Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Tweaker

pgrVII

Yes that's an excellent idea sir. Lemme know how it goes.

So i'm testing something out... I cut off the air tube cylinder and replaced it with an adjustable air valve. Let's see if I can get something going with this mod.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

So i'm testing something out... I cut off the air tube cylinder and replaced it with an adjustable air valve. Let's see if I can get something going with this mod.

So your issue is micro bubbles in the display AND the skimmer isn't working, correct?

Can we get a video of the skimmer?

Also, air has to be getting in somewhere. Pretty much the only air intake is the skimmer, so maybe the air line has a hole in it?

So your issue is micro bubbles in the display AND the skimmer isn't working, correct?

Can we get a video of the skimmer?

Also, air has to be getting in somewhere. Pretty much the only air intake is the skimmer, so maybe the air line has a hole in it?

Yes sir, it's the left pump and skimmer i'm getting air bubbles from. I had greatly reduced the air bubbles by putting this adjustable air valve on, but they're still present with the pump and partially skimmer. I still don't have any skim yet(I'm not running that green pad)

HarryPotter

Yes sir, it's the left pump and skimmer i'm getting air bubbles from. I had greatly reduced the air bubbles by putting this adjustable air valve on, but they're still present with the pump and partially skimmer. I still don't have any skim yet(I'm not running that green pad)

Can you run the skimmer in a bucket? ZERO bubbles should be escaping- where are they getting out from? The base? The Pump?

thecoralbeauty

sticks! :wub:

for some reason i had the feeling your tank was much bigger than it was. If i had a chance to start from scratch with mine I'd do what you did on the left side in terms of overflow, skimmer, etc. my HOB kinda bothers me sometimes, and i don't skim.

on the other hand, it does keep things simple. and no micro bubbles for me! ever.

sticks! :wub:

for some reason i had the feeling your tank was much bigger than it was. If i had a chance to start from scratch with mine I'd do what you did on the left side in terms of overflow, skimmer, etc. my HOB kinda bothers me sometimes, and i don't skim.

on the other hand, it does keep things simple. and no micro bubbles for me! ever.

Yea it's just a standard 40 gallon breeder. The aio I built into it seems to be working well,I think I will eventually soon plumb the return from a brs mini reactor into the bottom return to the tank have for some extra flow.

Oh and thanks for the reply to the sticks shot mwhitelock :) always nice to get some love .

HarryPotter

Yea it's just a standard 40 gallon breeder. The aio I built into it seems to be working well,I think I will eventually soon plumb the return from a brs mini reactor into the bottom return to the tank have for some extra flow.

Oh and thanks for the reply to the sticks shot mwhitelock :) always nice to get some love .

Why the mini for a 40? Doesn't sound like enough :(

Yeah those "sticks" :lol: are pretty damn cool!

thecoralbeauty

it's totally your tank, but there's another way you could scape as well to hide the AIO (which is what i would do if I were starting over with the 20L i have)- put the AIO in back by the wall and have the tank perpendicular to the wall that way, scaping the rocks as a long peninsula out from the back AIO wall. i've always loved that look.

that being said, i also love the arched scape you have going on now. is that a bubble coral in the middle bottom?

yes to hanging with dog.

Why the mini for a 40? Doesn't sound like enough :(

Yeah those "sticks" :lol: are pretty damn cool!

The mini would be plenty for my setup. I wanna try to keep things small as possible so the less room it takes the better.

it's totally your tank, but there's another way you could scape as well to hide the AIO (which is what i would do if I were starting over with the 20L i have)- put the AIO in back by the wall and have the tank perpendicular to the wall that way, scaping the rocks as a long peninsula out from the back AIO wall. i've always loved that look.

that being said, i also love the arched scape you have going on now. is that a bubble coral in the middle bottom?

yes to hanging with dog.

Yes it is a bubble coral. I got it almost dead from a tank break down I did. Now it's my biggest coral :)
thecoralbeauty

The mini would be plenty for my setup. I wanna try to keep things small as possible so the less room it takes the better.

Yes it is a bubble coral. I got it almost dead from a tank break down I did. Now it's my biggest coral :)

always admired them, but never had one. they seem to be going out of style.

always admired them, but never had one. they seem to be going out of style.

Well if it ever splits or anything I'll keep ya in mind :)post-79628-0-90129200-1436033238_thumb.jpg

Like that duo over the scape....looks great!

Thanks jack I like it too. Alot. Now I've just been fine tuning the lights seeing what the corals like.

Honestly I feel like the sps would like some more light,the highest point of the day I run both blue channels at 55% and the white 45% and violet at 40%

Honestly I feel like the sps would like some more light,the highest point of the day I run both blue channels at 55% and the white 45% and violet at 40%

How long have you had it up and running......actually sounds like a fair amount of light.

I've had it running since we'd evening. I had my maxspect razor nano st 80% white channel peak and 95% blue channel peak for about 4 hours a day. However the new coral was run under leds PAR 38 styles it appeared not sure the intensity or if the they were on a dimmer. I have excellent polyp extension so really I'm gonna run the light in the current settings for at least a week before changing anything. Even my pocillipora is starting to revert back to its original reddish pink color from green and extending polyps in day hours,before it usually did it in the evening and night time. Calcium was a bit high today so not gonna add any nano reef a&b tomorrow and check levels at same time tomorrow see how much they are taking in.

I've had it running since we'd evening. I had my maxspect razor nano st 80% white channel peak and 95% blue channel peak for about 4 hours a day. However the new coral was run under leds PAR 38 styles it appeared not sure the intensity or if the they were on a dimmer. I have excellent polyp extension so really I'm gonna run the light in the current settings for at least a week before changing anything. Even my pocillipora is starting to revert back to its original reddish pink color from green and extending polyps in day hours,before it usually did it in the evening and night time. Calcium was a bit high today so not gonna add any nano reef a&b tomorrow and check levels at same time tomorrow see how much they are taking in.

I love my nano box light! I'm sure you're really going to like the duo! You seem to be the go-to guy for all things skimmer related! :lol: Very nice tank indeed! I think we need more pictures of these new corals.

I love my nano box light! I'm sure you're really going to like the duo! You seem to be the go-to guy for all things skimmer related! :lol: Very nice tank indeed! I think we need more pictures of these new corals.

Absolutely lol. Ill see if I can get some decent ones tomorrow. Thanks for checking it out.

Yea at least for the pls50 anyways haha.

post-79628-0-05491900-1436115588_thumb.jpg Blue tubs

post-79628-0-78693600-1436115637_thumb.jpg limeade shortcake.

post-79628-0-07890800-1436115701_thumb.jpg Orange Digitata and Blue Tip Acro.

post-79628-0-39901600-1436115788_thumb.jpg New oxides and Radioactive dragons eyes.

Archived