Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Tweaker

pgrVII

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right?! It was almost dead when I got it. Now it's king shit of the tank.

I was looking through your photobucket...those crab chips look..interesting? :huh: Anyways. I'm loving the bubble coral, nice big centerpiece! What are your plans for the right rock work?

I was looking through your photobucket...those crab chips look..interesting? :huh: Anyways. I'm loving the bubble coral, nice big centerpiece! What are your plans for the right rock work?

Haha yea sending them to lawnbro . Utz is a huge chip company on the east coast,the factory is 2 mins from here,so it smells like french fries outside sometimes lol.

It's going to be all for sps coral,but honestly, I wanna let the current ones grow out so everyone has space.all of them have badass polyp extension especially on days I open the sliding glass doors blinds and bathe the tank in natural light for a couple hours on top of the nano box.

Haha yea sending them to lawnbro . Utz is a huge chip company on the east coast,the factory is 2 mins from here,so it smells like french fries outside sometimes lol.

It's going to be all for sps coral,but honestly, I wanna let the current ones grow out so everyone has space.all of them have badass polyp extension especially on days I open the sliding glass doors blinds and bathe the tank in natural light for a couple hours on top of the nano box.

They look kinda tasty. I'm not sure if I could handle it smelling like french fries outside, I like snacking too much as it is! Haha. Love the sps plan. I'm sure they enjoy the natural light as a special treat.

They look kinda tasty. I'm not sure if I could handle it smelling like french fries outside, I like snacking too much as it is! Haha. Love the sps plan. I'm sure they enjoy the natural light as a special treat.

Yes indeed they do. Or it seems lol.

The dogs are a pita when it smells like that out side. I know it's gonna be a long walk with them lol.

Yea they were all super extended today so figured I'd snap some good pics. The blue acro has awesome pink polyps when they open up.

Looking great! That torch top left looks really nice.

Yea that one's a champ I think I may have to move it though I believe it and the leather were having it out.

Darn coral warfare!

It's a bummer lol it doesn't happen to often luckily. I counted all my coral today and didn't realize I had started hoarding so much lol.

It's a bummer lol it doesn't happen to often luckily. I counted all my coral today and didn't realize I had started hoarding so much lol.

I hadn't had a problem with it until I discovered that I had accidentally scooted my mini scoly into my blasto. Half of one of the blasto heads was stuck to the scoly and ripped off when I pulled them apart. :( I don't think that coral hoarding is a problem! ;)

Send me that beast of a bubble. What kind of rock are you using? I love the texture of it.

You know I'm not sure it came from a large tank I broke down with some friends 150 or so gallons and I told them that I want ALL the rock I care to take. And the bubble coral was so bad off I wasn't sure what it was when I pulled it out of the tank really bad actually.

You know I'm not sure it came from a large tank I broke down with some friends 150 or so gallons and I told them that I want ALL the rock I care to take. And the bubble coral was so bad off I wasn't sure what it was when I pulled it out of the tank really bad actually.

It sure is looking great now though.

It sure is looking great now though.

Thanks! I've heard bubble coral is pretty well known to rebound like that so I was lucky I suppose haha.

Send me that beast of a bubble. What kind of rock are you using? I love the texture of it.

Now since I re-read a.message from Ben he called it pukani,at least the piece I gave him. Which is actually in some of the earlier pics of this current tank.

Hey grusus thanks man! I really like my skimmer,it is always working good for me,and it's super quiet. Highly recommended on my end.

The sump is working well(knock on wood) I designed it out of the frustration in my nano cube 28 it was so difficult to get my hands back there. I kinda built this tank out of sheer frustration I had trying to mod everything on the cube. So one weekend afternoon I was like F it I'm building my own. The sump (ish) area is 6" wide so I have plenty of room for whatever I want. Kind of a middle finger to the small and frustrating limits of the cube lol.

Skimmer searching is the worst for a beginner i think. Which one will i choose, well time will tell.

Yeah i understand you. In a aio tank(sump) i want cleaning to be easy, and i want to reach and check the equipment without any difficulty. 8-9" wide is what i will aim for too make my life easier.

So this acro has been exhibiting awesome PE extension the past 3 days,I'm really stoked,and it's retaining color too. The blue with pink tips rocks my socks. 20150712_102721_zps5zfpdaoa_edit_1436711

Skimmer searching is the worst for a beginner i think. Which one will i choose, well time will tell.

Yeah i understand you. In a aio tank(sump) i want cleaning to be easy, and i want to reach and check the equipment without any difficulty. 8-9" wide is what i will aim for too make my life easier.

Good call my friend

So the left side of the tank never quite looked "together to me,fixed that today,think it makes the rock work flow better to the eye.

20150712_174509_zps0icisvub_edit_1436738

20150712_174515_zpsq9prnawk_edit_1436738

20150712_174459_zps3m3dtcdg_edit_1436738

So,I've been having issues with something consistent for mechanical filtration, the intank basket was good but not designed for my tank so I think flow was hindered some. The filter sock worked well,but too well as expected at 200 micron, to much rinsing, so what did i do? Combined the nuvo sock and an intank shelf of course.

I cut the sock off to reuse the bracket since it fit really well,and used 4 black zip ties to secure the green shelf from my nano cube basket to hold intank floss!

20150712_201228_zpssvqwbitx.jpg

20150712_201754_zpsig6vflcy.jpg

20150712_214100_zpsybjsdetw.jpg

Archived