SaltCritters.com

Mangrove Forest-time to say goodbye

Giga

Yay cardinals and viv plants

I love this tank, the viv is impressive and I really want one but getting a tank is priority

New page after my post that means pictures

tonight!

I vote we also get to see your harvested trees.

I can do that

That tank is just so sick !! What an idea, what a great job !!

Thank you so much!

I love the natural look of this tank, it's truly what makes it so special.

I have to agree B)

• Like 1

My inlaws were in town so I couldn't get get any pics of my new bonsai as it's to dark now-so I'll try tomorrow but here are a couple tank pics

As you can see in no time I will get a nice carpet of green! It does start to grow over itself so once a week I take my long trimming scissors and trim it down to the right height-much like a planted tank

1j1i.jpg

my sps are growing like mad as this was just three little nubs I fragged-now it's encrusting fast. Granted poop brown but now that I'm adding corals I'll start working on getting color.

c6fx6.jpg

same sps as above, it covered the frag plug and then some. Mounted it to a root to see what will happen

hmoo.jpg

New growth is always has a red tint for me

y22z.jpg

I also have my button wood and I'll be ordering my leds for it in the next day or two so cool things on the way!

• Like 12

Wait you already have massive lighting.. More of a plant based spectrum ? Won't that cause algea?

I suspect that the seagrass will consume most of the nutrients; maybe to the point of wanting to dose nitrate (and possibly even phosphate). It will be interesting to see if Giga can balance (over the long-term) the nutrient demands of these diverse plants and animals. It's very interesting to be following along.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

WOW on a root? Holy cow! looks good! I remember when you were designing the light.

I remember when this was in the making.

Bravo! That is really cool. I love the room and the look you created in there.

• Like 1

Ooooh, pretty.

Thank you

Wait you already have massive lighting.. More of a plant based spectrum ? Won't that cause algea?

I suspect that the seagrass will consume most of the nutrients; maybe to the point of wanting to dose nitrate (and possibly even phosphate). It will be interesting to see if Giga can balance (over the long-term) the nutrient demands of these diverse plants and animals. It's very interesting to be following along.

Seabass is correct in the fact that the mangroves and grass are consuming most of the excess nutrients, I plan on adding some fish tomorrow or the next.The larger bio load will help with that as well as feeding a lot and dosing. Should be interesting as things progress

I like what you've done here.

Thank you and more to come!

WOW on a root? Holy cow! looks good! I remember when you were designing the light.

Yeah this is my longest thread ever :)

Questions :You started your mangroves in dirt correct??

Don't they need to be started (getting roots to spring from the pods) in saltwater if being out in saltwater? If started in freshwater and moved to saltwater won't they die ?? Thanks !!

• Like 1

Questions :You started your mangroves in dirt correct?? Don't they need to be started (getting roots to spring from the pods) in saltwater if being out in saltwater? If started in freshwater and moved to saltwater won't they die ?? Thanks !!

read my guide it covers this

Hey where do you suggest to buy mangroves online?

I think there are a few places online and ebay has tons of them

• Like 1

I started working on my button wood(conocarpus erectus) and thought you'd like to see hows it going. About halfway there

g8mt.jpg

ma3ol.jpg
7cude.jpg

also have another red mangrove that might make it's own tank or add it to this one

3ggx.jpg

• Like 7
Cameron6796

Wait did you abandon or put the black lagoon on a back burner.

Also I say you make a small tank for that mangrove, a bonsai mangrove by the looks of it lol.

Also you mentioned plants in the viv soon?

Oh almost forgot button wood looks nice

Ps when I saw erectus i though seahorses don't scare us like that

• Like 1

Wait did you abandon or put the black lagoon on a back burner.

Also I say you make a small tank for that mangrove, a bonsai mangrove by the looks of it lol.

Also you mentioned plants in the viv soon?

Oh almost forgot button wood looks nice

Ps when I saw erectus i though seahorses don't scare us like that

no the black lagoon is still setup I just haven't worked on it much and am in debate with what I want from it.

Yeah looks like there lots of erectus out there lol

on a side now I think I'ma create a thread just for bonsai's as I have 30+ pics from yesterday on all my bonsai and instead of posting it here create it own thread. Though I'm not sure where to start it-any ideas all?

on a side now I think I'ma create a thread just for bonsai's as I have 30+ pics from yesterday on all my bonsai and instead of posting it here create it own thread. Though I'm not sure where to start it-any ideas all?

I suppose that the proper place would be the Lounge; however, I might be hesitant to post it there.

I'd start a Bonsai Photography thread in the Photography Discussion forum and keep it mostly about the pictures. Then you can post a link to it in your signature. The photography geeks will probably be more welcoming, but you could always take your chances in the Lounge.

• Like 1

I suppose that the proper place would be the Lounge; however, I might be hesitant to post it there.

I'd start a Bonsai Photography thread in the photography forum and keep it mostly about the pictures. Then you can post a link to it in your signature. The photography geeks will probably be more welcoming, but you could always take your chances in the Lounge.

I thought that too, but I'd figure I'd work on the bonsai too and show what I do as I work on them, so people can take a peek into that world and keep this thread about the tank

That emerald probably thinks he is in heaven.

Considering he has no competition, I think he grow big n strong lol

Came here for an erectus and I see nothinggggg <_<

We can meet in the lounge and set something up :P

• Like 2