inTank Media Baskets

Alto's Dwarf Seahorses

altolamprologus

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of camera did you use? I usually only use my phone as a camera. When ever I start looking to buying a good camera, I get lost in the specs.

altolamprologus
SeahorseGIF2.gif

Photobucket resized it super tiny :(

It turned out pretty good. Next time we have to get a better one where you can actually see the mouth

Nice photos Yoshi! The seahorses look so cute! I'm super excited to get mine soon!!!

When are you ordering yours?

Awww!! They're so beautiful!! Congratulations!! :)

What type of camera did you use? I usually only use my phone as a camera. When ever I start looking to buying a good camera, I get lost in the specs.

It's a cannon something. I know nothing of cameras either :lol:

Yoshi- What lens are you using to take those?

Camera = Canon EOS 60D

Lens = Canon EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (stock) + Zeikos Close-up +10 diopter

Although I think for the pictures for the gif Alto didn't use the diopter, not that you can tell lol

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yoshii/Alto,

When you ladies get a chance may we get one picture of the whole tank, or does the horses not come out since they are so tiny?

Are they full grown the adults?

Thanks,

MG

Yoshii/Alto,

When you ladies get a chance may we get one picture of the whole tank, or does the horses not come out since they are so tiny?

Are they full grown the adults?

Thanks,

MG

:lol: I just realized I forgot to post the FTS!

Here you go

IMG_9806.jpg

Drag it to your address bar to see it full size, see how many horses you can find :)

Right now I just see two..

animalmaster6
Camera = Canon EOS 60D

Although I think for the pictures for the gif Alto didn't use the diopter, not that you can tell lol

When did you get the 60D!? :P

Alto is very protective of her seahorses :lol:

SeahorseFB.jpg

:lol:

When did you get the 60D!? :P

Birthday present! :D (February)

I'm thinking about buying some macro extension tubes, I think then I could get some really cool shots of the seahorses

animalmaster6
Birthday present! :D (February)

I'm thinking about buying some macro extension tubes, I think then I could get some really cool shots of the seahorses

:lol: I haven't been active on N-R in sooooo long xD

I'm getting some macro extension tubes. My uncle is a photographer for a living and he recommended extension tubes rather than a macro lens.

:lol: I haven't been active on N-R in sooooo long xD

I'm getting some macro extension tubes. My uncle is a photographer for a living and he recommended extension tubes rather than a macro lens.

I know :( We miss you!

Lol I don't have to money to buy a macro lens anyways

Post pics once you get them! :D

I thought you might be using a diopter. Depth of field is so shallow on that 10x. I got picked up a set but haven't messed with them yet.

60Ds are awesome. I've been "borrowing" one from work for a few weeks.

I thought you might be using a diopter. Depth of field is so shallow on that 10x. I got picked up a set but haven't messed with them yet.

60Ds are awesome. I've been "borrowing" one from work for a few weeks.

Yeah, kinda annoying, but lately I've been just experimenting with them. Maybe next time I'll try with the 4x.

haha nice!

Deleted User 3
LOL...please dont make me figure it out. I go through 400 gal of new salt per month minimum....but thats not the killer. Con ed bill is a grand a month from all the halides and far more in the summer when the chillers kick in. And Im about to set up another 125 reef in my living room.

:o you must be rich. I have an apartment and normal bills and dont spend over 800 a month >< and of course my familia things my rent is 'alot'.

animalmaster6
I know :( We miss you!

Lol I don't have to money to buy a macro lens anyways

Post pics once you get them! :D

:happy: Now that schools out I should be back... I think.

Will Do :D

When are you ordering yours?

I'm thinking either this coming Monday or Tuesday, or I may wait one more week and order early the next week. I'm going to get the macros soaking tomorrow morning, so they'll be ready to go in the tank on Tuesday. I'm also going to practice my brine hatching starting tomorrow and make sure that is up and running smoothly. If I have any issues, I'll hold off on ordering the seahorses until I'm positive I can keep up with feeding them.

altolamprologus
I'm thinking either this coming Monday or Tuesday, or I may wait one more week and order early the next week. I'm going to get the macros soaking tomorrow morning, so they'll be ready to go in the tank on Tuesday. I'm also going to practice my brine hatching starting tomorrow and make sure that is up and running smoothly. If I have any issues, I'll hold off on ordering the seahorses until I'm positive I can keep up with feeding them.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm excited to see what colors you get

altolamprologus

The yellow and white male has a suspicious bulge in his pouch area. I caught him getting it on with a female a few days ago so I may have more babies in my future :D

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
The yellow and white male has a suspicious bulge in his pouch area. I caught him getting it on with a female a few days ago so I may have more babies in my future :D

When I read your post I couldn't resist but to post, you caught them? :lol: So who turned red in the face, the ponies or you? :o

Nothing beats waking up in the morning with some coffee and reading about Ponies activities in the night, or should I say strangers in the night.... :P

altolamprologus
When I read your post I couldn't resist but to post, you caught them? :lol: So who turned red in the face, the ponies or you? :o

Nothing beats waking up in the morning with some coffee and reading about Ponies activities in the night, or should I say strangers in the night.... :P

I went to look at the tank and give them some more food and I saw two of the ponies curled around each other touching bellies. As strange as this sounds, I was rooting them on and telling them to make me some babies. If they could blush, I bet they would have.

Camera = Canon EOS 60D

I looked it up and it is a very beautiful and expensive camera :mellow:

I am not sure if it is worth purchasing to take pictures of fish... But very beautiful pictures.

Archived