ReefCleaners.org

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

Kat, what will you do with all those pretty zoas when one starts taking over that small area? You should spear those bad boys out before you start to lose some of your different morphs.

I frag them as they get crowded. I'm not very confident of fragging polyps so only do it out of necessity.

I frag them as they get crowded. I'm not very confident of fragging polyps so only do it out of necessity.

Oh it will be the way things look to be growing in your tank. Send this frags my way ( ;

• Like 1
Reefhead815

Ive seen those around, and most regard them as standard quality zoas, but damn it...i love them. Especially when they grow in.

Yeah these zoas are money. This rock has several different type of them on it. Ones with a nice red skirt hope they populate the whole rock. Ill send u a frag. Haha

Yeah these zoas are money. This rock has several different type of them on it. Ones with a nice red skirt hope they populate the whole rock. Ill send u a frag. Haha

I didnt even notice the ones with red, even better!

If you really want them to take off and not worry about being smothered i would frag it off. Its in a poor position to grow.

Reefhead815

If you really want them to take off and not worry about being smothered i would frag it off. Its in a poor position to grow.

Yeah I want them to take over whole rock. They are only really on one side of the rock. Other side has random skirt only.

Get a razorblade out, gouge out the rock under the mat of that one polyp and either plop it down on top of that rock with the bare spot or put it in another full light position with good flow. It will take off!

Standard assumptions aside (its been in your tank, and adjusted/happy for a few weeks, there are no actively closed polyps indicating somethings wrong with the colony, etc...).

Reefhead815

Nice work. What are you using to get those? How much crop?

i just threw on a macro on the iphone 5 and took a few shots. original photos no edits

Nice work. What are you using to get those? How much crop?

i just threw on a macro on the iphone 5 and took a few shots. original photos no edits

That damn Iphone camera, I swear. Good stuff.

I think these are some bad *** red rainbows. Check out how that blood red center has a metallic ring.

RedRainbow1_zps785cd604.jpg

Indeed, nice colors. Are they yours? How do they look under actinics?

I see a lot of people who should be trading with me :) Gonna post some pics soon!

I know this feeling well :D

buddythelion

Indeed, nice colors. Are they yours? How do they look under actinics?

Indeed they are. They look bad *** under actinics.

buddythelion

Is it your Blue Agave morph under led?

I'm not sure. What happened was that these are either blue agaves or red halos. Wasn't so much as morphing; I had them as a closed up polyp for months since I've always had a bit of trouble with the hawaiian morphs earlier, but they're doing well now. So the pattern is consistent on all three polyps, being mostly white and the two red dots. It's been about 2-3 months since they've opened, so I'm still waiting to see what they are.

Here's a zoa that I thought that was really nice but the LFS owner thought he was better than Tyree/Jason Fox and asked like $200-$300 per polyp. Sadly, I think he killed them off (plus, he didn't sell any) so they're just a legend. It's a shame, that zoa was a stunner...

tfpalys_zps51ac843d.jpg

• Like 1