Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

MyLiquidBlue29BC

How is this tank doing with the Value Reef Breeder's light? Is it still sitting on the top or did you end up hanging it?

I ask because I'm considering a 29 hex, but I could only do it if I could keep the hood on.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this tank doing with the Value Reef Breeder's light? Is it still sitting on the top or did you end up hanging it?

I ask because I'm considering a 29 hex, but I could only do it if I could keep the hood on.

I just have it sitting on top. It's kind of a pain but since I want to go with a larger hex, I decided it isn't worth setting up something it can hang from. It sits on the rim of the tank and not the top. Not sure what kind of top you are using though?

The light is great, very powerful. My macro doubled in size quickly and I have had to pull it out twice now. Then I melted my poor dragon's breath and my blue macro with some peroxide I was spot treating some GHA with :( So hopefully it keeps growing quickly and grows back. I'm running GFO now so hoping that won't stunt it too much.

I had to turn the light down a bit even because my zoa's and mushrooms shrunk up. They seemed healthy but were small basically. The shaded zoa's were big though. When I upgrade I plan on only macro/gorgs/clam so I'm going to crank the light back up and grow baby grow....!

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Thanks for the reply :)

The hood looks kind of like this:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Clear_for_Life_ES_Medium_Density_Fiberboard_Hexagon_Pentagon_Aquarium_Canopy_Stand_MDF_(Heavy)-Clear_For_Life-AT5411-FIAQCSMD-vi.html

It's my dad's tank. It's only been set up at their house for 20 years, you'd think I'd have a picture of it. I'm going to see if he'll trade me for my BioCube :) I have little hands to keep out of the tank, so a hood/canopy is a must.

What optics did you get on yours? And did your new corals arrive?

Thanks for the reply :)

The hood looks kind of like this:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Clear_for_Life_ES_Medium_Density_Fiberboard_Hexagon_Pentagon_Aquarium_Canopy_Stand_MDF_(Heavy)-Clear_For_Life-AT5411-FIAQCSMD-vi.html

It's my dad's tank. It's only been set up at their house for 20 years, you'd think I'd have a picture of it. I'm going to see if he'll trade me for my BioCube :) I have little hands to keep out of the tank, so a hood/canopy is a must.

What optics did you get on yours? And did your new corals arrive?

They arrived healthy, I posted some pics in my 40B thread. I put most of them in there for now because I am running out of space lol

It has no optics on it but I am thinking about trying some 90's on it. It doesn't really bleed any light since it is so close to the water but I figure when I raise it and the tank is deeper, 90's may work better.

Link didn't work :(

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Lol, yes..canopy is the right word. :D I think his tank is even plumbed for a trickle filter lol It was set up as saltwater in early 90s.

Lol, yes..canopy is the right word. :D I think his tank is even plumbed for a trickle filter lol It was set up as saltwater in early 90s.

BTW, is that your horse?

MyLiquidBlue29BC

BTW, is that your horse?

She was. It's a long story, but she was the best horse I've ever had. I hated to part with her. I saw a picture of your horses :)

She was. It's a long story, but she was the best horse I've ever had. I hated to part with her. I saw a picture of your horses :)

Aw, sorry to hear. That must have been hard. :(

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Aw, sorry to hear. That must have been hard. :(

It was not fun, but it's the reason I started my tank back up. The tank isn't the same, but it helps. River was a barely handled 6 year old when I got her. I started her and taught her everything. But she went to a good person who will be able to build on the foundation I gave her. I hope she shows River in local dressage shows. Her new mom actually called me last week.

I love the color of your horse, Raven, by the way.

It was not fun, but it's the reason I started my tank back up. The tank isn't the same, but it helps. River was a barely handled 6 year old when I got her. I started her and taught her everything. But she went to a good person who will be able to build on the foundation I gave her. I hope she shows River in local dressage shows. Her new mom actually called me last week.

I love the color of your horse, Raven, by the way.

Thank you! :)

That sounds like our horse Oreo. When we got her, she never even knew what it was like to be touched and didn't even know how to lead.

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Thank you! :)

That sounds like our horse Oreo. When we got her, she never even knew what it was like to be touched and didn't even know how to lead.

She must really think a lot of you :) to let you hang out with her while she is lying down, like in that picture, is a huge compliment.

She must really think a lot of you :) to let you hang out with her while she is lying down, like in that picture, is a huge compliment.

Never thought about it that way but I guess you are right. I would have never thought a horse could come so far. She is more attached to people now than other horses.

I GOT IT I GOT IT.. I'm pretty sure I got a video of them doing the dance... I ran out of room on my card but I think I got it... will upload in a bit. Need to edit out my squeeling!

Awesome! I love how the Ruby Red pops up at the top once, like 'don't forget me!'. LOL

Ha!, Ya he is a bit of a social butterfly.

You lucky lady! The tank is looking amazing, by the way. :)

Thank's Llama :wub:

Time to learn how to raise dragonet's now for you!! That's awesome congrats!

lol, I'm going to throw these on the MBI to get my local club some "points". They spawn late at night.... like 1am but if I'm up I'm going to turn off the return to see if I can ever find any eggs... just because I'm curious.

Clear that card and get some moar of that shiz

Cleared some.. I have so much crap on it lol...

Girl, I tried to creep on my mandy's doing the dirty to make a sex tape I could sell online. No luck. Yours must like to do it with the lights on.

lol! Are they spawning yet or does is the Mr. still acting shy? Do you see him flirting? My male gets all flirty and "poofs" himself up to look all manly and impressive to attract the lady before they start the courtship.

I was shocked to see them doing it with the lights on for all the world to see. Naughty!

The local breeders here talked me into filling out a MBI on them and following the "process". We'll see where this goes...

Oh they're doing the rises, it's beautiful to watch. The tank itself is very dark right now, the ambient room lights give a little more visibility. I see them just as they reach the top 1/4 of the tank together.

Archived