Cultivated Reef

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

Well, I'm somewhat "commmercial" now so out of respect for the sponsors here I won't be posting any FS threads anymore. I'm currently selling on ebay, but my next step is to set up a website then buy a sponsorship myself.

Thanks man! How are those scoly's looking?

The scolys were looking great when I put them in ... amazing colors! I will let you know more tonight when I get home from work on how everything is doing

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wuts going on in here :) Where's the scolys pics?

Also, would it kill you if i shipped the rest of your Kandy's tomorrow instead of today? Today got away from me.

I know, I am a major slacker ... this past month as kicked my tail ... I have so little time ... anyone want to buy a kid .. or at least rent one during the school year :)

hopefully I will get some pics tonight, but, no promises ...

shipping tomorrow is fine ... thanks

Thank you kindly my fellow slacker reefer! But with your new barn going up and all your other big property duties and 1/3 of a softball team over there, you certainly have your hands full and by no means are you slacking it! If you just squeeze in a pic once in awhile when you can, it will keep the wolfs at bay.

Thank you kindly my fellow slacker reefer! But with your new barn going up and all your other big property duties and 1/3 of a softball team over there, you certainly have your hands full and by no means are you slacking it! If you just squeeze in a pic once in awhile when you can, it will keep the wolfs at bay.

lol ... I know .. sad, I haven't even touched the barn since that initial picture ... I am a major slacker .. but, we are getting our first steer butchered tomorrow .. that is pretty exciting and I might have to start buying deep freezes in bulk!

I should be able to get some decent pictures or maybe even a video tonight :)

Zia .. where did you get those clowns ?? are they platinums or wyoming whites?

I am really tempted to add a pair of them

Wow, that will be a ton of meat for the freezer man! Nothing like natural grass fed beef! Was it a cow that you raised or had on your property?

I bought my Platinum and Snowflake from here

http://alphaaquaculture.com/store/index.php/fish.html

But man i really liking those new Fish Eye Buckshot clowns he posted here. I would love to pair one of those up with one his buckshot Black Phantoms or one of the heavily spotted, Premium Blacker Ice! But i only have two tanks and already have a pair in each so i'm out of the clown game :(

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/333444-fisheye-birdshot-clownfish-calling-the-shots/

My older pair are Picasso's from here (One of the OG originators of these mutant gems)

http://store.donisreef.com/

Those New Frostbite's are really neat as well. There look reminds me of a mix between a WW and Platinum and spotted buckshot.

http://alphaaquaculture.com/store/index.php/fish/sa-frostbite-frozen-3-1018.html

Donis Reef has a nice Platinum for only 75.00 bucks!!

http://store.donisreef.com/set-5-single-platinum/

Would pair nicely with this larger grade A, Picasso that already has lots of black filled in. Which would end up being the Female because of the size difference already in the two. I love the black tips on her white dorsal fin, she's purdy!

http://store.donisreef.com/set-2-single-picasso/

Wow, that will be a ton of meat for the freezer man! Nothing like natural grass fed beef! Was it a cow that you raised or had on your property?

I bought my Platinum and Snowflake from here

http://alphaaquaculture.com/store/index.php/fish.html

But man i really liking those new Fish Eye Buckshot clowns he posted here. I would love to pair one of those up with one his buckshot Black Phantoms or one of the heavily spotted, Premium Blacker Ice! But i only have two tanks and already have a pair in each so i'm out of the clown game :(

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/333444-fisheye-birdshot-clownfish-calling-the-shots/

My older pair are Picasso's from here (One of the OG originators of these mutant gems)

http://store.donisreef.com/

We purchased 5 lowline Angus cows earlier this summer ... one of them was a steer that was a couple months away from being ready to butcher .. he has been on grass his entire life ... no grain at all ... it will be interesting to see how much beef we end up with, but, I might have to ship you a box with some in there if you want

just ship me the pair of clowns and then you can go clown shopping!

Wow 5 Angus cows, pretty awesome. You must have big acreage for them grazers. You should get close to 500lbs of prime meat from that steer depending on what cuts you choose i would think. You better have a bigggg azz freezer buddy! Hell yea, i'll trade corals for grass fed beef anyday :lol:

Dude for a second there you had me thinking about shipping you my behbe clowns! But only for a second. As much as i would like to buy another killer looking pair, i need to show a little restrain and just chill out with what i have and let things grow out.

But i can still drool and dream...

come on, you know you want to go shopping ... I will throw together a package of beef in a cooler box with dry ice my friend! you can even custom order your cuts today and I will have the butcher put it together!

You guys are pure enabler evil! I'll dub you the E.E. crew. Best avoided for your wallets sake!

So tempting on the clown sitch :D But i have to keep them, they look so damnn happy in there new home. Plus your tanks needs the latest and greatest and some of those clowns in those links are stunners and worthy of your standards! So lets flip this script and put pressure on you and start clown shopping! I'll hit the interweb on your behalf this evening :D

He's very persistent, lol. I don't even tell him when I have new corals listed, he finds them on his own!

I tell you, he is a coral ninja ... sometimes, late at night, I think I see Zia peering through my bedroom windows looking at my tank ... he is tricky like that

You guys are pure enabler evil! I'll dub you the E.E. crew. Best avoided for your wallets sake!

So tempting on the clown sitch :D But i have to keep them, they look so damnn happy in there new home. Plus your tanks needs the latest and greatest and some of those clowns in those links are stunners and worthy of your standards! So lets flip this script and put pressure on you and start clown shopping! I'll hit the interweb on your behalf this evening :D

damn, I thought I could tempt you with food and fish shopping :) now the pressure is on me!

still shoot me a list of your favorite cuts tonight so I can send you some goodies

I tell you, he is a coral ninja ... sometimes, late at night, I think I see Zia peering through my bedroom windows looking at my tank ... he is tricky like that

damn, I thought I could tempt you with food and fish shopping :) now the pressure is on me!

still shoot me a list of your favorite cuts tonight so I can send you some goodies

My coral buying skillz are pretty :ninja: like. But those dayz are behind me :( I have so much extra Kandy's left over, im shipping em to you. I'm supposed to be receiving not shipping,lol

Woa, dude your wayyy to generous! I'm not gonna pass that offer up buddy! A few random steaks and some hamburger would be bomb! Now ill have to fill every last '' of your box with crazy Kandy! Less packing peanuts and more Kandy, got it!

as long as it's just your tank he's looking at!!

Tap tap... hear me knocking i'm watching your ish right now son.. Let me in, it's cold out hear!

I don't know man, I would watch yourself ... that is how he knows what you get in advance ... I am pretty sure I noticed "zia" scraped into the new blue tort mini colony I picked up this weekend

enabler_zpsf63a8caf.png

HAHA :lol: So damn true! I'm the dude sitting in the green coat and luv2reef is the waiter and that means Glenn is the pusher chick in the red pant suit :lol: Good look Glenski ;)

My coral buying skillz are pretty :ninja: like. But those dayz are behind me :( I have so much extra Kandy's left over, im shipping em to you. I'm supposed to be receiving not shipping,lol

Woa, dude your wayyy to generous! I'm not gonna pass that offer up buddy! A few random steaks and some hamburger would be bomb! Now ill have to fill every last '' of your box with crazy Kandy! Less packing peanuts and more Kandy, got it!

Tap tap... hear me knocking i'm watching your ish right now son.. Let me in, it's cold out hear!

HAHA :lol: So damn true! I'm the dude sitting in the green coat and luv2reef is the waiter and that means Glenn is the pusher chick in the red pant suit :lol: Good look Glenski ;)

Famous last words my friend ... Just wait till the corals start calling you

Sheesh it isn't cold here pards .. Humid 82 and I can't imagine Glenn has it any better

Dude u are so missing out ... Apple released their new OS and it is like I have a brand new phone ...

I will hook u up on the meaty goodness ... We are also processing one of our goats so I will send u some ground chevron as well ... Awesome in tacos and spaghetti - think deer but not as gamey

Scolys are rocking Glenn ... Just fed them a nice dinner of fauna Marin lps pellets ... They hammered down on those

Took some pics with the iPhone tonight and will see if they are any good tomorrow and will hopefully post some then

Yeah, it's crazy hot down here. We've had rain everyday for about 2 weeks now, it's been in the mid 90's w/ 90%+ humidity. It's pretty much miserable.

Glad to hear the scoly's are doing well! I'm glad you bought them and not some random person on ebay. I like being able to see my stuff in everyone's tanks. Make with the pics man!!

We purchased 5 lowline Angus cows earlier this summer ... one of them was a steer that was a couple months away from being ready to butcher .. he has been on grass his entire life ... no grain at all ... it will be interesting to see how much beef we end up with, but, I might have to ship you a box with some in there if you want

just ship me the pair of clowns and then you can go clown shopping!

jim-gaffigan1_zpsdb3d09f6.jpg

Mmmmmmm Coooowwwwwww

Yeah, it's crazy hot down here. We've had rain everyday for about 2 weeks now, it's been in the mid 90's w/ 90%+ humidity. It's pretty much miserable.

Glad to hear the scoly's are doing well! I'm glad you bought them and not some random person on ebay. I like being able to see my stuff in everyone's tanks. Make with the pics man!!

Man, I wish we could get some rain up here ... hopefully tomorrow, but, I am not holding my breath :(

they have called for rain all week.

jim-gaffigan1_zpsdb3d09f6.jpg

Mmmmmmm Coooowwwwwww

exactly ... I can't wait

I found some time to take some pictures last night of the AIO ... first up are the new scolys from Glenn ..

AIO-9-19-13-greenscoly_zpsd84db002.jpg

AIO-9-19-13-scolyorange_zps9ad76460.jpg

next up is one of the new Pederson shrimp playing on a ricordea ...

AIO-9-19-13-shroom_zps430a43c6.jpg

finally, one of the awesome shrooms I picked up from Extreme Corals thanks to an assist from Zia ... there is more green developing

AIO-9-19-13-shrooms_zps1a7dc724.jpg

Looking good man!! Those scoly's look very happy in your tank. While they may not have the craziest of color combos to them, they are definitely BRIGHT. They stood out over everything else in my frag tank.

I'm interested to see how that orange shroom morphs for you. I think that very well may be the same coral as the now famous "jawbreaker". Crank up the saturation on your pic and you have the same thing, lol.

Looking good man!! Those scoly's look very happy in your tank. While they may not have the craziest of color combos to them, they are definitely BRIGHT. They stood out over everything else in my frag tank.

I'm interested to see how that orange shroom morphs for you. I think that very well may be the same coral as the now famous "jawbreaker". Crank up the saturation on your pic and you have the same thing, lol.

Thanks ... I absolutely love the scoly's ... they are my favorite 2 pieces right now and I have always wanted to add one or two ... they are amazing and I look forward to watching them grow and mature ... did you feed them at all ?

lol on the shrooms .. it will be interesting to see how the colors develop over time ... if they are anything like the "jawbreakers", many of the colors won't develop until 12 months+

Archived