Coral Vue Hydros

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Do you dose phyto for the non photosynthetics?

Closest thing I got right now is marine snow which I dose and let circulate with the return pump off.

I am going to pick up some phyto with my next food order and some brine eggs and other goodies. The bigger NPS will eat anything.. pellets, mysis, w/e.. the NPS gorgs like the snow... stirred up sand bed.. scraping the glass.. and small foods like ova and cyclopeez.

There is also a crap ton of tiny tiny pods crawling around.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closest thing I got right now is marine snow which I dose and let circulate with the return pump off.

I am going to pick up some phyto with my next food order and some brine eggs and other goodies. The bigger NPS will eat anything.. pellets, mysis, w/e.. the NPS gorgs like the snow... stirred up sand bed.. scraping the glass.. and small foods like ova and cyclopeez.

There is also a crap ton of tiny tiny pods crawling around.

Thanks, just wondering because I've been thinking about trying some sun corals and maybe another gorg. Also that scleronepthya (sp?) is hawt

Thanks, just wondering because I've been thinking about trying some sun corals and maybe another gorg. Also that scleronepthya (sp?) is hawt

Sun corals are easy.. just feed them and they will do well. I say go for it.

and thanks, LA has a purple Stereonephthya I want to try if this one does well. I have a hard time finding a lot of info on some of the corals I got since they aren't as commonly kept.

Here is the purple version:

lg-80479-tree-coral.jpg

lg-80481-redcoral.jpg

Love your dragons!!! Your tank is def an inspiration!

Wow, thank you so much!!! :) I'm sure yours is going to do just fine. I always stress and fuss over a new mandarin.

Dang't! How was I NOT following this already. I was thinking I hadn't seen a post in forever from you! *bangs head on desk*

Awesome looking additions!

Bones is doing great! I was checking him out today and his belly is round now! I believe it is safe to say the scary part has passed.

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOD GUYS.. my red female is huge.. like she swallowed a beach ball and .. and.. I caught them spawning!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

OH MY GOD GUYS.. my red female is huge.. like she swallowed a beach ball and .. and.. I caught them spawning!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

That's amazing Tam! Pictures please! :D

I bet I can catch them doing it again! I sort of interrupted them so I need to be more sneaky next time instead of charging to the tank and smashing my face against the glass. lol I was so excited.

I bet I can catch them doing it again! I sort of interrupted them so I need to be more sneaky next time instead of charging to the tank and smashing my face against the glass. lol I was so excited.

Lol, I remember pressing my nose against the glass the first time I introduced my male clown, Zeus, to my female clown, Athena, and the male began to do his shimmy-spazz dance. I was so freaking excited as well (even though it's nothing to brag about) haha. If you can, get a small video of the cute couple. Would love to see them! :D

I will sure try. They are my two shy dragnets so they were doing their business in the back of the tank.

Bones and my spotted are so bold though... my spotted is TOO bold. I was trying to peroxide some bubble algae and he was thinking it might be food and I kept shoving him away with the pipette and he wouldn't leave so I put my hand in his face and pushed him with my fingers and he STILL wouldn't leave. I'm going to put food on my hand.. I bet he'll just sit right on it. He was very food aggressive when I got him and would bite any fish in his way but he has calmed down now that he realizes its an all you can eat buffet. I will try and film that too because I have never seen a fish just not give a f*k about anything. lol

Lol, I remember pressing my nose against the glass the first time I introduced my male clown, Zeus, to my female clown, Athena, and the male began to do his shimmy-spazz dance. I was so freaking excited as well (even though it's nothing to brag about) haha. If you can, get a small video of the cute couple. Would love to see them! :D

I will sure try. They are my two shy dragnets so they were doing their business in the back of the tank.

Bones and my spotted are so bold though... my spotted is TOO bold. I was trying to peroxide some bubble algae and he was thinking it might be food and I kept shoving him away with the pipette and he wouldn't leave so I put my hand in his face and pushed him with my fingers and he STILL wouldn't leave. I'm going to put food on my hand.. I bet he'll just sit right on it. He was very food aggressive when I got him and would bite any fish in his way but he has calmed down now that he realizes its an all you can eat buffet. I will try and film that too because I have never seen a fish just not give a f*k about anything. lol

Yeap, some Mandys are bold alright. My spotted also seems to have grown a bit of backbone since I first got him. Now he swims up to my finger and allows me to stroke him gently on occasion, but he's still nervous around the pipette. :P Still, once he discovered the frozen bloodworms and Repashy as food, his belly's looking a little fuller than when I first got him. :P

Do keep us posted, in any case. ;)

Thanks Kat! :wub: It does look like codium in the picture but its calcified. I did figure it out though.. it is Neomeris annulata.

This tank looks lovely! The banana macro is codium.

C'mon Tam! They were trying to get jiggy with it and you were all up in their grill!

I know.. I am such a pervert peaking in the window.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a cheap 55g hex so I will be upgrading this at some point. I plan on keeping it as a mandarin tank but may add a pipefish pair or sea ponies (who knows?). I might not upgrade it until I move though and just store the tank. Haven't decided.

edit: sea ponies not compatible with clams

I got a cheap 55g hex so I will be upgrading this at some point. I plan on keeping it as a mandarin tank but may add a pipefish pair or sea ponies (who knows?). I might not upgrade it until I move though and just store the tank. Haven't decided.

Put em all in there! And then put a wartskin in the 29

Put em all in there! And then put a wartskin in the 29

Haha.. I can't have more tanks or husband will murder me. He likes them but he doesn't understand why I need "four".

Archived