inTank Media Baskets

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

jedimasterben

I've had a leopard wrasse in my tank for.... maybe 8 months? A year? Something like that. I thought it had died a few months back, I drained the tank, leaving only a few inches of water to keep corals wet, acid washed almost all the rocks, and when I was getting ready to fill it back up, I saw it leisurely swimming around.

This one is hardy as all hell, but this is far from the norm.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRLOVEtoreef

New light sounds sweet!

Thanks man ... Dave does some amazing work and I think the cherry wood is going to be off the hook

Omg so much win with the cherry wood

I know but I am really pumped about the all brass/copper hardware ... Sad thing is that as exciting as the finish details he does an even better job with the details of the lights

I've had a leopard wrasse in my tank for.... maybe 8 months? A year? Something like that. I thought it had died a few months back, I drained the tank, leaving only a few inches of water to keep corals wet, acid washed almost all the rocks, and when I was getting ready to fill it back up, I saw it leisurely swimming around.

That is crazy .. They are such amazing fish, but I fear I might be cramped on tank size but I really want a wrasse to control any pests that sneak thru the dip procedure

DRLOVEtoreef

Thanks Zia ... It is pretty crazy with all the stuff we have going to say the least ... I can't wait till I can put the daughters to work!!

What channel is that show on? We are suckers for those reality shows ... Especially the Alaska shows

Dude you plus NanoBox would be insane ... There is really not anything that I have come up with that Dave hasn't delivered on ... I really love the spectrum I get with the hybrid ... Too early to tell on growth, but I think it really delivers the best of both worlds ... U get the colors that are insane with LEDs and the T5s eliminate any shadowing common with LED fixtures ... I still haven't seen the full picture with the nano as one set of the LEDs aren't working but Dave has been awesome and is paying for me to ship it back to him so he can correct the issue ... He is even sending me a temporary fixture to use while he repairs the nano ... I challenge u to find better service than that

As awesome as these lights are, we are working on a vintage panic switch control panel ... It is going to be crazy

I typically haven't changed to new water yet but I think I will next time just to be on the safe side ... Do u think I should?

It's on Country music channel Man 'gactv' It' a great family show. However it might give your girls some insight on what kind of chores they will have when they get older and they might accidentally break the tv,lol The Alaska gold and the living and surviving off the land in Alaska shows are are favorites to. Man, i dont see how you have one minute to watch TV with your full time job and your menagerie of animals, god bless you man! I'm feelin purdy lazy about now :lol:

That's some serious customer service from Dave. I cant wait to see your AIO in full effect once he gets it back to you. When you get your big one up and running, i might have to steal some of your flavor bro.

''vintage panic switch control panel .'' Say wut?!? as i scratch my head....

I probably would do atleast 1/2 and 1/2 with old tank water and new salt water at least. But hey, if it's working for you.

That's crazy! Little :ninja: wrasse. Just the fact you've had him a year is a major success. Is he only eating live or frozen also?

DRLOVEtoreef

Ate pellets a couple of days after I got it.

I wish we could get fishes like that all the time!

It's on Country music channel Man 'gactv' It' a great family show. However it might give your girls some insight on what kind of chores they will have when they get older and they might accidentally break the tv,lol The Alaska gold and the living and surviving off the land in Alaska shows are are favorites to. Man, i dont see how you have one minute to watch TV with your full time job and your menagerie of animals, god bless you man! I'm feelin purdy lazy about now :lol:

That's some serious customer service from Dave. I cant wait to see your AIO in full effect once he gets it back to you. When you get your big one up and running, i might have to steal some of your flavor bro.

''vintage panic switch control panel .'' Say wut?!? as i scratch my head....

I probably would do atleast 1/2 and 1/2 with old tank water and new salt water at least. But hey, if it's working for you.

I will have to check out that show ... We love the homesteaders in Alaska ... The gold show is fun but man I hope Todd isn't that stupid .. He just makes so many stupid mistakes!

On the panic switch ... The idea is to have two plainly visible switches mounted on the wall that would kill all power to the tanks ... Something that a tank sitter or wife could hit really quick in case of an emergency .., living out in the boon docks I tend to obsess on emergency situations ...

The challenge is that I want it to look cool like everything else and that is where Dave comes in - I hope

DRLOVEtoreef

After doing some research on wrasses I have decided to go with a pair of pink streaked wrasses for the AIO ... Anyone recommend an online vendor?

DRLOVEtoreef

I took some new pictures of the AIO last night ... I really need to start playing around with my wife's nice camera ... these are via my I-phone, but, I think these two turned out decent ...

first up is a picture of the rock nems I received a couple of weeks back from Divers Den ... these things are pretty cool - I really enjoy the heck out of them :)

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/AIO-8-20-13-ROCKNEMS_zpsf56e8153.jpg.html'>AIO-8-20-13-ROCKNEMS_zpsf56e8153.jpg

finally a picture of some of the frags I received from Zia ... I really don't like this picture, but, what the heck :)

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/AIO-8-20-13_zps2ffc5483.jpg.html'>AIO-8-20-13_zps2ffc5483.jpg

DRLOVEtoreef

well good news ... I was able to order a trio of pink striped wrasses from LA this morning ... I was going to go with Blue Zoo, but, the guarantee is nicer on the LA order :)

I also have a trio of firefish, a bicolor blenny and pair of clowns on the way ... the clowns and blenny will go in the main tank ... to satisfy the resident fish demands from my daughters!

well good news ... I was able to order a trio of pink striped wrasses from LA this morning ... I was going to go with Blue Zoo, but, the guarantee is nicer on the LA order :)

I also have a trio of firefish, a bicolor blenny and pair of clowns on the way ... the clowns and blenny will go in the main tank ... to satisfy the resident fish demands from my daughters!

lol

Yea, don't blame you. You cant beat LA guarantee! Cant wait to see pics of those beauties, when do they arrive?

DRLOVEtoreef

Well I was hoping to buy some of lawns meat but I was too slow ... I do love a fully inflated brain or wellso ... Looking for something for the pair of clowns to host in, but I am leary of adding a BTA ... Thoughts?

I think there are some awesome RBTA's out there. But i thought you were going more sps this go, With that thought I would stay away from the BTA's. would hate to have it decide to walk across some sweet sps

BTA's are great but they can go wandering around, especially at first, so you'll want to keep an eye on corals and may have to move some. Loved mine but the thing would go for a 'walk' every 6 months or so.

DRLOVEtoreef

BTA's are great but they can go wandering around, especially at first, so you'll want to keep an eye on corals and may have to move some. Loved mine but the thing would go for a 'walk' every 6 months or so.

I think there are some awesome RBTA's out there. But i thought you were going more sps this go, With that thought I would stay away from the BTA's. would hate to have it decide to walk across some sweet sps

that is my fear ... especially with this being barebottom ... the other option would be to put it in the AIO, but, I fear it would take up too much space ... :(

I'm pretty sure they don't normally host rock nems. Clowns are goofy though and may even ignore a nem you put in and host a Frogspawn, a Mushroom, or even a powerhead! lol Just remember clowns and the nem have minds of their own. With a bare bottom i'd expect the nem to be all over the rock.

DRLOVEtoreef

I'm pretty sure they don't normally host rock nems. Clowns are goofy though and may even ignore a nem you put in and host a Frogspawn, a Mushroom, or even a powerhead! lol Just remember clowns and the nem have minds of their own. With a bare bottom i'd expect the nem to be all over the rock.

true ... this is one of the hardest things for me to "accept" with reef aquariums ... something that was damn near impossible when I first got started and easier now, but still hard ... letting go of things that are so tempting ... like going in to a LFS and trusting that the LFS employee is right when he tells you that sure, these beautiful red crinoids will thrive in an aquarium setting ... yes, that happened to me several years ago before I started researching my purchases in advance :)

I definitely agree with you there! It's hard 'not' to get some things. I loved by BTA that I had...and really want another but i'm really debating with my new build if i'm going to get one. Ugh!

DRLOVEtoreef

I definitely agree with you there! It's hard 'not' to get some things. I loved by BTA that I had...and really want another but i'm really debating with my new build if i'm going to get one. Ugh!

it is a beating having to make those calls ... I often dream of making a tank full of BTA's ... but, then I always end up putting other things in the tank! There was a TOTM of the month several years ago where it was chock full of RBTA's ... just amazing ...

I know! LOL I swore my next tank was going to be a nem tank....but I just can't do it now. Maybe when I get a house for good i'll do one. They are definitely interesting critters.

Archived