inTank Media Baskets

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

buddythelion

hey guys, my friend has a frag of eagle eyes that's looking really pale. she has them higher up in the tank, and she's wonder if they like a ton of light or not so much...they're open but pale. So I suggested maybe try to have them lower for a few days. was that the right thing to say? if not, I'll tell her otherwise.

If they're higher up and pale, sounds like too much light. Lower them around low-medium lighting.

If they're higher up and pale, sounds like too much light. Lower them around low-medium lighting.

thanks, that's what I told her to do. I just was trying to make sure that was the right thing. thank you again.

eddiecorrea

Is it Rasta Rainbow paly? Very good macro shot. Thanks

Looks that way. But he seems to have made up a name to generate more profit. There is no zoa/paly by that name anywhere that I can find.

FireCorals

Is it Rasta Rainbow paly? Very good macro shot. Thanks

No, completely different centers / skirts, here's a comparison and btw, thanks for the Macro Lens! Great deal and my shots have improved, but still learning...

Looks that way. But he seems to have made up a name to generate more profit. There is no zoa/paly by that name anywhere that I can find.

Oh Eddie, always trolling and assuming without any facts... And there isn't another zoa/paly by that name because I just made that name after searching to see if anyone else had one like it and I couldn't find. Excuse me for doing what hundreds, if not thousands of others have done before me! Lol. :)

Here is a side by side...

Molly Popper Palys

944452_249660388509579_1428029623_n.jpg

Rasta Rainbow Palys

967012_249171905225094_1769878763_o.jpg

You can see the centers are completely different, the patterns, etc. Also, the Rasta Rainbow skirt doesn't change colors every other point. The RR has like 4 different colors to each one in the skirt, which the MP is similar, but again, the points change in color every other one. The Molly Poppers is actually cheaper than the Rasta Rainbow, so the "More profit" thing is a complete farce.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea whats going on with this zoa frag? It was fine a few days ago and now for the past 2 or 3 days it looks like this.

20130517_162601-1.jpg

yo sht smoked

Anyone have any idea whats going on with this zoa frag? It was fine a few days ago and now for the past 2 or 3 days it looks like this.

20130517_162601-1.jpg

I just had the same thing happen to some of my large polyp zoas in my RSM. After a couple of days, it started spreading to others, but only the large polyped ones. Nothing else in my tank was affected and all parameters are in check. I think it is some type of bacterial or fungal infection and it spreads pretty fast. I took all of my zoas out of that tank, dipped them in peroxide for 30 seconds, then put them in a bucket of freshly mixed saltwater and into my other tank (20 gallon). It seems to have stopped them from dying, but I think I am going to have to keep dipping them every couple of days until they get better. If you find anything out about it, please post...I'd love to know what it is and what causes it.

Nice 10, looks stuffed!

I ordered up some zoas and palys....

photobucket-6303-1369217905664_zpscba895

But i didnt realize i was sending them as a graduation present for my dad.

• Like 1
FireCorals

I saw that, but I have a feeling more and more like it are about to hit the market soon. One of my over seas guys was posting up some pics of maricultured colonies containing them... but I am not sure if they are making it into the states just yet besides for GB... GB has a great, long-term connection though.

I might have to put my bid in on that one though :x