Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snow_Phoenix

:wub: Are you going to go collect local macro for yours?

Yeppers. I'm just awaiting the next shipment of macros at my LFS, which might take a while since they import it from Singapore. Right now things in RL are very busy, so I have no time to head down to Desaru beach to do a bit of macro harvesting on my own. But when I do, I'll definitely collect some ulva, feather caulerpa, codium etc. So far my DT is packed with Chaeto and Grape Caulerpa - I have an insane amount of pods in there. My Mandy is also very fat and happy, he actually has a little belly now! :wub:

Rainfords doesn't eat frozen, no surprise. He seems to love picking at the various macro's in the tank though. Risky fish due to its dietary needs but I want to see how these guys do long term in a macro tank. I have zero GHA so we'll see if the macro is able to support the zooplankton he needs. He also eats snail eggs.

Conch eating in stealth mode:

I love that his eyestalks are out too and at one point he checks one out to see if its food. Haha

Love your tank!

Is that largish yellow guy at front a leather or mushroom or.....?

I love that his eyestalks are out too and at one point he checks one out to see if its food. Haha Love your tank! Is that largish yellow guy at front a leather or mushroom or.....?

Thank you! :)

If you mean the yellow coral on the rights side of the tank by the bam bam zoas, it is a yellow fiji leather. Glows highlighter yellow under actinics.

Added some majano's... :o

A small baby I got in a trade from hypostatic. :bowdown:

ibv9luFdh7kAd3.jpg

This was a freebee from Got2Envy, originated from islandfotiki's pest tank. omgomgomg

ibksjw9ase6t69.jpg

Look at them bubble tips! It must be so happy in it's new home =]

:happydance:

Those majanos are very cute!

Do these not take over? Do they stay fairly small?

Majano's stay small. The purple and green one doesn't seem to take over. Hypostatic has had them awhile without problems. I am not sure about the green and pink. Tiki was saying that they don't multiply that fast like the brown ones. I have been feeding the green and pink ones for a few weeks now and no new babies. I had some brown ones and didn't feed them at all and they made like 10 new babies lol... I ended up tossing the brown ones since they seemed more trouble than worth.

Are you feeding the mini nems? I think the brown ones multiply so quickly because they are much more photosynthetic (the brown comes from the zooxanthellae), so they don't really need food and can get much more energy out of the light.

PS the magicians melted emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Are you feeding the mini nems? I think the brown ones multiply so quickly because they are much more photosynthetic (the brown comes from the zooxanthellae), so they don't really need food and can get much more energy out of the light.

PS the magicians melted emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I am feeding them :)

Whattttt! whyyyy! When? Did they ever open up?

The sea. She is a cruel mistress.

They never really opened up. They just slowly shrank away.....

I will grow out another for you :)

Snow_Phoenix

They never really opened up. They just slowly shrank away.....

Is it because of the temp? I once ordered zoas from out of state and it came in a bag of heated plastic. The water was boiling hot and the zoa polyps were still attached. However, they began shrinking and melting over the next few days. Sad. :(

I will grow out another for you :)

:wub:

Is it because of the temp? I once ordered zoas from out of state and it came in a bag of heated plastic. The water was boiling hot and the zoa polyps were still attached. However, they began shrinking and melting over the next few days. Sad. :(

No clue. They looked healthy and stuff. They just didn't want to open up and they shrunk out of existence

Got 3 new flower nems for this tank from a group order. A sexy shrimp is already picking out his favorite. Not all of these shown in the pic are mine, a couple are for club members.

IMG_20140725_210334210_HDR_zps799bfydz.j

• 3 weeks later...

Archived