Top Shelf Aquatics

The Tweaker

pgrVII

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Samsung galaxy 5. Not super concerned with quality tbh,it's a cell phone don't really expect much from it.

I dunno sir, the Iphone 5 I'm using has less MP- I think you're slacking :P

I dunno sir, the Iphone 5 I'm using has less MP- I think you're slacking :P

Then look at pics on another thread thst are better. :)

So I've had this IM mid size 200 micron filter sock sitting in my truck still in the box for the past two weeks,was gonna return it,but for $10 I'm gonna put it on the tank and check out how well it works to polish.

HarryPotter

Should work well, I was looking for a way to implement a sock into my jbj 45 as well.

Two Three questions:

1. What was the glass cleaner tool that gets rid of those green spots?

2. What water level do you keep in the rear chambers? Picture?

3. What compartment are you considering a sock in, and what benefit does that provide over floss?

Should work well, I was looking for a way to implement a sock into my jbj 45 as well.

I'll let ya know how it works.

It's actually working pretty good so far,fit perfectly in front of the skimmer. Wretched you're gonna hate me but I think it maybe made the skimmer even kick it up a notch ;p

The filter sock is working good after checking it this morning, last night I added a piece of inTank filter floss to it also to help grab some bigger particles before the sock does,that seems to be also working well. Hooray polished water :)

Also was able to clear our some of the egg crate I was using to help support the media basket so it gets better flow through and looks just nicer.

post-79628-0-16414300-1436273430_thumb.jpg

Cleaned up first chamber,also did a tiny water change in lieu of siphoning out some collected waste from the filter area.

Nice man, I dig that sock. I need to find out how to do mine.

Yea man its working well between the floss and the sock combo. I think the socks come in a small size and the mid size like I have. Betcha it can fit in yours.

Nothing to big today,just did a 5 gallon water change. I've noticed an overall better exp.since doing water changes every 5 days. Everything just seems happier. Who would have thunk it? Haha.

HarryPotter

Nothing to big today,just did a 5 gallon water change. I've noticed an overall better exp.since doing water changes every 5 days. Everything just seems happier. Who would have thunk it? Haha.

I'm trying to do water changes more as well! Dosing is so complicated, but a 5 minute water change can bring everything back to the desired level :)

I'm trying to do water changes more as well! Dosing is so complicated, but a 5 minute water change can bring everything back to the desired level :)

What are you dosing with?

HarryPotter

What are you dosing with?

I'm just using a Jebao Doser with B-ionic. Tank needs about 12ml (each part) daily to keep up the Ca and Alk.

Ah very good. Yea I don't need to dose all that I just do 15 drops of Kent nano reef a&b and keeps things where I want. I've used it in all of my tanks with pretty good results. I don't have clams though,I do have a shit ton of coraline algae however.

HarryPotter

Ah very good. Yea I don't need to dose all that I just do 15 drops of Kent nano reef a&b and keeps things where I want. I've used it in all of my tanks with pretty good results. I don't have clams though,I do have a shit ton of coraline algae however.

I used to use Kent A&B nano, but it was not concentrated enough once my tank started sucking up the trace elements. B-Ionic is more concentrated and less expensive for me.

I do dose Mg by hand occasionally to keep it around 1350.

I used to use Kent A&B nano, but it was not concentrated enough once my tank started sucking up the trace elements. B-Ionic is more concentrated and less expensive for me.

I do dose Mg by hand occasionally to keep it around 1350.

I will most likely have to switch once the dozen or so sps I have start to establish and grow out,but for now it works. I may even go back to the prodibio line of additives, I like the results with that system when I was using it,just got busy and never bothered to get more.

Archived