Cultivated Reef

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

Yes, I feed all of the LPS Mysis once a week.

Is that what they're saying about jawbreakers? Maybe I'll hold on to the ones I have for a while. I'm 99% sure I use the same supplier as extreme corals, and I have the exact same orange shrooms (mine just don't have much red and green in them yet). I can't get $6 for them now, maybe in a year or so I can actually sell them, lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that what they're saying about jawbreakers? Maybe I'll hold on to the ones I have for a while. I'm 99% sure I use the same supplier as extreme corals, and I have the exact same orange shrooms (mine just don't have much red and green in them yet). I can't get $6 for them now, maybe in a year or so I can actually sell them, lol.

there was a discussion forum over on reef2reef where many of the original owners of the jawbreakers chimed in ... they found that the colors took years to truly develop ... Zia and I both have these shrooms in our tanks ... we plan on giving them time to see how they progress ... not sure if they will, but, who knows

They say 'Sold' your prayers were answered. Unless that was you who bought them :o

Great deal on a nice looking WYSIWG pair

that was close ... I almost pulled the trigger on that, but, I think I will wait a couple of months before I add any fish :)

great news, the box of Zia Candies is in the house! It looks to have made the trip fine .. packaged in uber professional manner that my man is known for ... I know some retailers that could take some lessons from you

We want pictures!

come on man ... the box is still sitting in my office just begging to go home and get put in the tank, but, sadly, I have 2 more kiddos with fillings then I need to replace a crown on my dad .. almost there!

OK we will wait. Got to be a nice feeling to get to do dental torture on your father.

torture? come on man ... you need to go to a different dentist .. between topical anesthetic, electric handpieces, nitrous oxide, and nitrous oxide and more nitrous oxide, and then some nitrous oxide for the patient it is all good :)

Saweet! The eagles in the nest huh! Good work, yet again Fed Ex :D There's a cold pack in there, that you might want to remove if the box is in a climate controlled A/C room.

Saweet! The eagles in the nest huh! Good work, yet again Fed Ex :D There's a cold pack in there, that you might want to remove if the box is in a climate controlled A/C room.

thanks man ... once the box came in, I opened it up and pulled the pack ... great tip though! so far they all look great ... now I just have to figure out what all candies are in the tank.

thanks man ... once the box came in, I opened it up and pulled the pack ... great tip though! so far they all look great ... now I just have to figure out what all candies are in the tank.

Sorry bro, couldn't label all the bags this time because the clock got the best of me. But you'll be able to see wuts wut, when they open up. Some crazy z/ps, chalice, duncans, trumpet, lobo, acan ech, there's one bad azz mini acro colony that's not colored up atm. It was on the bottom of my display getting lower light and flow than it needs. But it's a deep purple base with crazy glowing blue tips when its colored up. I have the mother colony in my tank fully colored up and i'll post a pic later. The barnacle piece has your bad azz Mind Blowing Palys on it. Forgot the rest, but there's others.

Sorry bro, couldn't label all the bags this time because the clock got the best of me. But you'll be able to see wuts wut, when they open up. Some crazy z/ps, chalice, duncans, trumpet, lobo, acan ech, there's one bad azz mini acro colony that's not colored up atm. It was on the bottom of my display getting lower light and flow than it needs. But it's a deep purple base with crazy glowing blue tips when its colored up. I have the mother colony in my tank fully colored up and i'll post a pic later. The barnacle piece has your bad azz Mind Blowing Palys on it. Forgot the rest, but there's others.

Thanks .. everything looks great in the bags ... reminds me of a shipment from GlennR, and, you and I both know how big of a compliment that is! I will be sure to let you know how everything does ... you da bomb

Edit: I'm so sorry Love2Reef :blush:

I thought I was posting in Zias thread

Aah and here I was getting all excited that Kat posted on my thread, oh well I still will gladly take Zia's sloppy seconds :)

I'd give you more than $6 for them lol

I'd give you more than $6 for them lol

I've had a couple up on ebay, they didn't sell. I've got about 10 dime, to quarter sized polyps right now. They are completely orange with only hints of green and red.

I hope your tank turns around G. Hope this cheers you up!

A lot of sweat and hard work went into this guy. I have to say it is by far my top three I have built! :D

9295363349_9c2103fa66_c.jpg

-Dave

Where do you get parts to make this? I'm interested making something similar with my par 38 bulbs. I was going to order a couple single two foot T5HO fixtures off amazon for around $36 each and see what I could do. This looks far cheaper.

I've had a couple up on ebay, they didn't sell. I've got about 10 dime, to quarter sized polyps right now. They are completely orange with only hints of green and red.

Well how much more than $6 do you want for them lol

Where do you get parts to make this? I'm interested making something similar with my par 38 bulbs. I was going to order a couple single two foot T5HO fixtures off amazon for around $36 each and see what I could do. This looks far cheaper.

Oops, I just realized that you didn't make the fixture. Derp.

There's nothing cheap about this light. It's custom to the hills. The best LED & T5 combo available. Custom housing all made by one of the best light guys in the biz. Definitely what i want to get for my main display at some point soon.

There's nothing cheap about this light. It's custom to the hills. The best LED & T5 combo available. Custom housing all made by one of the best light guys in the biz. Definitely what i want to get for my main display at some point soon.

Yeah I went back and read your intro and saw what it was. Checked out the site and that stuff is far out of my reach. :closedeyes: Even buying the parts to build my own is cost prohibitive. I'm better off just buying the pre-made ones from Amazon and going that route. Save myself more than half the cost.

Dude, kudos to you for having the skillz to put together diy lighting at all. Way above my paygrade. Good luck with your build. Would you go T5 and LED combo or.

Yeah I went back and read your intro and saw what it was. Checked out the site and that stuff is far out of my reach. :closedeyes: Even buying the parts to build my own is cost prohibitive. I'm better off just buying the pre-made ones from Amazon and going that route. Save myself more than half the cost.

Well the plan is to combine my two par 38 bulbs and two single T5HO fixtures into a unit like that. I've had this idea in my head for a long time and when I saw your pic there it solidified the image in my head.

This is the T5HO I'm thinking of using. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CMPHV4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=16FH8KY6FJIZZ&coliid=IQP6C6F6TAHL8 I'd just need to change the bulbs and build some sort of frame to hold it all.

But on the whole diy thing, I was an avionics electrician in the Navy, so things like this don't scare me much lol.

I like this fixture as well, same brand, slightly different tech. https://www.sunlightsupply.com/p-14424-sunblaster-nanotech-t5ho-fixtures.aspx

Archived