Cultivated Reef

The Tweaker

pgrVII

Lol, I hate spending money but I love getting the goodies =). I'm big on the ultra light/light-medium tackle. I do a lot of float tubing so it's nice to be able to run with a 4'8 and be able to cast it where I need it. Depending on where i'm at, most the time my go to is a spoon from LipRipperz, works great. I'll jig a lot on the tube and drink beers all day. Haha. If i'm shore fishing, powerbait works best around here with a long leader... Lots of algae growth.

Oh yea with the damn algae (shits a pita in both my damn fish hobbies haha) I like ripping crank baits on my 7' st Croix MOJO bass I have a pinnacle deadbolt limited that's crazy fast 7:1 haha. Musky I run a heavy st Croix mojo musky with an Abu Garcia and 85 lb braid with a tyrant 130# fluorocarbon leader ;p usually big flat sticks or the bulldogs are popular especially with pike

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea you're packing some heat with those fish. My 'home lake' average rainbows are like 2lbs. You'll get some nice 3-4lbs. Some nice cats in the summer. Last year I caught a 7lb rainbow which was nice. When I was stationed in Louisiana, let me tell you... damn that fishing was great. Some gnarly cats there. Sportman's paradise :P

Yea you're packing some heat with those fish. My 'home lake' average rainbows are like 2lbs. You'll get some nice 3-4lbs. Some nice cats in the summer. Last year I caught a 7lb rainbow which was nice. When I was stationed in Louisiana, let me tell you... damn that fishing was great. Some gnarly cats there. Sportman's paradise :P

That's awesome man,I've always wanted to fish Louisiana. We have decent cats in the susquehanna river

Okay looks nice but we needs to work on photography sir. Iphone? Thats what I use

No Galaxy s5. My buddy is a diver so we are taking pictures with his go pro to take some underwater shots of the tank

No Galaxy s5. My buddy is a diver so we are taking pictures with his go pro to take some underwater shots of the tank

Did you get the hybrid yet?

Did you get the hybrid yet?

No I just got a duo,if I had more loot to drop I would've as I love t5s they fill in the gaps awesome,thst said my duo is a beast and love it, controllability is awesome and my tank hasn't looked better

Hm, ever since I installed these new MJ1200 return pumps into my tank i've been getting tons of microbubbles. I turned off my skimmer to see if that helps, no. Any ideas?

Hm, ever since I installed these new MJ1200 return pumps into my tank i've been getting tons of microbubbles. I turned off my skimmer to see if that helps, no. Any ideas?

Hmm that's interesting. The maxi jets are pretty reputable pumps. Is it connected tightly ? Maybe a quick vinegar dip to remove any oils perhaps? I would say floss to block the return some to catch out the bubbles but would be hard with it probably being a return line through a false wall,correct?

Could always get a sicce pump :P

HarryPotter

Hmm that's interesting. The maxi jets are pretty reputable pumps. Is it connected tightly ? Maybe a quick vinegar dip to remove any oils perhaps? I would say floss to block the return some to catch out the bubbles but would be hard with it probably being a return line through a false wall,correct?

Any SIcce pumps fit in a RL-45?

I have one Cobalt 1200 and one stock acella (my other Cobalt is being used on the freshwater), and need another.

HarryPotter

Yea my accellas from my old nano cube are about the same size as my sicce 1.5 should be ok I would think.

And whats the GPH gain?

I have 2000 from the MP40 and 600 from powerheads. However there are still sad dead spots :(

I have it connected how my other pumps were. Just a tubing from the pump, to the false wall; a 90 degree elbow.. I know each return gainged like ~30-40 gph. I've read that maybe it's too much flow in my "sump"?

And whats the GPH gain?

I have 2000 from the MP40 and 600 from powerheads. However there are still sad dead spots :(

266 from the accella and 375 from sicce,however I put a return at top and bottom of my false wall and this weekend I'm gonna put the accella back on the bottom for extra return. I also run an mp10 and a rw4 in the display.

I have it connected how my other pumps were. Just a tubing from the pump, to the false wall; a 90 degree elbow.. I know each return gainged like ~30-40 gph. I've read that maybe it's too much flow in my "sump"?

That could be possible maybe time to over kill with another skimmer haha?

266 from the accella and 375 from sicce,however I put a return at top and bottom of my false wall and this weekend I'm gonna put the accella back on the bottom for extra return. I also run an mp10 and a rw4 in the display.

That could be possible maybe time to over kill with another skimmer haha?

I'm bout ready to throw my skimmer out the window, it stopped skimming since yesterday. Might as well rum skimmer less because the POS doesn't produce without the green pad.

No I just got a duo,if I had more loot to drop I would've as I love t5s they fill in the gaps awesome,thst said my duo is a beast and love it, controllability is awesome and my tank hasn't looked better

How well does the duo cover the 40?

Ok with all my anger and bitterness aside.... I tested running just one return pump(right), no skimmer. Microbubbles reduced like 90%. Ran 1 return pump(right) and skimmer, same... not much microbubbles. They're there but barely noticeable. Running Both right and left return with skimmer, microbubbles. So after trouble shooting i've come to; A) too much flow with both pumps in my aio sump. Or B) left pump is getting air caught in it somehow.

Ok with all my anger and bitterness aside.... I tested running just one return pump(right), no skimmer. Microbubbles reduced like 90%. Ran 1 return pump(right) and skimmer, same... not much microbubbles. They're there but barely noticeable. Running Both right and left return with skimmer, microbubbles. So after trouble shooting i've come to; A) too much flow with both pumps in my aio sump. Or B) left pump is getting air caught in it somehow.

My money is on "B".

I think it may be the flow issue but the air could be a possibility for sure to. Just burp the line. For flow you could use the pulse duotone make the pumps run 10 seconds or whatever time you want apart from eachother.

How well does the duo cover the 40?

It covers it perfect however gotta remember my 40 is only 30" of display as I have the false wall dealie that trimmed off about 6"

Also Wretched make sure the return tubes are straight cause it would be harder to push a air bubble out with it bent,I know my jbj nano cube ones were wavy kinda and a pita.

I think it may be the flow issue but the air could be a possibility for sure to. Just burp the line. For flow you could use the pulse duotone make the pumps run 10 seconds or whatever time you want apart from eachother.

It covers it perfect however gotta remember my 40 is only 30" of display as I have the false wall dealie that trimmed off about 6" Also Wretched make sure the return tubes are straight cause it would be harder to push a air bubble out with it bent,I know my jbj nano cube ones were wavy kinda and a pita.

Oh, that's right....I was thinking the false wall ran the entire length. I like those NBs. Almost ordered one for the new cube...a hybrid. But, the wifey wanted a super clean mounting for the tank. No hanging shit from the ceiling was the stipulation.

How do you like the lime?

Ok so, I put back my old return on the left side hoping it'd fix the microbubbles, and it did not. Currently have one accella and one mj 1200, same issue. So that rules out the pump idea. Now we're down to too much flow, or somewhere in the tubing there's air getting inside. But how? The tubing connects to the pump, do I need to tighten that tubing down with some zip ties?

HarryPotter

Ok so, I put back my old return on the left side hoping it'd fix the microbubbles, and it did not. Currently have one accella and one mj 1200, same issue. So that rules out the pump idea. Now we're down to too much flow, or somewhere in the tubing there's air getting inside. But how? The tubing connects to the pump, do I need to tighten that tubing down with some zip ties?

I believe air is getting into the Loc-Line.

Archived