ReefCleaners.org

Mangrove Forest-time to say goodbye

Giga

nah, might be the first contest you've won but you sure are one over us and won us over with this incredible set-up.

:) :) :) :) :)

Amphiprion1

Wow, very nice setup. It's an adeptly executed balance of both an artistic and naturalistic approach. I really like it. Do you plan on either adding more mangrove specimens or allowing the density to increase a bit?

Also, that interesting species of Caulerpa caught my attention. From the initial pic, I thought you had a thriving little stand of Halophila seagrass. It really achieves the look of seagrass without a lot of the fuss. Honestly, the only advantage of seagrass I can think of (in terms of what it seems like you want to achieve) is that you could maintain the water column macronutrients at a lower level compared to the Caulerpa once the grass is established. Either way, well done.

• Like 1

Wow, very nice setup. It's an adeptly executed balance of both an artistic and naturalistic approach. I really like it. Do you plan on either adding more mangrove specimens or allowing the density to increase a bit?

Also, that interesting species of Caulerpa caught my attention. From the initial pic, I thought you had a thriving little stand of Halophila seagrass. It really achieves the look of seagrass without a lot of the fuss. Honestly, the only advantage of seagrass I can think of (in terms of what it seems like you want to achieve) is that you could maintain the water column macronutrients at a lower level compared to the Caulerpa once the grass is established. Either way, well done.

I'll be adding my button wood to this and down the road I might add grass but I do like the caulerpa. we shall see.

And I do believe the word is Holy *&^%

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/Veritas21885/media/20140515_201711_zps0bfc0dda.jpg.html'>20140515_201711_zps0bfc0dda.jpg

• Like 8

Say your tank on BRS email for DIY, congrats I do like how your drop off tank is looking as well. Very unique look to both of them.

• Like 1
Wow. Very light. Much lumens. So Vero.

:D

Two are for the buttonwood light and the rest are for the drop off, but indeed it's like 22000 lumens right there lol

Say your tank on BRS email for DIY, congrats I do like how your drop off tank is looking as well. Very unique look to both of them.

Thank you!

patrickbruno91

Two are for the buttonwood light and the rest are for the drop off, but indeed it's like 22000 lumens right there lol

That is almost as many lumens on my truck LED light bar that lights up the whole neighborhood.

• Like 2

That is almost as many lumens on my truck LED light bar that lights up the whole neighborhood.

I'm addicted to power ;)

Congrats on the BRS win !

Congrats buddy you totally deserve it!

Thanks!

spoils of that win-only thing is that on the mp controler there is a W on it does that mean I actually got the wireless version?

20140517_172902_zpsd078a68d.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats!!

I was just showing your tank thread to my hubby yesterday. He was ooing and awwing over the bonsi trees at a botanical garden saying he would love to try to do some bonsi trees. Your tank is the best of both worlds!

Thanks!

spoils of that win-only thing is that on the mp controler there is a W on it does that mean I actually got the wireless version?

Sadly.. no :( They all have W's but the wireless W lights up I believe.

• Like 1

Congrats!!

I was just showing your tank thread to my hubby yesterday. He was ooing and awwing over the bonsi trees at a botanical garden saying he would love to try to do some bonsi trees. Your tank is the best of both worlds!

Sadly.. no :( They all have W's but the wireless W lights up I believe.

LOl......doh