Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Oh they're doing the rises, it's beautiful to watch. The tank itself is very dark right now, the ambient room lights give a little more visibility. I see them just as they reach the top 1/4 of the tank together.

Hurray! Congrats! Now start creeping!

You're right btw.. sexing bangaii's with vents is hard. I fed the tank so much my clowns looked like they were ready to pop but I still couldn't see anything on the bangaii... BAH!

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys I put this together last minute.. no seriously.... like 30 min ago. My lights were off so you get to see my boring sump :)

There are FIVE people who can participate and 4 of us are here on nano-reef so please vote for us all!!!

Here is my link: http://bit.ly/1dzifTt

MyLiquidBlue29BC

I'm getting that hex tank :) I'm so excited. If you have any advice on setting it up, I would really appreciate it if you could pop over to my tank thread :)

I really hope this is true:

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/23/frozen-auto-feeder-avast-marine-confirmed-demo-video/

Been wanting something like this for awhile. Automate small feedings throughout the day for my 40B and set up apex to cut the pumps and auto feed frozen food for the mandarins. Would be awesome for any fish that does best with multiple feedings a day and for vacations!

Damn that's a nice piece. I have never seen one of them before.

Thanks! NPS is a little off the beaten path :) It is a pretty red though.

Think I might add that to my list of possible corals for my hex. :)

Woo! I believe they are one of the easier NPS. The hardest part so far has been trying to catch the polyps open to feed it. Seems to random.

How are the other NPS doing? I'm getting a mandy this weekend ;)

They are doing well. I can't tell if the gorgs have grown or not because they were so tiny to begin with but the sun corals and dendro are popping out new heads :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I missed the latest updates, but most people can't even keep 1 dragonet, let alone multiple in the same tank. Gorgeous, gorgeous tank. I'm jealous!

I'm not sure how I missed the latest updates, but most people can't even keep 1 dragonet, let alone multiple in the same tank. Gorgeous, gorgeous tank. I'm jealous!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the tank doing tamb? Hows the little red guy?

The mandy's are doing great and the red guy is 100% recovered. He is very active now, wouldn't even think he was the same fish.

My clam did bring in a few kinds of BAD hitchhiker algae. I had to put the macro in the fuge (temperately) and let loose some turbo snails and a tuxedo urchin. They have ate about 80% of the one really bad turf algae that was fast spreading so I am waiting it out. The other two kinds they won't eat but those grow slow so I'm not as concerned and manually removed what I can reach.

It wasn't GHA but something else. Short and bushy and spread like fire. Luckily it is also tasty it seems.

I'm toying with the idea of putting two 20g cubes from PicO Aquariums on my 40B stand and transferring all the mandarin stuff into one of the cubes and setting up the adjacent one as a NPS only tank. Everything from the 40B would be transferred into a 45g cube which would be made into a LPS/SPS tank.

This would allow me to clean up my stand and all the pipes running all over and I could play with some SPS in a low nutrient tank separate from the mandy's and the NPS feedings would feed the pods/macro.....

I would also get the clean look of PicO's beautiful tanks although I would make some sort of clean top that doesn't detract from the rimless too much.

IDEAS!

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Sorry about the bad algae, good thing most of it is tasty! Those PicOs are nice looking tanks. Would you plumb them into your sump and have the 45 Cube stand alone?

Sorry about the bad algae, good thing most of it is tasty! Those PicOs are nice looking tanks. Would you plumb them into your sump and have the 45 Cube stand alone?

Ya the 45g cube would have its own sump/system for SPS and the 2 cubes would be plumbed into my 40B sump. :)

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Ya the 45g cube would have its own sump/system for SPS and the 2 cubes would be plumbed into my 40B sump. :)

Sounds like fun :D Cubes have a lot of scaping options. :) Are you going to retire the hex?

Sounds like fun :D Cubes have a lot of scaping options. :) Are you going to retire the hex?

Yeah, I do love the shape of the hex though. I tried to find a large one but there is nothing around here and I have been looking for a long time. The 20g I am using is very old (1992) and has seen many owners, it is scratched up and ofc not low iron so I have been thinking an upgrade might be nice to bring out the true colors of the inhabitants.

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Yeah, I understand that! My hex is easily 20 years old, but well taken care of. I priced new ones that size before I asked my parents to trade and was like...."ummm, not a chance!" They were REALLY expensive. I'm really enjoying the clarity acrylic. I know I just have a camera phone, put I think my pictures turn out pretty good. I'm sure the low iron will be SOOO worth it. I want to do a long, shallow tank next. I'll have to see how you like the low iron.

• 2 weeks later...

just got a ruby red for $20! awesome little dragonet, I don't think the LFS employee new it wasn't a a regular red scooter, I even asked...

just got a ruby red for $20! awesome little dragonet, I don't think the LFS employee new it wasn't a a regular red scooter, I even asked...

Awesome score!

Awesome score!

Thanks! Ya I'm super excited, I've been missing having a dragonet after selling my mated pair of mandarins that I had for 3 1/2 years... He just ran into my pygmy hawk after acclimating and flashed his dorsal, stunning colors.

Archived