SaltCritters.com

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

Ive been busy working on my collection the last month or so. Im trying to get cool looking stuff, thats cheap and looks good. AMIDOINITRIGHT?

CRW_0966CRW_zpsaad03d96.jpg

CRW_0968CRW_zps7010d568.jpg

CRW_0977CRW_zps9e1d1878.jpg

CRW_1002CRW_zpsef21d3c9.jpg

Im VERY Excited about these. Im hoping i fragged them gently enough that they come back around without a problem. They were fragged a few hours before this pic.

CRW_0999_zps41f832f9.jpg

This was traded to me for xenia/cabbage leather/grape calerpa and some liverock with a few shrooms. Dead serious.

CRW_0971CRW_zpsb1e6fa4a.jpg

Ok i bought these, couldnt help myself...

CRW_0973CRW_zps968757a8.jpg

These were all off from $10-$20 frags of cheap green/red zoas at LFS. I pop the good stuff off then sell the frags for $5-$15 making these either free or almost free. Takes some time to move the green/red zoas, but for free stuff like this..i can be patient.

• Like 2

Hey guys, im lookin for an ID on this zoa i picked up today. Im not too good with names.

IMG_3391_zps1b4dd7bf.jpg

Some people call it a Sponge Bob I believe?

Whats the name of this sick Zoa?

post-78482-0-57803600-1367131394_thumb.jpg

Indeed :D

edit: Hey Mike C. i was just looking through your frags on the site and i seen "white elephant Palys":

http://www.myfrags.com/collections/zoas-palys/products/myfrags-electric-lunars-white-elephant-palys

They look a lot like what i posted above:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/jgs240/CRW_1002CRW_zpsef21d3c9.jpg

Think they are similar enough to be the same?

They look pretty similar, if yours have lines going through the center, than most likely. These have a white/grey skirt and almost purple center with the white/grey lines / splatter. They are pretty cool.

BEAUTIFUL! What are the first ones?

First and Second Picture: MyFrags Atomic Watermelon Palys

Third Picture: MyFrags LSD Palys

Fourth Picture: MyFrags Mixed Palys - Seductions, Agaves, Pink Rorschach, Hawaiian Greens, Mollies

Fifth Picture: MyFrags Green Agaves

Im going to be using overdriven T5's on my grow out tank, but id like to make a small 18-20" LED strip light i could use for actinics/photographing.

The easy answer would be to use 8-10 three watt cree royal blues on a slim piece of aluminum bar stock.

But....

What about adding in 2-3 other diode colors to help bring out some real good colors. Like 1-2 hyper violet and 1 red? Using a shorter heatsink, but wider to make it like a spot light that i could move around the tank. Putting all the led's in a circle or X pattern? Just thinking out loud.

The T5's will be all Blue+ bulbs.

• Like 1

I run all the LEDs on 100% to take pictures, the full spectrum *helps* bring out all the colors, even for me who sucks at taking pictures.

Im going to be using overdriven T5's on my grow out tank, but id like to make a small 18-20" LED strip light i could use for actinics/photographing.

The easy answer would be to use 8-10 three watt cree royal blues on a slim piece of aluminum bar stock.

But....

What about adding in 2-3 other diode colors to help bring out some real good colors. Like 1-2 hyper violet and 1 red? Using a shorter heatsink, but wider to make it like a spot light that i could move around the tank. Putting all the led's in a circle or X pattern? Just thinking out loud.

The T5's will be all Blue+ bulbs.

buddythelion

DC Blues
blues_zpse999792d.jpg

Unknown Gold w/ purple skirt paly. Started with one polyp, been a good grower. I'm thinking it keeps the gold like the babies in less lighting.
goldmorph_zps690ae9eb.jpg

PZ Adam Bombs (Thanks Ryan, it's been a good grower):
PZAdamBomb_zps398bebbd.jpg

Now that they've established themselves I'm pretty sure they are Donatelles.
donatelle_zps1c6239d4.jpg

Started off as 4 polyps for a buddy, and look how fast it grew!
pinkhall_zps6438f055.jpg

I got $20 burning a hole in my pocket and I'm feeling lucky!! time to hit up City Pets and the $5 frag bin for some gems.

--chris--

DC Blues

blues_zpse999792d.jpg

Unknown Gold w/ purple skirt paly. Started with one polyp, been a good grower. I'm thinking it keeps the gold like the babies in less lighting.

goldmorph_zps690ae9eb.jpg

PZ Adam Bombs (Thanks Ryan, it's been a good grower):

PZAdamBomb_zps398bebbd.jpg

Now that they've established themselves I'm pretty sure they are Donatelles.

donatelle_zps1c6239d4.jpg

Started off as 4 polyps for a buddy, and look how fast it grew!

pinkhall_zps6438f055.jpg

Great colors. Is that under LED?

--chris--

Hey guys, im on the edge of buying two led fixtures for my 48x18x12 frag tank. Im going to keeping 70-80% zoas and palys then a mix of everything else. I would just like to hear from some others that going full led is the way to go. Growth is good?

And yes, I've been reading on leds for months! Im just being sure before I blow the reefs piggy bank lol.