inTank Media Baskets

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

to all my NR peeps, I am looking at adding a second salt mix ... I currently use TM BioActif, but, mixed results and I don't love the price ... what have you had success with?

Red Sea Coral Pro all the way for me! Good and cheap!

Life has been hectic lately, but, I have to give mad props to GlennR ... you can find him on Ebay here ...http://stores.ebay.com/coralgardensaquaculture

After seeing some of the awesome pieces Zia received from him, I placed an order with him ... he was quick to reply to emails, very patient with my questions and helping me finish out my order ... the items were packaged very well, and, many of the pieces actually had polyp extension in the shipping bag.

the items he delivered were above and beyond what I was expecting, he was very generous with BOTH frag size and numbers ... his photos were representative of the corals I received ... no disappointment there at all ... after letting the pieces get settled in, they are all doing very well ...

There was a minor hiccup with one frag being missed in the shipment, but, Glenn was fast to offer to ship the item to me at no charge ... great service .... I HIGHLY recommend checking him out.

Glad you had the same great experience i had with him! He definitely knows how to hook a brotha up!

So update time:

Hows the replacment/repair NanoBox light coming along?

Hows the new Jawbreakerish Shrooms doing? Mine like lower light and lower to barley moderate flow. Any more than that and they stay 50% open

Did you get some epoxy yet and mount any frags/corals to the main rock that way yet?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, i need to ship your last package out sometime next week. I desperately need the space so get ready. How about we just share the tank space in your tanks. Because im gonna send you alot of extras that you can hold indefinitely, because im plumb out of room ova here. If i can pretend that your just borrowing them, than i can justify sending you some serious bonus Kandy's

jedimasterben

For salt, use just regular Instant Ocean. Salt mix is salt mix. Instant Ocean is used by nearly all public aquariums in the US that use synthetic salt if that tells you anything.

Red Sea Coral Pro all the way for me! Good and cheap!

Glad you had the same great experience i had with him! He definitely knows how to hook a brotha up!

So update time:

Hows the replacment/repair NanoBox light coming along?

Hows the new Jawbreakerish Shrooms doing? Mine like lower light and lower to barley moderate flow. Any more than that and they stay 50% open

Did you get some epoxy yet and mount any frags/corals to the main rock that way yet?

Hey man .. Life has been crazy with work, annual

company retreat and kids ... Tanks are doing well ... Found a happy spot for the shrooms and I agree on the light and flow ...

I haven't epoxied anything in place yet ... I ordered some more live rock from kp aquatics and it should arrive this week ... I need to work on the scape some in the AIO to show off the pieces better

Mi tank es su tank especially if you send more awesome pieces!! If you want to ship out early this week that should be perfect!

Also, i need to ship your last package out sometime next week. I desperately need the space so get ready. How about we just share the tank space in your tanks. Because im gonna send you alot of extras that you can hold indefinitely, because im plumb out of room ova here. If i can pretend that your just borrowing them, than i can justify sending you some serious bonus Kandy's

Lol ... I love how quickly you have reloaded your tank!!

For salt, use just regular Instant Ocean. Salt mix is salt mix. Instant Ocean is used by nearly all public aquariums in the US that use synthetic salt if that tells you anything.

Thanks man ... Ultimately I went with reef crystals ... BRS had a good Labor Day sale that I was able to get three buckets for an awesome price with no shipping charge at all

On the new hybrid fixture it should ship out this week ... Dave has been slammed and is couple of weeks behind schedule, but it should be worth the wait - I hope :)

I did finally get my bubble magus doser online ... I purchased the package deal that came with the doser pump, mounting shelf, tube holder and three dosing containers

I came away impressed with the build quality and overall product ... I really feel like this will help keep the parameters steady and help the sps thrive

The downside is I am keeping my main system so low nutrient that my favia are suffering a bit ... Not all of them but the war corals are ... I may end up moving them to the AIO where the water is dirtier ... The main system is very clean ... I only have to clean the glass once a week and it isn't that dirty after a week

jedimasterben

The downside is I am keeping my main system so low nutrient that my favia are suffering a bit ... Not all of them but the war corals are ...

Simple solution, just double the amount of times you feed. :)

(and if you're not getting algae, after a few weeks, double it again - keep it going until you notice algae growth, then back it down).

Simple solution, just double the amount of times you feed. :)

Then I have to deal with algae ... I will be adding 4-5 colonies next weekend and I want to see how those pieces adapt before adding more food ... I figure it is easier to keep it low and add more later than have to drop back

(and if you're not getting algae, after a few weeks, double it again - keep it going until you notice algae growth, then back it down).

jedimasterben

Then I have to deal with algae ... I will be adding 4-5 colonies next weekend and I want to see how those pieces adapt before adding more food ... I figure it is easier to keep it low and add more later than have to drop back

You don't have to deal with algae unless you do too much too fast. One thing that most don't understand about a tank's bioload is that the biological filtration adjusts the amount of nutrients that go in. I feed the same amount to my tank no matter how many or what kind of fish I have in there, that way the biological filter always stays the same, and is in preparation for a higher fish load (but will not be a higher bioload).

You don't have to deal with algae unless you do too much too fast. One thing that most don't understand about a tank's bioload is that the biological filtration adjusts the amount of nutrients that go in. I feed the same amount to my tank no matter how many or what kind of fish I have in there, that way the biological filter always stays the same, and is in preparation for a higher fish load (but will not be a higher bioload).

Hmm good point ... I will have to plan on gradually increasing the amount of food to the system

Lavender blue favia with yellow eyes. Have one of those?

I don't have one of those but sure would love one ... That is making my coral senses get all tingly just thinking about it

I received an order in from KP Aquatics yesterday ... I added some peppermint shrimp (to address the one or two ninja aptasia in the AIO) and a couple of Pedersen shrimp ... and, yes, you guessed it, more feather dusters!!

I received an order in from KP Aquatics yesterday ... I added some peppermint shrimp (to address the one or two ninja aptasia in the AIO) and a couple of Pedersen shrimp ... and, yes, you guessed it, more feather dusters!!

Awesome ive always wanted to order from KP.

That will be my very first and next order for the new seahorse tank. How was there service, packaging etc..

Life has been hectic lately, but, I have to give mad props to GlennR ... you can find him on Ebay here ...http://stores.ebay.com/coralgardensaquaculture

After seeing some of the awesome pieces Zia received from him, I placed an order with him ... he was quick to reply to emails, very patient with my questions and helping me finish out my order ... the items were packaged very well, and, many of the pieces actually had polyp extension in the shipping bag.

the items he delivered were above and beyond what I was expecting, he was very generous with BOTH frag size and numbers ... his photos were representative of the corals I received ... no disappointment there at all ... after letting the pieces get settled in, they are all doing very well ...

There was a minor hiccup with one frag being missed in the shipment, but, Glenn was fast to offer to ship the item to me at no charge ... great service .... I HIGHLY recommend checking him out.

Thanks man! Just wait until you get your next box, those scoly's are pretty sweet! I'm glad they're going to someone here so I can see pics once you get them in your tank. That reminds me, I better go take them off of ebay!!

Thanks man! Just wait until you get your next box, those scoly's are pretty sweet! I'm glad they're going to someone here so I can see pics once you get them in your tank. That reminds me, I better go take them off of ebay!!

Thanks man ... I am excited about adding them to they tank ... they are going to add a beautiful splash of color!

If you are looking to add some live rock to your tank, I highly recommend you check out Sea Life Inc. (KP Aquatics) ... they have a killer deal on 10 lbs of live rock shipped for $55!! I wanted to add some rock to my AIO to help with the aquascape ... http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=363

here is the box when it arrived ...

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/9e8475a9-bc50-4d8e-83b2-604560ea7c89_zps09b07f77.jpg.html'>9e8475a9-bc50-4d8e-83b2-604560ea7c89_zps

they shipped it via 2 day air .. I opened it up ... packaged very well ... rock was still very moist and no dead smell at all ... it was COVERED in all colors of corallin algae ... just beautiful ... even some macro algaes on it .. even though it was cured, I will "cook" it for a couple of days to get as much crap off it as I can ... I did this with the last shipment I received ... ended up cooking it for 4 weeks as I had the rock in my sump when the main tank crashed ... even after being in the sump for 3 months with no light, then being in a bucket of saltwater in the garage with a maxi jet with no light, once I put the rock in my display the colors popped! just awesome

I am really excited about adding this to the new tank ... it should look amazing ... one of the best purchases I have made in a while

If you haven't checked out GlennR on ebay, I can't tell you loud enough - go do it! He is getting some amazing pieces in that will knock your socks off and want to make you cry momma

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/cryinglebron_zps96147f0a.jpg.html'>cryinglebron_zps96147f0a.jpg

I was able to score some fresh meat ... I have an amazing blue/green/purple rhodactis and a pair of scolys on their way next week ...

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/blue-greenrhodactis_zps65dc8d35.jpg.html'>blue-greenrhodactis_zps65dc8d35.jpg

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/lovetoreef/media/scolys_zps12c9b196.jpg.html'>scolys_zps12c9b196.jpg

My ebay store is a little weak right now. I'm still working out some issues with paypal/ebay/fedex. Almost done though :). Once everything falls into place I'll be restocking the store BIG TIME (I've got a coouple hundred pieces right now)! I also plan to set up a website and buy a sponsorship here. Hopefully that will happen within the next month or two.

My ebay store is a little weak right now. I'm still working out some issues with paypal/ebay/fedex. Almost done though :). Once everything falls into place I'll be restocking the store BIG TIME (I've got a coouple hundred pieces right now)! I also plan to set up a website and buy a sponsorship here. Hopefully that will happen within the next month or two.

that is awesome man ... once you are fully in place, it will be on like donkey kong!

Dude i need rock and i need yellow sponges and yellow gorgs for the new tank, so KP sounds like a one stop shop! Glad you had a good shipment from them. It would have been sweet to have seen pics of what that rock looked like fresh out the box..

WOA, holy guacamole scoly moly. Those are stunners man! Those will POP under your blues! Ive yet to have the space to ad some nice puffy meat like that to my tank, but as soon as my sand beds free, like you said ''It's on like donkey kong''

Dude i need rock and i need yellow sponges and yellow gorgs for the new tank, so KP sounds like a one stop shop! Glad you had a good shipment from them. It would have been sweet to have seen pics of what that rock looked like fresh out the box..

WOA, holy guacamole scoly moly. Those are stunners man! Those will POP under your blues! Ive yet to have the space to ad some nice puffy meat like that to my tank, but as soon as my sand beds free, like you said ''It's on like donkey kong''

I will see if I can get a picture of the rock tonight or tomorrow ... I was very impressed ... I also add a purple ribbon gorgonian ... they are always generous with their orders ... I order 3 peppermint and 2 pederson shrimps and I think I got 5 peppermint and 4 pederson ... really a great deal ... they are a lot like Glenn ... the pieces look so healthy straight out of the box.

but, do plan on cooking the rock some, it is full of life and there is a lot of crap that will die off

that is awesome man ... once you are fully in place, it will be on like donkey kong!

How sweet are these?? Just got em from the LFS. It was the only frag they had, you guys wouldn't believe me if I told you what I paid for them.

IMGP1180_zps5d619a84.jpg

How sweet are these?? Just got em from the LFS. It was the only frag they had, you guys wouldn't believe me if I told you what I paid for them.

IMGP1180_zps5d619a84.jpg

dayum man ... i bet that is one of those freebies you are throwing in for me :)

I will give you a couple of tooth brushes in exchange :)

dayum man ... i bet that is one of those freebies you are throwing in for me :)

I will give you a couple of tooth brushes in exchange :)

I'll keep that in mind, lol. I think I'm gonna hold on to these for a little while.

Archived