Coral Vue Hydros

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

EarthEaterBob

Anyone got an (id)ea here? The pink ones...

pink-speckles-crop_zps966db7e4.jpg

Pink Haze or Pink Fairy? I remember seeing a Zoa exactly like it, but cant put my finger on the name.

im trying to get my zoas to open up again, i had treated with aptaisa x about a month ago, and they havent opened up fully since, one or two head opened about 75% once, but thats it, all that seams to happen is they open just enough too see a little bit of their mouth, but nothing more, any tips? im getting to the point were i dont think i have proper conditions

Double check parameters, and if in doubt have someone else do some tests as well to rule out a bad test kit.

If all checks out, then they are probably just in the process of healing up. I just went through something similiar, i think my oxygen levels dropped and i nuked my sps and pissed off most of the zoas/palys for 2 weeks....they didnt open once for that whole time.

My first post into the zoa and paly club

Nuvo 8

Kessil A150W Ocean Blue

My corals: euphylia garden, zoanthids and palys!

What I know have, feel free to identify what I dont!

Candy apple red paly - theres a blue and pink guy behind I don't have any great shots but an ID would be great! Ill take some better pictures soon...

dscn0180e.jpg

dscn0279.JPG

dscn0193bq.jpg

Eagle Eyes Zoa - ID needed on the green zoas to the left and same pink/blue/ pictured to the right

My favorite picture

dscn0181f.jpg

dscn0183.JPG

Armor of Gods Paly

dscn0189l.jpg

my tank

dscn0213uw.jpg

Picked up some awesome zoas today when they open will post some pics and need some IDs!!! I was told one of them is dragon's breath but we'll see and the other is just straight up orange skirt beautiful with some blue but will post tomorrow hopefully

thanks!

• Like 3

8572466970_ee46abd469_b.jpg
Daytrippers and Miami Vice by got2envy, on Flickr

8571377877_6e879b045f_b.jpg
Two faced palys by got2envy, on Flickr

8571376747_a91b2d4f05_b.jpg
P6030027 by got2envy, on Flickr

8572471314_0c1945f49d_b.jpg
Chuckys bride by got2envy, on Flickr

8571376181_45df389a0b_b.jpg
Sunny D's by got2envy, on Flickr

8572471862_836ec9dd0d_b.jpg
Green Plasmas by got2envy, on Flickr

8572471612_5151bed539_b.jpg
African Queens by got2envy, on Flickr

8572599594_fc4d2a7fef_b.jpg
Miami Vice by got2envy, on Flickr

8571371251_440366f336_b.jpg
Rastas by got2envy, on Flickr

8571374271_b9c424d063_b.jpg
right side by got2envy, on Flickr

:)

• Like 4

I'm going to need a frag of these!

Chrissy - seriously... what are these? Absolutely spectacular!

Heh, I recently picked up a 5-6 polyp chunk of the pink ring-green center-purple skirted palys in your first pic as a $10 frag at one of my favorite local stores. Guy cut it off a larger colony just for the asking (since the mat wasn't connected to any other polyps) & sold as a "pink paly mini colony" but colored up incredibly under better lighting!

Funny thing is that said store claims to intentionally have their corals under such neutral LED lighting so as to promote as much growth as reasonably possible while minimizing the number of people getting upset about things not looking as good as it did in the store. One of the reasons I like 'em so much... even the bulls!t is customer friendly. ;)

CB Solid Gold in the center

005.jpg

Utter Chaos

33880cdd-eb2d-4d83-9698-e2d9e0aa2645.jpg

CB Rainbow Infusion

7b05b7fc-38b7-41da-8f95-b7e16db4b73e.jpg

CB God of War

b85ef8fa-8405-49ce-8231-f42d485580da.jpg

Sunny D's

175.jpg

Blue Kisses, Rastas, Black Hole Sun hornets, other deepwater morphs

176.jpg

• Like 1
I really like those green with the gold spot in the center!

Thanks, I like those too. Picked them up on the cheap since they're a no namer as far as I know.

so i got more frags of zoas, it seams my problem was the aptaisa, oh well i got 2 kinds, one looks like radioactive dragon eyes, and the other looks like reverse fruit loops

Any advice on growing zoas???

*Usually* Lots of light, water flow and patience. I just removed some frags from my frag tank last night that had been in there 2 weeks, and they were already growing new polyps onto some substrate. I was kind of surprised myself, i didnt expect to see that in only 2 weeks.

I say usually though because, there are some Z's and P's that are more picky. Protopalys (nuke greens, purple deaths, captain americas) for one, seems to like lower light levels than regular palys (gobstoppers, AOGs, Sonny D's). While certain zoas melt if not kept in higher flow, some wont fully extend/grow if the flow is too high.

Thats been my experience. If the polyp is open fully and its like the most of the time, then you have done 90% of the work to make it grow. Some feed them as well, but ive had very little luck increasing growth rates via feedings. My $0.02 on feedings, is that it raises overall nutrients levels...which is where most Z's and P's flourish.

Here is my "payment" from a new gig i got....notice the 60+ RPE's in the foreground! I got 5 colonies of this size. Bad pic, no time for tripod or custom settings last night :(

C-5_zps16856372.jpg