Cultivated Reef

The Zoa and Paly Club

kveekx

buddythelion

Here's an update on that hornet type morph I got awhile ago! Most of the white speckling went away but it got much much much brighter. Glad that most of the coloration did not morph. icon_smile.gif

I think Nectarine is a fitting name... They might be clockwork oranges but then these are the nicest clockworks I've seen. The orange ring is really bright and with they do have an alternating skirt of green and then a seafoam/light blue green. I can only pick up the alt skirt on camera though, much too small to notice with my human eyes. squigglemouth.png

nectarine4_zpsf8e010f0.jpg

Nectarines1_zps6a518702.jpg

And just for fun... BAM. Actinics! It's easier to see the alt skirts here. They GLOW icon_smile.gif

nectarine2_zps5c55567e.jpg

nectarine3_zpsd65d4dd5.jpg

Poinsettia update, doing awesome.
poinsettia1_zpse0c997cf.jpg

Picked up a Bowser from Joe Knows Reef. This is the lineage from AIM (Aquarium in Motion) / Jay Painter, the original Bowser before Dream Corals got theirs. So this is the original Bowser morph. They're still small so I'm excited to see them larger.
bowser1_zps06ab34cb.jpg

Comparison shot, should be obvious between the three which is which (Poinsettia, Bowser, CAR)
comparison_zps810b011c.jpg

PZ Detonator, growing really well.
pzdetonator_zps8f3fbbbe.jpg

Tropical Martinis still going well. bigsmile.png
tropicalmartini_zps59461574.jpg

Speckled Fire and Ice from the display:
spckled_zpsde853030.jpg

Feels good to know that this all started from only about 2 polyps. Anyone else notice that PZ Prometheans colony underneath?
rastas_zpsf05fec24.jpg

masterbuilder

Not sure if I still belong to the club...but...I did at one time. .This was my 1st nano tank in late 2006. It was up for 2.5 years until I upgraded. Almost stock 12G Nanocube with no fancy ones just the ones that grew like nuts. My latest tank is still in the build stage and not ready for primetime pics...yet.

9890Nano_3_2007.jpg

• Like 5

Not sure if I still belong to the club...but...I did at one time. This was my 1st nano tank in late 2006. It was up for 2.5 years until I upgraded. Almost stock 12G Nanocube. My latest tank is still in the build stage and not ready for primetime pics...yet.

9890Nano_3_2007.jpg

Wow, Zoa City of Dreams! gorgeous.

• Like 2

Now I really née to find someone with a macro lens and get pictures of my mini zoa collection. Have over 40 varieties at the moments taking u most of my 56 gal

buddythelion

My buddy came over with his "much better than mine" camera and busted out some awesome photos!

PZ Prometheans:
prometheans_zps6301821c.jpg

Gold Mauls:
gold_zpsd5cf8851.jpg

Unnamed Hornet Morph:
Actinics:
bees1_zps739c4e13.jpg

Regular:
bees2_zps55995255.jpg

Awesome morph from RichieT. Notice the baby?
rainbow_zpsb4ba8ae7.jpg

ARC Poinsettias:
poinsettia_zpsceb86519.jpg

Purpleberry Fantasy:
purpleberrydream_zps12473a7e.jpg

Kamehamehas:
k2h_zps45ab1557.jpg

MoeManTheSnowMan

Molly Popper Palys

944452_249660388509579_1428029623_n.jpg

I know know this wAs posted a while ago. Was just going through the thread n came across it.

Love the name on this. Had to be a straight raver that named this lol

Who did name this piece anyways?

• Like 1

Do lighter zoas need more light? less light? I just got these yesterday so it's early yet- the yellow opened but the peach not so much. Experiences w/ peach zoas???

019_zpsa73a42be.jpg

037_zpsd98b3c7b.jpg

• Like 1

Do lighter zoas need more light? less light? I just got these yesterday so it's early yet- the yellow opened but the peach not so much. Experiences w/ peach zoas???

019_zpsa73a42be.jpg

037_zpsd98b3c7b.jpg

Looks a lot like mine.

jZPgRBq.jpg

The hardiest zoas I've ever had. They seem to do well in anything/anywhere.

Looks a lot like mine.

jZPgRBq.jpg

The hardiest zoas I've ever had. They seem to do well in anything/anywhere.

Good to know. Today they look no different than yesterday, seems to be taking a while to open up. I've always had zoas that opened fully w/in 30mins so this is well....weird. Don't know if I should just in case do a Coral Rx dip tomorrow and put them back in. the other was put in at the same time and it's opened quickly.

Ah I see. Mine are still a little poopy (if you've read my tank thread you'd know why) but they're all still there halfway opening and I didn't lose any heads.

Another dip certainly isn't going to hurt anything.

Yours always open in 30 minutes? Mine usually take a couple days but that's probably from my lighting being so drastically different from where they come from.

Radioactive Flamingo Poop.

Kidding, I have no idea.

That actually sounds right! Not actually of course but if I had to give it a name, I would go with radioactive flamingo poop