SaltCritters.com

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

That's a neat morph! So close to looking like My Clementines, but a quick google search showed me that Clementines have an all orange skirt rather than having that band like his do. Still, a great looking morph.

Hey buddy, do you have any pictures of yours?

I tried "My Clementines zoas" on google and could not tell the difference.

Hey buddy, do you have any pictures of yours?

I tried "My Clementines zoas" on google and could not tell the difference.

A local had these for sale 2 months ago. These are what i know ha my clementines.

IMG_0192_zps511ba765.jpg

• Like 1

lavas.jpg

See the skirts on yours? They're not 100% orange, it's more like half of the skirt is orange while the bottom half is the same color as the base.

Not my photo, but here are My Clementines:

clementines.jpg

See how the skirt is all orange? Or you know, maybe I'm just over looking things. But the pic of your frag doesn't look like the typical My Clementine. The colony that they came are closer looking though, how odd.

Guess the easiest way to find out is to get a My Clementine and see for yourself if they're the same or not!

lavas.jpg

See the skirts on yours? They're not 100% orange, it's more like half of the skirt is orange while the bottom half is the same color as the base.

Not my photo, but here are My Clementines:

clementines.jpg

See how the skirt is all orange? Or you know, maybe I'm just over looking things. But the pic of your frag doesn't look like the typical My Clementine. The colony that they came are closer looking though, how odd.

Guess the easiest way to find out is to get a My Clementine and see for yourself if they're the same or not!

Yes, I noticed the skirts. The 2nd photo doesn't look 100% full also, but the stripe marks on the skirts are similar. Any one have a photo of it under regular daylight? I find, a lot of photos on the net are typically under actinic or heavier on the blue side. But, you're right the best way is to see it for myself in person.

All the zoas/palys, or just some of the zoas/palys are shifting colors?

Just some of the zoas. Some have very long "necks" even when they are as close to the light as they can.

I have a Aqua Illumination Nano over my Aqua Medic Blenny.

The fixture is about 20 cm above the water.

This thread is killing me...

I just joined the reefing world a couple months ago & started a Spec & Spec V reef. I really like Palys & Zoas. I have 3 tiny colonies of Zoas and 1 Paly colony in my 2 gal Spec, and there presently aren't any in my Spec V. That may change later today, as I'm going to pick up a little Rainford's Goby to go in my Spec V and just might accidentally buy a colony or two of Zoas if I can get them for a good price.

It's killing me to not spend ALL my $$$ on premium Zoas for my Spec V. I've been trying to get by on minimal investment. I have bare live rock in my Spec V just begging for some Zoa action ! I have yet to see anything like these completely awesome Zoas or Palys at my LFS.

If anyone can direct me towards some good deals for a few really cool polyps please DM me. Thanks

I try to stay away from the designer stuff and look for zoas that look good to me. You don't have to spend 20 bucks a polyp to get great looking zoas.

• Like 2

I get most of mine as unlabeled accidents from local stores. More fun that way.

I try to stay away from the designer stuff and look for zoas that look good to me. You don't have to spend 20 bucks a polyp to get great looking zoas.

Its WAY more fun finding zoas and palys that are $10 for 6 polyps that look identical to something that $10/pp. Of course, its only fun if you live near a LFS...i work 4 miles from one, so its easy for me to check in often.

• Like 1

Its WAY more fun finding zoas and palys that are $10 for 6 polyps that look identical to something that $10/pp. Of course, its only fun if you live near a LFS...i work 4 miles from one, so its easy for me to check in often.

Agreed. I got this one at the reef farm, which is just a greenhouse with natural lighting. It's quite a trip to get out there, but I'm definitely going back soon.

Since there is no actinic lighting so I had no idea what I was getting. It's quickly becoming my favorite and it was only 10 bucks!

20130228-DSC_0297_zpseb91a2c0.jpg

• Like 3

I picked up this rock today.

I've been eyeing this rock for almost two months at my LFS. I finally pulled the trigger and bought them.

859128_4906424853466_1444021309_o.jpg

Starting to open up after drip acclimating them. They have kind of a gray mouth, and pink rings with more of a gray skirt. The small opening just above the open polyp has a neat little fan popping in and out of that hole grabbing particles floating by. Cool as heck to see that thing.

Spotted a Nudibranch in my zoas... top right corner next to the big fat closed polyp.859662_4906603697937_1661899817_o.jpg

• Like 1
buddythelion

Yes, I noticed the skirts. The 2nd photo doesn't look 100% full also, but the stripe marks on the skirts are similar. Any one have a photo of it under regular daylight? I find, a lot of photos on the net are typically under actinic or heavier on the blue side. But, you're right the best way is to see it for myself in person.

I think I found yours on goldenbasket. They look the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Live-Coral-2-Heads-Exotic-Vulcans-Moon-Zoanthid-Polyp-/350727082842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a8f6935a

Nice! I wonder if they will shift in color towards a brown, or darken into a green or stay yellow. they look freshly imported.

Really nice! Good deal!

You were right, they are definitely changing color to a tannish greenish, and the whole rock is almost covered already. The smaller ones are still bright yellow, but the bigger ones are getting darker. At the LFS, they were high up under LEDs and I have them at the bottom under T5s.

My subscription must have run out, i usually get them a month before the press date. I have not seen that article! Looks good...

Witch issue I dont see any article ??
buddythelion

Any of you have experience with Zoanthus and Favites together? will Favites burn Zoa?

I know Favias have sweepers and can be aggressive, but I'm not sure how they would react to zoas. You'll know something's up if the zoa stays closed around the favia.