inTank Media Baskets

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

really glad to see an update. looks amazing man

Thanks JR, hope you're doing well.

++1

Thanks man, how's the Red Planet? Taken over the world yet? :lol:

Glad to see you're back man. That nem is something serious

Thanks man. Hope you're doing well. I paid nearly nothing for that nem, total score. :)

glad to see this thread getting some action!!! Cant wait for some SPS!

Glad to be back and hoping for some SPS soon.

The tank and myself are hanging in there,can't complain. The speckled nems are awesome. My LFS has some for $50 but I don't want to torture one and put it in a nano...

• Like 1

td_december_15_2015.jpg

STS - December 15, 2015;

Always love seeing the tank with the afternoon light coming into the house. Really happy with the progress of the tank, it's bouncing back really nicely. :)

• Like 16

acan_005.jpg

Acanthastrea Echinata;

Acans really are a resilient coral IME, this colony has been beaten on and always comes back strong. They're really enjoying the heavy feeding routine.

• Like 11

Who?

LRO,they did at least when I was out there last.

Echinata is such a cool coral. Yet I have own a piece lol. Your pictures are always over the top man,keep it up !!

Bruno Campos Gouveia

sts_december_13_1024.jpg

Quick Update - December 13, 2015;

Took a photo this morning of the tank as it is stands currently. It's cleared up a lot since I got home but is still pretty dirty and naked as far as coral goes - I'm happy with the scape and am looking forward to bringing this one to life. More photos to follow soon.

Really love the little Convict Tang, it needs a little more fattening up but it's the first purpose bought fish I've had that did what I wanted. :lol: It just grazes all day long.

sts_december_13_1024.jpg

Quick Update - December 13, 2015;

Took a photo this morning of the tank as it is stands currently. It's cleared up a lot since I got home but is still pretty dirty and naked as far as coral goes - I'm happy with the scape and am looking forward to bringing this one to life. More photos to follow soon.

Really love the little Convict Tang, it needs a little more fattening up but it's the first purpose bought fish I've had that did what I wanted. :lol: It just grazes all day long.

Lindo reef, me inspiro em reefs iguais ao teu, como chama essa planta dentro dele? E qual função ela tem? Obrigado

Lindo reef, me inspiro em reefs iguais ao teu, como chama essa planta dentro dele? E qual função ela tem? Obrigado

Thank you. :) It's a Mangrove, honestly in my reef it has no real filtration function, I just want to see if I can grow it into something that looks nice.

Obrigado. :) É um mangue, honestamente no meu recife não tem função de filtração real, eu só quero ver se eu posso crescer em algo que parece bom.

Is the mangrove anchored by something or just buried in the sand? From what I understand (which isn't much) at that early stage they don't have much of a root system.

Is the mangrove anchored by something or just buried in the sand? From what I understand (which isn't much) at that early stage they don't have much of a root system.

I have it anchored into a rock and then it's covered it sand. Seems to be happy enough.

I have it anchored into a rock and then it's covered it sand. Seems to be happy enough.

Awesome... it looks great. Glad to see the tank still running. You used to run a Kessil at one point right? What are the pros/cons since switching to the T5.

Awesome... it looks great. Glad to see the tank still running. You used to run a Kessil at one point right? What are the pros/cons since switching to the T5.

I was running the Kessil A350w yes, I really love the Kessils - they're great lights. I don't really have anything bad to say about the ATI unit, it does everything I could want out of a light. Perhaps I'd like some LED pop in some corals but I very rarely miss that. :)

• Like 1

Did you notice better growth or any advantage switching? I'm putting together a parts list for a new build and would love to run the Kessil A360 or ATI T5's. I'm leaning towards the Kessil for aesthetics .

Did you notice better growth or any advantage switching? I'm putting together a parts list for a new build and would love to run the Kessil A360 or ATI T5's. I'm leaning towards the Kessil for aesthetics .

In my tank there was the advantage of much better spread. Growth was good under both and my tank was a lot more mature when I ran the ATI so it's probably not fair to compare. I like T5 because I tend to fiddle less. I just turn it on. What size is the tank you want to light?

In my tank there was the advantage of much better spread. Growth was good under both and my tank was a lot more mature when I ran the ATI so it's probably not fair to compare. I like T5 because I tend to fiddle less. I just turn it on. What size is the tank you want to light?

Thanks for letting me pick your brain. It's a custom tank somewhere around 30" long x 20" width and 15" high. Haven't settled on those spec's just yet though. I know at 30" I won't get complete coverage with a single A360 but I'm okay with that. I know the ATI at 24" long would be awesome and as you said simple!

Thanks for letting me pick your brain. It's a custom tank somewhere around 30" long x 20" width and 15" high. Haven't settled on those spec's just yet though. I know at 30" I won't get complete coverage with a single A360 but I'm okay with that. I know the ATI at 24" long would be awesome and as you said simple!

Tank sounds great. :) Depending on coral choice and placement you could potentially get away with a A360, there will be some fall off as far as intensity but not so much visually especially on a shallow tank.

Here is an image of the spread when I had the a350w running on my tank 700mm x 700mm (27.5"), so not much smaller than 30".

fts_july_27_2014_1024.jpg

• Like 7

Here is an image of the spread when I had the a350w running on my tank 700mm x 700mm (27.5"), so not much smaller than 30".

fts_july_27_2014_1024.jpg

that looks great. i wish i can tune my AP700 to that spectrum. do you remember what setting you had the A350w on?