Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Tweaker

pgrVII

Just keep letting the foam build some head to it,may take a little while it'll get there. Maybe give it a slight slight tweak to close the holes by a hair.

Hm, i'm not really sure. It's foaming but not really reaching far into the neck... Here's a pic right now. What do you think?

6i9mix.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like a beautiful horse/cow. Frigging awesome picture my friend.

She has the kindest eyes man. And Ive had beagles lol

Yeah, her eyes melt hearts.

My dad used to raise beagles. They were hunting dogs. Lots of fun, but always noisy. Even when they were sleeping, they dreamed very loudly..lol

Yeah, her eyes melt hearts.

My dad used to raise beagles. They were hunting dogs. Lots of fun, but always noisy. Even when they were sleeping, they dreamed very loudly..lol

Our first one,Otis,was a hunting beagle. He was quite tall even for a second standard beagle. Had really awesome blue ticking around his neck and chest.

It was foaming GREAT yesterday after putting that pad in lol... If I close it more wont it produce less?

It will force the foam head up a little and once it starts to really establish a foam head cut er back down.

Oh so you want me to raise the level slightly?

Ever so slightly,if you can. It may help produce and establish a strong foam head or at least one that will start production for you just keep a close eye on it and dial back once it's chugging along to get a bit dryer skim. Mine will lose its head every once in a while,if I clean it or doing lots of arms in the tank stuff but straightens back out after a bit.

Ok, i'll raise it slightly and see. I haven't touched the tank at all since yesterday. The effects of the phosphate removal pad just wore off and now i'm back to square one lol. I've had a very hard time dialing this thing in without that pad. As you saw, I get dark skimmate when I run that pad... so I KNOW there's some gunk to be pulled out...

Wish I had pictures of my dad's beagles. They were neat dogs. A whole team of rabbit chasers. Katie, Fred, Ginger, Floyd, Spike and Boots. Tri-color and tan and white.

Wish I had pictures of my dad's beagles. They were neat dogs. A whole team of rabbit chasers. Katie, Fred, Ginger, Floyd, Spike and Boots. Tri-color and tan and white.

That's bad ass man gotta love a pack o dogs with a single mind

Yep, so much fun to watch them work. A friend of mine has a pack of sled dogs he races in the winter. That's cool to watch as well. Can't wait til the snow flies here again and I get to sit in the sled while they haul us around. :D

That's bad ass man gotta love a pack o dogs with a single mind

Yea... my previous TWO skimmers were both the tunze 9002 and that was way worse than this... this isn't even bad, if everything fails then i'll use the pad... The 9002 was imposssssible to get right, the best I ever got was a light tea. So I adjust it slightly and the foam is piling up a bit more... a little over half way.

9i93pt.jpg

I think i'll leave it here for now on... I don't mind running skim a little wet, my tank is heavily packed. The foam is nearing the top and bubbles are staying low forcing it up. Will post an update later :) We're going to conquer this!

See video... Don't mind the corals and dirty glass; lights just came on :)

Yes!!! This looks promising bro! Just keep it like that then dial back if need be. We got this man....toooooooootally.

Yep, so much fun to watch them work. A friend of mine has a pack of sled dogs he races in the winter. That's cool to watch as well. Can't wait til the snow flies here again and I get to sit in the sled while they haul us around. :D

That's awesome man and lots of fun to boot. We do a good bit of j7st walking in the woods looking for new fishing spots

Thanks man, can't take too much credit for it though. Only real DIY was siliconing it in lol

Still doesn't take away from its functionality and nice factor

Oh I'm the worst with aqua scap,I change crap around to much although this will probably stay.

Thanks man,my buddy cut it for me as he is way more talented than I as he's a carpenter so he was able to cut the tiny over flow teeth with a saw pretty good.

The sps are good. I turned my white lighting down a good bit and I get better polyp presentation now,they all open at night. In the next few weeks I plan on doing a big order of coral just gotta wait on a few things to line up so I can drop that kinda coin on livestock lol.

Here's an update on my skimmer, the liquid content inside cup is still the same as yesterday...but the neck is getting diirrrrty.. Leave it? Adjust it? Foam is built in the neck, but not seeming to slip over into cup...

9k88wk.jpg

Greatest news ever this month quite possibly year.

Thats one of my fav classic FF ever, awesome for them to do a remake.

Nice tank setup you have as well!

Thats one of my fav classic FF ever, awesome for them to do a remake.

Nice tank setup you have as well!

Yea it is I ALMOST named my Akita "Cloud " lol

Thanks mrreefer81 it's coming along. Lots of inspiration on this site.

Here's an update on my skimmer, the liquid content inside cup is still the same as yesterday...but the neck is getting diirrrrty.. Leave it? Adjust it? Foam is built in the neck, but not seeming to slip over into cup...

9k88wk.jpg

Yes it's building that dirt up so it assist the bubbles over its getting there bro!

Archived