Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Alto's Dwarf Seahorses

altolamprologus

I know :( I promised other people cupcakes too and I still haven't made them

You should arrange a date for everyone to come and get cupcakes. :lol:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Alto! I'm so excited you got your seahorses! I LOVE the color combination you received. Makes me excited to order mine soon. I've been crazy busy, so I haven't done much at all to my tank, but I'll get back to work on it this weekend. How is feeding them going so far?

Finally they are here! Very cool, especially the green one. Does it seem like you have enough hitching posts now that they are in your tank?

Congrats on the horses! I wish I had the patience for dwarfs. Feeding my H. Reidi 3 times a day is enough for me without having to worry about life food.

altolamprologus
Hey Alto! I'm so excited you got your seahorses! I LOVE the color combination you received. Makes me excited to order mine soon. I've been crazy busy, so I haven't done much at all to my tank, but I'll get back to work on it this weekend. How is feeding them going so far?

I'm impressed with the color combo too. It seems like they actually tried to get me different colors. Feeding is going great. The tank is packed with pods so that's what they ate yesterday and today I started feeding them brine. I need more macros to slow down the flow from the ac20 but they are still able to catch the baby brine in the current

Finally they are here! Very cool, especially the green one. Does it seem like you have enough hitching posts now that they are in your tank?

They enough hitching posts for now, but I'm definitely going to be adding more

Alto, Do we need to go get Yoshii? Should I send my special fish?

I already talked to yoshii and she's going to be coming by soon :) Not today, but soon enough

Congrats on the horses! I wish I had the patience for dwarfs. Feeding my H. Reidi 3 times a day is enough for me without having to worry about life food.

It is a lot of work but it's so rewarding to see them eat and interact with each other. I hope I don't get tired of hatching brine in the long run

OK the wifi in my room no longer works, so I have to go across the house and plug my laptop into the router to get internet <_<

But I can come over today :)

It is a lot of work but it's so rewarding to see them eat and interact with each other. I hope I don't get tired of hatching brine in the long run
Very true, and it is nice that the babies are able to eat the same food as the adults. I had a breeding pair of Erectus but never had to the time to raise the babies. I just wish I could type english, life-live. I guess my Ohlone education wasn't the greatest!

At least you can supplement the brine with some pods.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I can feel all the excitement through the electrons of my keyboard of your excitement Alto! Yoshii do your thing! :)

^^ Very nice Alto! Good to see things moving along. And they are so cute.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to check in until now. You'd never believe the kind of steaming pile of whipped cream I've had to deal with lately. :]

CONGRATS! Looking forward to more, more, more!

IMG_9725.jpg

Baby!

IMG_9716.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

Adult female next to a NanoMag (which I think is 1sq in)

IMG_9777.jpg

One of the coolest things about these guy is how little specks on their skin reflect the light when I use flash:

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

This is probably the best example:

IMG_9732.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

IMG_9734.jpg

IMG_9790.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Wow the pics turned out great. Thanks again yoshii :)

Are you kidding me? They turned out AWESOME! I am so tempted to getting my rear in gear to making the Seahorse system a reality on our site!

But for now, I will just st back and admire your dwarfs!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

MG

Wow the pics turned out great. Thanks again yoshii :)

Np :)

I think I'll make that Seahorse Eating gif tomorrow. Hopefully it comes out ok, I think I only have a little over 10 frames :/

Great pics! Can't wait to see more.

Np :)

I think I'll make that Seahorse Eating gif tomorrow. Hopefully it comes out ok, I think I only have a little over 10 frames :/

I look forward to your CGI skills for the addition of frames!

I thought I took a good pic of my reidi today until I saw your pics.

SH.jpg

Hey Alto, good to hear about your SH's. Just one question, how are you going to keep up with your top offs? . Frank.

altolamprologus
Great pics! Can't wait to see more.

I look forward to your CGI skills for the addition of frames!

I thought I took a good pic of my reidi today until I saw your pics.

SH.jpg

That's still a nice pic. One day I want to get a larger species of seahorse like that

That's still a nice pic. One day I want to get a larger species of seahorse like that
Thanks, my photoshopping was really bad near the tail. She was towards the top of the tank and UV LEDs really mess with the camera.

You should just start setting up a tank now, what is one more? :D Compared to Dwarfs they are a walk in the park!

altolamprologus
Thanks, my photoshopping was really bad near the tail. She was towards the top of the tank and UV LEDs really mess with the camera.

You should just start setting up a tank now, what is one more? :D Compared to Dwarfs they are a walk in the park!

I think 5 tanks is a bit too much, at least right now. I was planning on doing a low flow display fuge with pipefish and seahorses sometime in the future

I think 5 tanks is a bit too much, at least right now. I was planning on doing a low flow display fuge with pipefish and seahorses sometime in the future
Now you're talking, you can't count a low flow display fuge as a tank! Temp might be the only problem.

I might have missed it but what are you using for your brine enrichment?

altolamprologus
Now you're talking, you can't count a low flow display fuge as a tank! Temp might be the only problem.

I might have missed it but what are you using for your brine enrichment?

It will be a stand-alone fuge, not connected to another tank, like my anglerfish tank is now. Basically just a tank filled with macro algae.

I use live phytoplankton and I also have an HUFA/amino acid product that I can use if I feel the need to

Try "burning" the tail with a fuzzy brush, and make the black part of the eye darker too, it will look less photoshopped :)

Archived