Pod Your Reef

The Tweaker

pgrVII

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you don't piss everything off for weeks and weeks like I did with my rescape!!

Lol no my tank is well adjusted to rescaping at midnight lol

Ok so my light has been shipped (thanks Dave!)

And I just put an order in for 10 corals from cultivated reef,Holly hooked me up. Mixed frag packs of zoas and sps corals,including a

Australian Limeade Shortcake :)

Nice! You know how it goes, pics when everything arrives!!

Oh absolutely. I also got all Out to dip them when they arrive. Hopefully all goes well this is alot going on tank wise this week

So update on my skimmer without messing with it 3 days... Cup filled up about 1/4 of little the darker tea liquid... skimmer neck was dirty as heck, but again when that happens the water level rises passed midway up the tube and begins to overflow. I just dumped and cleaned the skimmer cup. Had to adjust the water level back down.

So update on my skimmer without messing with it 3 days... Cup filled up about 1/4 of little the darker tea liquid... skimmer neck was dirty as heck, but again when that happens the water level rises passed midway up the tube and begins to overflow. I just dumped and cleaned the skimmer cup. Had to adjust the water level back down.

Just keep at it we will get it done bro. How's your weekend so far buddy?

I shut it off to add some mysis and stuff... so i'd figured i'd clean it as it was nearly water over the top and not foam. It seems to skim best clean as well. So I adjust the water level below the red line and foam just at the red line.

It's going good, been a lazy weekend... Re scaped my office/tank room xD

How about yourself

I shut it off to add some mysis and stuff... so i'd figured i'd clean it as it was nearly water over the top and not foam. It seems to skim best clean as well. So I adjust the water level below the red line and foam just at the red line.

It's going good, been a lazy weekend... Re scaped my office/tank room xD

How about yourself

Good man glad it's been relaxing for you. Mines pretty good too just ordered a butt load of coral.

Nice! Where do you order from? I need some zoas for my 10g...

Cultivated reef,they are awesome man really nice folks and awesome selection tell em I sent ya they do referral discounts etc. Top notch in my book. Got some oxides and blue tubs coming in my order

Nice! I'll check them out I just placed an order with salt critters for the Zoabox, and a couple enchinata corals! 79$ total for 8 frags... I dig it.

So here's shortly after cleaning the skimmer cup.. I get best skimmate production with a clean neck. Not sure if it's different for each tank/skimmer... I don't get super dark skim; im ok with that. Wetter skim = more nutrient export correct? Or am I tripping?

20150628_150612_zps5b7riy3v.jpg

So here's shortly after cleaning the skimmer cup.. I get best skimmate production with a clean neck. Not sure if it's different for each tank/skimmer... I don't get super dark skim; im ok with that. Wetter skim = more nutrient export correct? Or am I tripping?

20150628_150612_zps5b7riy3v.jpg

Yes,I think if you run it wet it does better at removing phosphate I believe. It's strange mine can be dirty or Clean and I typically get equal results across the board, unless it's directly after then it takes half a day or so to readjust.

Yea I have no clue, i'm stumped... Dirty...water level rises. Frustrating to say the least.

Yea lol I'm frustrated for you at this point also.

Archived