Coral Vue Hydros

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

BattleAthletics

Gerard we only spent lik 2 to 3 hours at sea world....my wife Couldnt hack the heat. I did get to go to elegant reef. That place is legit although everything in there is pricey. That mass exodus of zias corals are going to be sweet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRLOVEtoreef

Gerard we only spent lik 2 to 3 hours at sea world....my wife Couldnt hack the heat. I did get to go to elegant reef. That place is legit although everything in there is pricey. That mass exodus of zias corals are going to be sweet

It is hot there ... all of the asphalt is killer ... I was hoping we would get to go back there for a return trip next summer, but, it looks like we are going to Disney World instead :) ... maybe I will get to take a side trip to World Wide Corals ... I can dream :)

You are right though, I am excited about the shipment of frags ... I am going to be busy tonight!

DRLOVEtoreef

I decided to open up the shipment to remove the cold pack since it is indoors now ... everything looks really good ... Zia did an amazing job packaging it all ...

DRLOVEtoreef

Can't wait to see them all in your tank

thanks ... I keep going over the list time after time to try and figure out where I want to put it all .. that is the tricky part!

DRLOVEtoreef

I bet it is. What was the final total number you received?

I believe there were 37 pieces shipped today ... there are more coming next week, but, today was the big shipment ... I so happy that Fed Ex had a good shipment!

BattleAthletics

great news, the mega shipment has arrived ... two hours ahead of schedule ... box looks good ... it is resting in my office and closely guarded ... anyone that gets close will have this happen to them ...

whoopass_zpsfdb30c2a.jpg

Cats have ninja like speed.

DRLOVEtoreef

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/ninjacat_zpsc3c91b9c.png.html'>ninjacat_zpsc3c91b9c.png

Sorry to hear about the crash--what caused it?

Thanks ... it was a painful couple of weeks to say the least ... I still don't know 100% what caused the crash, from what i can tell, the most likely explanation is that one of my daughters put something in the tank ... I have since tossed the idea of putting an electric fence around the tank as a precaution, but, fear that may be extreme!

I suppose the one benefit is that it gave me the opportunity to rebuild and re-scape the tanks .... something I probably would never have done otherwise ...

DRLOVEtoreef

You could always set a perimeter and use a shock collar :)

true ... I actually have a couple of those collars we aren't using ...

DRLOVEtoreef

Thanks guys for the feedback ... I am wiped out ... Just spent the past couple hours dipping and acclimating 37 frags from Zia ... My tank is bursting at the seams will all that goodness!!!

I used the new Reef Pet Solutions All Out dip followed by a tank water and then Lugols Iodine dip ... Zia did an amazing job packaging everything and it looks awesome ... I still need to glue some pieces in place but so far I am very happy

Dam man, sorry i missed this awesome thread! I spent the last hour reading through the 7 pages catching up. Subscribed! I love the dimensions and rimless sexiness, of both your tanks! Good call on the blk silicone, looks saweet!

Dude, huge praises for Fedex making it on time today and getting the box there in one piece. Glad to hear everything traveled well. 36 frags of that caliber i was sweating a little bit. That many frags in one shipment, its gotta be some type of world record :lol: Those were some of the best high end z/ps ive ever owned so im glad they went to such a great home! The LPS wasent to shabby either :) Cant wait to hear what you decided on what pieces went to which tank. Hurry up and get those bad boys settled in and happy so we can get box 2 of 2 on the way. There will be even more hotness in that one. I'm dumping all my extra candies on you, so i can get my frag tank taken down.

Dude that light NanoBox made has to be one of the craziest, best looking fixtures ive ever seen. He pimped that thing out for you. That's dude got some talent. Love the Hybrid option. I have T5 on my main display and LED over my other tank. But it would be a dream to have best of both worlds like that.

DRLOVEtoreef

This is what showed up my office yesterday ... a full 2 hours ahead of schedule ... I have to admit, FedEx nailed this and did an amazing job shipping this package ...

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/IMG_0862_zps69178a2e.jpg.html'>IMG_0862_zps69178a2e.jpg

It is pretty funny, at this point my front office team knows when they see anything that remotely looks like a fish and/or coral shipment they bring it straight to me ... the sad part is they always think it contains some type of fish ... I usually just agree :)

I didn't get off work till 4:45 or so .. I got home and started temperature acclimation ... when I doing this many bags, I just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water halfway and float them in their .. so much easier than trying to keep them from blocking the overflow ...

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/IMG_0865_zps12c818e2.jpg.html'>IMG_0865_zps12c818e2.jpg

On this shipment, I tried out the relatively new Reef Pest Solutions All Out .. pretty easy to use and it definitely killed a lot of crap .. fortunately, Zia runs a clean tank but we both agreed it best to dip to be safe ... here is more information on the dip ...

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/reef-pest-solutions-all-out

http://reefbuilders.com/?s=rps+all+out

The All Out creates a bluish tint and it changes color when it is no longer effective ... it never changed colors on me, but, I suppose that is a nice feature ... after dipping each frag for around 7 minutes I rinsed in clean tank water and then did a 5 minute Lugol's dip for 4 minutes ... then into the tank they went ...

Here is the All Out dip

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/IMG_0866_zps2a3753e0.jpg.html'>IMG_0866_zps2a3753e0.jpg

And the Lugol's dip ...

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/IMG_0868_zpsc76c8857.jpg.html'>IMG_0868_zpsc76c8857.jpg

Zia did an amazing job packaging and they are doing very well today ... some are not quite open all the way, but, they endured quite a bit of stress ...

DRLOVEtoreef

It will probably be a day or so until I have actual pictures of the tank .. I am swamped at home ... we live in East Texas and live on 15 acres ... it is a bit of a funny farm of sorts ... we have goats, chickens, ducks and cows ... we just finished building a "chicken tractor" for our 13 hens and I am in the process of building a pole barn for our tractor and other farm equipment ... here is a progress picture of the barn ... this is the first major building I have built ... it is exciting to see it all come together

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/IMG_0870_zpsc2fd5aee.jpg.html'>IMG_0870_zpsc2fd5aee.jpg

DRLOVEtoreef

Important fish question for my reefing buds ... I want to add a leopard wrasse to the AIO tank ... I would love a pair, but, I have read on live aquaria that they are best introduced in odd numbers ... what would you suggest?

DRLOVEtoreef

I was productive on the tank today ... Changed about twenty gallons total ... Ten gallons out of the AIO ... Replaced that ten gallons with ten from the main system ... Then took another ten out of the main system and put twenty new gallons in the main system ... So far this approach is working great as it keeps the AIO system nutrient rich which the zoas, palys, gorgs and feather dusters love ... While keeping the main system clean

Also took the time to vinegar soak and scrub down the tunze nanos ...

I forgot to mention that Dave is building out a killer new hybrid for the main system ... It is going to look killer ... A few teaser details

Cherry wood veneers to match stand

Blacked out

Custom Notre Dame graphics

All copper and brass hardware

Custom black t5 end caps

BattleAthletics

I forgot to mention that Dave is building out a killer new hybrid for the main system ... It is going to look killer ... A few teaser details

Blacked out

Custom black t5 end caps

Omg so much win with the cherry wood

This is what showed up my office yesterday ... a full 2 hours ahead of schedule ... I have to admit, FedEx nailed this and did an amazing job shipping this package ...

IMG_0862_zps69178a2e.jpg

Haha, that was the only insulated box i had on hand big enough to handle that many frags,lol

My normal 7x7x7'' boxes wouldn't cut it for that shipment. Seeing it again reminds me of the insnaeo afternoon frantically packing them trying to meet Fedex cutoff time. Didnt want to miss two days in a row :lol:

The All Out creates a bluish tint and it changes color when it is no longer effective ... it never changed colors on me, but, I suppose that is a nice feature ... after dipping each frag for around 7 minutes I rinsed in clean tank water and then did a 5 minute Lugol's dip for 4 minutes ... then into the tank they went ...

Here is the All Out dip

And the Lugol's dip ...

Zia did an amazing job packaging and they are doing very well today ... some are not quite open all the way, but, they endured quite a bit of stress ...

Man, i read up on that All Out Dip and it looks awesome. Glad to see you had good results with it. Im going to be adding that to my dipping treatments. Thanks for sharing.

It will probably be a day or so until I have actual pictures of the tank .. I am swamped at home ... we live in East Texas and live on 15 acres ... it is a bit of a funny farm of sorts ... we have goats, chickens, ducks and cows ... we just finished building a "chicken tractor" for our 13 hens and I am in the process of building a pole barn for our tractor and other farm equipment ... here is a progress picture of the barn ... this is the first major building I have built ... it is exciting to see it all come together

IMG_0870_zpsc2fd5aee.jpg

15 acres :o Woa that's sweet. All those animals, two reef tanks, and a 1/3 of a softball team of family. How the heck do you manage it all. Pretty impressive :D

Lovin that barn build. Man, to think i have a hard time building a dang, fish tank stand :lol: Your situation kind of reminds me of that TV show 'Farm Kings' One of our favorate shows atm. Got to love that good ol' American hard work ethic, and family unity!

Important fish question for my reefing buds ... I want to add a leopard wrasse to the AIO tank ... I would love a pair, but, I have read on live aquaria that they are best introduced in odd numbers ... what would you suggest?

Can't help you here man, dont have much experience with more than one. I love these fish, but they elude me. Ive made two attempts to order them. Both times they arrived DOA. There such delicate shippers, and equally hard to keep from what i can tell. Once you get them settled in and eating frozen than i guess there pretty hardy. I really want one mah self. Hopefully someone else with experience will chime in here....

I was productive on the tank today ... Changed about twenty gallons total ... Ten gallons out of the AIO ... Replaced that ten gallons with ten from the main system ... Then took another ten out of the main system and put twenty new gallons in the main system ... So far this approach is working great as it keeps the AIO system nutrient rich which the zoas, palys, gorgs and feather dusters love ... While keeping the main system clean

That's a very interesting water change approach. Makes sense.Do you ever change any AIO water for new saltwater?

Blacked out

Custom black t5 end caps

Wow thats gonna be a long/big light. Hopefully he'll send you some progress/teaser pics you can share. I might want to go that direction for my main display. The fact he pimps them out and does all kinds of custom bells and whistles, right up my alley. The Hybrid aspect really seems like that's where its at. How the growth and how you liking the hybrid on your AIO?

Archived