark blue tips...I may have to go back for that one.

Thanks, seems to be a coral that will do well. :)

Awesome on the new addition, I think every tank needs a big green Stag, I'm really into them at the moment - hopefully some less common colours will pop up at the stores so I can grab a couple more. :lol: From what I've heard the Nasuta grows really fast as well which is nice. You should buy it. :naughtydance:

• Like 1

unknown_brown_001_february_001_2016.jpg

Acropora Tenuis;

Unknown brown 001 is a Tenuis and is turning into something really nice and starting to branch. Looking forward to this one growing into a nice colony. Image is a little blurry but I liked it. :)

• Like 12