SaltCritters.com

The Tweaker

pgrVII

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-79628-0-43268700-1434333587_thumb.jpg

Clearing out under steps to fit this guy for my rodi water,I'm really stoked about the tank lately lol.

post-79628-0-76952600-1434333650_thumb.jpgpost-79628-0-45215300-1434333672_thumb.jpg

Also,the skimmer continues on like a champ (knock on wood)

Never saw the hype with 7 but then again I never played it lol.

Fair enough however, consider this. I was a long time gamer from atari (when it was relevant mind you lol which may also apply to you) to ps3. But it got to a point where all the games felt the same anymore so I sold my ps3. Now after the E3 release last night I have done the following:

1 convinced the misses a ps4 is going to be a future purchase simply due to need for FFVII remake.

2. Informer my boss I will need 4 days off in the future to be determined pending a release date.

I mean do you think the VII part of my name is coincidence? ;p

Anyways my friend do yourself a favor and play the original,no the graphics haven't held but the story and game play does for sure.

Just ordered the IM filter sock that just came out,need some kind of filtration to strain the water and this actually seems to fit my overflow well. I'll post a review of it when its in.

Canceled my order for the new filter sock,but marine depot had Shipped it already they said they would help me with the return when I receive it.

Instead in the meantime, I ordered the intank floss holder for the IM nuvo and filter floss. Should went with my orginal plan for the intank product first.

Also been really liking the idea of the BRS mini reactor for carbon /gfo,and using the outlet pipe be the bottom return to the tank (currently plugged with a Hydor magnet). I have 2 accella pumps to run the reactor so this could work out well. Although may possibly be overkill if I plan on doing water changes of 5 gallons weekly. But I like to run chemical media to keep the water nice and clear and removal of soft coral pollutants. Hmmmmm decisions.

Pretty pumped about tomorrow, my rodi unit comes in as does my intank floss holder. Think I may even pull the trigger on the reactor and a 1 gallon of brs carbon.

I have the pls 50, and it's working ok... It seems you have yours submerged pretty deep... I'm like 4.5-5" from the skimmer pump to the bottom of acrylic. Can I see additional pictures or more information to help me out? Thanks!

I have the pls 50, and it's working ok... It seems you have yours submerged pretty deep... I'm like 4.5-5" from the skimmer pump to the bottom of acrylic. Can I see additional pictures or more information to help me out? Thanks!

Absolutely.

post-79628-0-62441900-1434757117_thumb.jpg

post-79628-0-89204600-1434757140_thumb.jpg

I keep the alignment holes almost all the way open at this depth I should note. And get a dark typically dry skim. It'll sometimes loose it's foam head for a few hours with evaporation and what not but I've had great success,great skimmer.

HarryPotter

attachicon.gif1434333545480.jpg

Clearing out under steps to fit this guy for my rodi water,I'm really stoked about the tank lately lol.

attachicon.gif1434333632646.jpgattachicon.gif1434333653621.jpg

Also,the skimmer continues on like a champ (knock on wood)

Really love my PLS-50 elite as well.

Im struggling to get drier/darker skimmate though- it keeps pulling out about 1/3 cup of dark tea colored skimate a day. Should I raise the skimmer or adjust the alignment holes?

Looks great man........ what's the eta on your light?

I think Dave said it'll ship the 24th. Thanks man! My best friend is a plumber so he hooked it up and made it look proper and clean.

Really love my PLS-50 elite as well.

Im struggling to get drier/darker skimmate though- it keeps pulling out about 1/3 cup of dark tea colored skimate a day. Should I raise the skimmer or adjust the alignment holes?

I have mine almost wide open and submerged pretty deep and that seems to work my pls like you read about.

The issue with my pls 50 is that I am getting like... dark-ish tea color... but once the neck gets dirty..(after like 2 days of skimming) it starts overflowing from a tiny film build up in the neck... so i'm always adjusting it... and when I clean it... it takes like 2 days to get back to skimming -_-

The issue with my pls 50 is that I am getting like... dark-ish tea color... but once the neck gets dirty..(after like 2 days of skimming) it starts overflowing from a tiny film build up in the neck... so i'm always adjusting it... and when I clean it... it takes like 2 days to get back to skimming -_-

How's your skimmer set? Open all the way?

Archived