inTank Media Baskets

The Tweaker

pgrVII

How's your skimmer set? Open all the way?

No, I just now tried adjusting it so I could open it all the way.... but I cant get it low enough to do that. I have to twist it slightly so it doesn't overflow.

I hope you don't mind me using your picture as a reference, but this is how far I can get my water line approx.

nntu28.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hows it going?

Good buddy! Just changed the water after letting it mix overnight. Also lawn,I have some leather coral I trimmed apart I can send ya if you want some softy action. I'm addicted to sps at the moment hahaa.

No, I just now tried adjusting it so I could open it all the way.... but I cant get it low enough to do that. I have to twist it slightly so it doesn't overflow. I hope you don't mind me using your picture as a reference, but this is how far I can get my water line approx.

nntu28.jpg

No I don't mind at all :) hmmm I actually just took out all the egg crate it was on and used an in Tank floss holder to prop my skimmer up lol. Yea mine likes to be deep to work right,dunno why

Thanks for the info. I have left my skimmer at that point and it's still not skimming but i'll give it a few days, and hopefully it'll start. It's not creating foam. It's bubbling, but no foam production.

Thanks for the info. I have left my skimmer at that point and it's still not skimming but i'll give it a few days, and hopefully it'll start. It's not creating foam. It's bubbling, but no foam production.

Yea man,no problem. Hope it finally dials in for you.

Here's what I am at;

qx09bq.jpg

I put it there last night, and it remained there. The cup is filling up with water from the bubbles bursting and dripping from the collection cup cover. It'll bubble, but no foam. Is it because I adjusted it and takes time to dial in? Blah!

Yea probably,mine takes a day or so to break back in when its clean like that too.

Here's what I am at;

qx09bq.jpg

I put it there last night, and it remained there. The cup is filling up with water from the bubbles bursting and dripping from the collection cup cover. It'll bubble, but no foam. Is it because I adjusted it and takes time to dial in? Blah!

My water line is about half way up the Cad Lights sticker on the front of the skimmer if that helps.

Ok, cool.... I've had it running for close to 2 months now... and I'm always having to adjust because when it gets the slightest dirty; the water level raises... I don't know, it's frustrating! Thanks for the help though!

Ok, cool.... I've had it running for close to 2 months now... and I'm always having to adjust because when it gets the slightest dirty; the water level raises... I don't know, it's frustrating! Thanks for the help though!

Yea man I hope it finally settles in for you sorry I wasn't more help.

Good buddy! Just changed the water after letting it mix overnight. Also lawn,I have some leather coral I trimmed apart I can send ya if you want some softy action. I'm addicted to sps at the moment hahaa.

No I don't mind at all :) hmmm I actually just took out all the egg crate it was on and used an in Tank floss holder to prop my skimmer up lol. Yea mine likes to be deep to work right,dunno why

I appreciate it but no more softies for me. My buddy keeps trying to give ma a big nasty nepthea leather :lol:

I appreciate it but no more softies for me. My buddy keeps trying to give ma a big nasty nepthea leather :lol:

Lol no doubt man just figured I'd offer since you've helped me out before. My friggin torch coral I bought 3 or so months ago is getting g big,it grew another head and each of those look like they're about to split off

post-79628-0-76444800-1434932507_thumb.jpgpost-79628-0-41891600-1434932573_thumb.jpg

Cleared out a lot of the egg crate and used my intank floss holder that wouldn't fit and I broke it :P lol so I turned it upside down to put the skimmer on,cad lights wanted about 30 for a new bracket for the skimmer (broke the same way I broke the intank basket lol) And I was like hell no I only paid 65 for the skimmer. No paying half of the cost for a piece of plastic,spent 9 at intank and viola it worked out awesome. Way to go StevieT.

HarryPotter

The trick for this skimmer is to NOT clean the cup out. Just dump out the skimate and put it back on, or give it a light rinse under water. If you make it sparkling clean it'll take a while to get going again

The trick for this skimmer is to NOT clean the cup out. Just dump out the skimate and put it back on, or give it a light rinse under water. If you make it sparkling clean it'll take a while to get going again

Yea mine will act up for no more than a day after I clean it. No big deal,I like to scrub mine out monthly.

Oh snap! Forgot to add, Dave is adding an additional channel for me on the light! So I'll have 3 channels and a separate moonlight channel! So stoked.

post-79628-0-55166000-1434944183_thumb.jpg

Polyps be out. Never could figure out the green and red deal with the pocillipora. Was red when I bought it then switched to partially green too.

post-79628-0-65053000-1434944324_thumb.jpg

I do this, but a dark film builds up inside the cup... and the water level rises which overflows. It's odd. Im on nearing 24 hours with the adjustment to my level, and its still sitting at the same level as my previous picture post.

I do this, but a dark film builds up inside the cup... and the water level rises which overflows. It's odd. Im on nearing 24 hours with the adjustment to my level, and its still sitting at the same level as my previous picture post.

That's really strange my friend. Just let it sit like it to build a good head of foam,it very well may take a day or two,skimmers all seem to have their own personalities.

I'll keep you guys posted. Skimmer cup is still filling up w/ water(SLIGHT tea tint to it). When I add this phosphate pad

: http://www.amazon.com/Acurel-LLC-Phosphate-Reducing-10-Inch/dp/B004MNKP1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434944769&sr=8-1&keywords=phosphate+reducing+pad

it will start to skim great! but I have a feeling I screw up the skimmer and it's break in.. because when I don't run it, im back to my issue at hand now...

I'll keep you guys posted. Skimmer cup is still filling up w/ water(SLIGHT tea tint to it). When I add this phosphate pad

: http://www.amazon.com/Acurel-LLC-Phosphate-Reducing-10-Inch/dp/B004MNKP1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434944769&sr=8-1&keywords=phosphate+reducing+pad

it will start to skim great! but I have a feeling I screw up the skimmer and it's break in.. because when I don't run it, im back to my issue at hand now...

It prob wont screw it up,where are you putting the pad in relation to the skimmer to help it get the desired skim?

Also...is your profile pic one of you sir?

Crap...just spent an hour at cultivated reef. But I think im going to do a 3 pack of sps 3 pack of zoas and a single sps frag so I can get the over 150 discount.

Cultivated reef is a great place. My Rainbow Acro is from them, as well as the Red Robin and from way back in 2012 my red cap and a couple of acans.

Cultivated reef is a great place. My Rainbow Acro is from them, as well as the Red Robin and from way back in 2012 my red cap and a couple of acans.

I was thinking of your tank when I was looking there last night my friend and Kats tank. Def gonna put an order in soon. Love the selection there and prices to boot.

Also dave is putting blue and cyan on the extra channel for me! Super stoked about my nano box.

post-79628-0-60759800-1434989893_thumb.jpg

Natural sunlight shot.

post-79628-0-92982500-1434989936_thumb.jpg

Natural sun and lights on.

post-79628-0-99390200-1434989977_thumb.jpg

Update on new Cyphastrea frag

post-79628-0-95806400-1434990024_thumb.jpg

One of few anemone pics without the clowns harassing it.

Archived