ReefCleaners.org

The Tweaker

pgrVII

A Tide will keep a BTA :)

And there he is haha.

That will probably be the setup for awhile after I get my tank back up and running. :D

It will.look awesome, the one your getting is an original lawntip anemone.

Someone has been working on their camera skills! Looks great bro. Crisp.

Thanks man ,it's getting there lol. The video is easy and clear no edit needed or done. Tomorrow I'm gluing frags down finally gonna start the z&p garden.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is cranky pants?

The nem is good. All tucked in sleeping :)

There's an even smaller one literally the size of an eraser on a standard pencil,you can just barely see a little green in the center.

^ This. Only reason having two tanks doesn't drive me insane is because the NPS one is so specifically different maintenance/feeding wise I don't get mixed up or frustrated doing everything twice.

Oh yea,I've considered putting a small betta cube on the breakfast bat with 2 dwarf seahorses and a tiny sponge filter but I just don't want to deal with two tanks lol. But I totally get wanting two :)

Tanks looking good man, pics are coming along nicely too. :)

Thanks man,it's getting there. I really wanna start running a brs mini reactor with 1/2 cup Rox carbon,and 1/4 gfo, I wanna plumb the return with the outlet of the reactor so it's super clean going back into the top of the tank and then just a regular return in the bottom. I got the sps bug bad haha,and tomorrow I hope to start constructing my z&p garden finally.

So I really need to stop falling down the reef rabbit hole late at night you know it's bad when you need to be up at 7am and your looking at old threads of info. Better than than just watching TV I suppose though.

Goodnight nano reef. :)

Make sure u don't tumble the carbon even a little bit, made that mistake and really pissed everything off before ;)

The sps bug is a hard one to shake proceed with caution LOL I hear ya on wanting to redo stuff with the tank..... eventually lol

Make sure u don't tumble the carbon even a little bit, made that mistake and really pissed everything off before ;)

The sps bug is a hard one to shake proceed with caution LOL I hear ya on wanting to redo stuff with the tank..... eventually lol

Thanks Chris,I was planning on just mixing the two as I don't need much gfo and packing it tightly. Least that's what BRS said to do

That said,I will tread light as you have said :)

HarryPotter

Thanks Chris,I was planning on just mixing the two as I don't need much gfo and packing it tightly. Least that's what BRS said to do

That said,I will tread light as you have said :)

Thats what I did and it worked really well! Only thing was that I used too much GFO so could only use the reactor once or twice a week or my phosphates would get too low.

I used fancy shipping :slap: so it should be there monday :)

Thats what I did and it worked really well! Only thing was that I used too much GFO so could only use the reactor once or twice a week or my phosphates would get too low.

I used fancy shipping :slap: so it should be there monday :)

I saw that harry ! Thanks man,I love equipment tinkering the tank is gonna sparkle when the reactor is in.
HarryPotter

I saw that harry ! Thanks man,I love equipment tinkering the tank is gonna sparkle when the reactor is in.

Yeah its going to be awesome!

Currently I use a IM MiniMax reactor with three pouches of Chemi-Pure Blue Nano inside of it. My water is CLEAR! :)

Yeah its going to be awesome!

Currently I use a IM MiniMax reactor with three pouches of Chemi-Pure Blue Nano inside of it. My water is CLEAR! :)

I was considering putting my bag of blue in the reactor cause I just got it a month ago. Might do it while I wait my gfo to come
HarryPotter

I was considering putting my bag of blue in the reactor cause I just got it a month ago. Might do it while I wait my gfo to come

Just be careful with the GFO.... Make sure to keep up testing your Phosphate. If it hits zero (With this reactor thats definitely a possibility) your SPS will suffer quite a bit!

What are your levels without GFO? Im just curious :)

Edit:

I know you know this lol- its just I almost bleached my 'caps when I was running the reactor 24/7 and don't want anyone else to have that!

[quote name="Harryjsinger" post="5074735" timestamp="1436568911"Just be careful with the GFO.... Make sure to m up testing your Phosphate. If it hits zero (With this reactor thats definitely a possibility) your SPS will suffer quite a bit!

What are your levels without GFO? Im just curious :)

Edit:

I know you know this lol- its just I almost bleached my 'caps when I was running the reactor 24/7 and don't want anyone else to have that!

Really I don't test often, but when I do its generally not to bad I believe last one was.03. Really I plan on using a very small amount to kinda offset my heavy feeding as I do alot of it. And if I don't end up even needing it it's always a nice option to have incase. Carbon I will always run in some form. I was thinking just running a 1/8 of a cup to start as a prevention method in between water changes .

Sound like a good plan Mr singer?

pgrVll.

Now i've seen all the pics and videos.

Tank is looking real good man! and that sump seems to work great. Interresting to read about your skimmers to as i still haven't entierly decide which skimmer to use. I've taken a look at a few and so far the seaside ES5 looks real promissing, although kinda pricey with shipping/import charges to my country.

Skimz SN123 is another option and a little over half the price.

pgrVll.

Now i've seen all the pics and videos.

Tank is looking real good man! and that sump seems to work great. Interresting to read about your skimmers to as i still haven't entierly decide which skimmer to use. I've taken a look at a few and so far the seaside ES5 looks real promissing, although kinda pricey with shipping/import charges to my country.

Hey grusus thanks man! I really like my skimmer,it is always working good for me,and it's super quiet. Highly recommended on my end.

The sump is working well(knock on wood) I designed it out of the frustration in my nano cube 28 it was so difficult to get my hands back there. I kinda built this tank out of sheer frustration I had trying to mod everything on the cube. So one weekend afternoon I was like F it I'm building my own. The sump (ish) area is 6" wide so I have plenty of room for whatever I want. Kind of a middle finger to the small and frustrating limits of the cube lol.

Happy tank it looks like today!

These are actually older pics I just made them more like they appear in person :)

But yes tank mojo is strong today

Archived