SaltCritters.com

The Tweaker

pgrVII

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also spent the day organizing the wires around the tank,zip tied them and put a plastic split tube around them to make it look clean. Also mounted the blue fish on the wall.

Currently simulating Gold Coast seaway,Australia.

:)

HarryPotter

Man tank looks amazing! The video shows SOOOOO much more color than the pictures- thats amazing!

What do you have in the breeder box? Goodies?

Your AIO setup is awesome- SO CLEAN! Only recommendation would be to move the chemipure onto a media rack- just laying on the glass it won't do much

Edit:

What is the coral at 1:48? Its so fuzzy.... reminds me of a bear!

Man tank looks amazing! The video shows SOOOOO much more color than the pictures- thats amazing!

Your AIO setup is awesome- SO CLEAN! Only recommendation would be to move the chemipure onto a media rack- just laying on the glass it won't do much

Edit:

Haha oh you mean the chemi pure I orginally recommended you use as your filter media? ;p lol its cool there man how do you think water gets into the return? Once it's used up the brs will go in. Thanks man appreciate the nice compliments. Told ya my tank has lots going on haha :)

The breeder has two speckled green anemones.

Edit:

Orange Digitata :)

I call it the " fluffmeister"

A little update about the filter sock:

So,it's been in a few days,it's done a good job polishing the water,not much gets by it. As a prevention measure when I feed,I'll cut a piece of inTank floss to put I'm the top of the sock,kind of I'm the frame part,the floss keeps bigger pieces of food from getting embedded in the sock,smaller things are easily caught in the sock filter. I took it out this morning to rinse it,it was slightly discolored a light tea color,but no embedded foods etc. I rinsed it with hot water in the sink then cold,then in rodi and let it dry a bit,returned to the tank and it fit perfect. I think I will continue to use this with the floss insert dealie,and order 1 or two more.

Loved the video! I'm a big fan of your rock that you've got in there. On the far right, I like the caves underneath! :lol: Any pictures of little speckled nems for me? ;)

1436282793336_zpsowipt2wy_edit_143649584 It's cranky pants since I had to move it into the main display area to get some more light. But it takes food and opens for a few hours a day to about 1.5"

1436282793336_zpsowipt2wy_edit_143649584 It's cranky pants since I had to move it into the main display area to get some more light. But it takes food and opens for a few hours a day to about 1.5"

Awh! It is so tiny and cute!!! :wub: Love it!

Awh! It is so tiny and cute!!! :wub: Love it!

I feed it a formula one pellet once every 3 days and a pipette squirt of.my reef slurry when I feed the tank once or twice a week.

So it should be happy and big when it goes off to your tank. I'm ok at keeping. Nems :)

I feed it a formula one pellet once every 3 days and a pipette squirt of.my reef slurry when I feed the tank once or twice a week.

So it should be happy and big when it goes off to your tank. I'm ok at keeping. Nems :)

I can't say that I've had a chance to give it much of a shot. But I sure want to give it a try! :flower:

I can't say that I've had a chance to give it much of a shot. But I sure want to give it a try! :flower:

A wise man once told me," I don't get why people have trouble with bubbles tips,they're easier than z's&p's!"

You'll be fine :)

A wise man once told me," I don't get why people have trouble with bubbles tips,they're easier than z's&p's!"

Excellent! We will just have to make sure my light is strong enough to handle it when the time comes. It is a Fluval Sea, came with the tank. Or I could spotlight it with one of my Nanobox Tides! :haha:

thecoralbeauty

^ This. Only reason having two tanks doesn't drive me insane is because the NPS one is so specifically different maintenance/feeding wise I don't get mixed up or frustrated doing everything twice.

Use both of em and put everything in one tank ? :D

:o And tear down my picos? If I manage to get some trimma gobies or green bands, they'll disappear forever in the big tank. Plus, I'm an absolute sucker for tiny things. I may or may not have bought a porcelain crab last week because he was so itty bitty and adorable! B)

:lol:

^ This. Only reason having two tanks doesn't drive me insane is because the NPS one is so specifically different maintenance/feeding wise I don't get mixed up or frustrated doing everything twice.

I had three up for quite awhile. As long as I don't have to go back to spending 14+ hours each day including the weekends at the hospital, I don't mind tank maintenance. It gives me a chance to look over everything in the tank and make sure things are running smoothly.

Excellent! We will just have to make sure my light is strong enough to handle it when the time comes. It is a Fluval Sea, came with the tank. Or I could spotlight it with one of my Nanobox Tides! :haha:

A Tide will keep a BTA :)

Archived