ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

brandon429

This is like being part of an online discussion where we kick around opinions about boxing and then Ali shows up to add some content

albertthiel

Thanks for the Links.

I'll check them for sure ...

Albert Thiel

Hey, I posted the link. Reread the post. :D

Hello Albert Thiel,

Welcome to these forums!

There are so many great nano and pico reefs featured around here, that you will surely find this forum interesting. Plus i know that many people could benefit from and improve their reefs with your advice :)

you ever get your asov workin?

It's still in reverse, I keep forgetting to switch the lines !

the float valve on the bucket is a life saver! I drilled the bucket with a dremel to fit the thing and I realized I don't have to have it removed to pour out the water.

Edited by metrokat
I'm up for anything!

haha!

I like how your instructions look like mine with chemicals splattered all over it.

lol, i just read this. For some quirky reason i dont like the first two drops that come out so i let them go on the paper.

albertthiel

Very nice and brings back great memories. Thanks for posting them ... and the books ... yes ... thanks. Appreciate it.

Albert

Mr. Thiel, here's a pic of the conference poster which is hung just above my tank and your books I have:

007.jpg

010.jpg

Awesome video Kat! How big is that pistol? He looks so tiny in the video.

Thanks. Luger is really tiny! In fact I don't think he has grown much since I got him several months ago.

I think Charlie enjoys making the pistol clean all day. I've caught him using his tail and body, swishing back the sand into the burrow the pistol is clearing.

albertthiel

I know what you mean float valves have saved lots and lots of tanks in more ways than one :)

Albert

It's still in reverse, I keep forgetting to switch the lines !

the float valve on the bucket is a life saver! I drilled the bucket with a dremel to fit the thing and I realized I don't have to have it removed to pour out the water.

Hello Albert!

I'm a 16 year old reefer who, although unknowingly, has read some of your books. Man, they've really helped with my tank. You and Bob Fenner are my reefing heroes.

It really is a pleasure to have you here on NR, and I hope you stay.

- Jordan

FINS of Franklin

Edited by iball1804
albertthiel

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you read some of my books and I am glad they helped. The hobby has evolved a lot since the were written but the basics remain the same.

If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask.

Will I stay around ... yes thanks to the great welcome from many, and thanks to Medkat I sure will.

Albert

Hello Albert!

I'm a 16 year old reefer who, although unknowingly, has read some of your books. Man, they've really helped with my tank. You and Bob Fenner are my reefing heroes.

It really is a pleasure to have you here on NR, and I hope you stay.

- Jordan

FINS of Franklin

RayWhisperer

Welcome to N-R, Mr. Thiel. It's not often we get a legend around here. I'm sure many, many members here have read your material, especially some of us old timers.

SerenityReef
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you read some of my books and I am glad they helped. The hobby has evolved a lot since the were written but the basics remain the same.

If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask.

Will I stay around ... yes thanks to the great welcome from many, and thanks to Medkat I sure will.

Albert

Albert,

I have a book of yours also and have enjoyed the read several times! I can't agree with you more on planning. I just started my first 14g and spent 28 days planning and building and programming before she ever saw saltwater. Short of livestock I have rarely had to get my hands in the tank and feel the equipment I have works well together. I've had a soft cycle and kept a lot of the life from the live, clean up crew coming tomorrow, if levels hold maybe a piece this weekend!

I have already started my next tank build, dry, and am looking forward to tinkering with that for a few months as my 14g settles.

It's an honor to have gentlman like yourself on the forum, just wish I still lived up the street from you in Duluth.

Will I stay around ... yes thanks to the great welcome from many, and thanks to Metrokat I sure will.

And to Kat for always leaving her mark on our Lil Nano World! Can't wait to see what else you will bring to us...

Edited by SerenityReef
albertthiel

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad Metrokat pointed me to the site. Yes old timers would probably have seen or read my books and articles in the defunct FAMA, the younger ones I am not too sure about as so many new writers and authors have appeared in the last 15 or so years ... and that is good. The more the better for progress.

Albert

Welcome to N-R, Mr. Thiel. It's not often we get a legend around here. I'm sure many, many members here have read your material, especially some of us old timers.

Way to go ... it may be hard for some hobbyists to do (planning as it requires time and a lot of patience) but it has been proven to me time and over again that the extra time spent pays off in the long run and saves time AND money ...

Good luck with your 14 G

I am looking at Nano but also pico reefs and found a small one on the net for just over $50 (but it may need additional items). Here's the link to it : http://www.marineandreef.com//ProductDetai...ctCode=RJB21282

Would not be surprised that some on this forum are actually using that one or the slightly larger ones sold by the same company.

Albert

Albert,

I have a book of yours also and have enjoyed the read several times! I can't agree with you more on planning. I just started my first 14g and spent 28 days planning and building and programming before she ever saw saltwater. Short of livestock I have rarely had to get my hands in the tank and feel the equipment I have works well together. I've had a soft cycle and kept a lot of the life from the live, clean up crew coming tomorrow, if levels hold maybe a piece this weekend!

I have already started my next tank build, dry, and am looking forward to tinkering with that for a few months as my 14g settles.

It's an honor to have gentlman like yourself on the forum, just wish I still lived up the street from you in Duluth.

And to Kat for always leaving her mark on our Lil Nano World! Can't wait to see what else you will bring to us...

Nano sapiens

Tank is looking great!

Well I'll be, Mr Albert Thiel on this thread! The first book I ever had ('Small Reef Aquarium Basics', if I remember correctly) and the one that really helped to get me going with reef aquariums back in the '80s. Welcome to the slightly wacky world of NR! :)

Edited by Nano sapiens

That would be ill. Definitely excited to see what you can/will/have/had create(d) :wizard:

Edited by iball1804
albertthiel

Thanks. Appreciate it. Not sure about the wacky part though as I see some really good stuff on many many threads ... looks like a lot of hobbyists reef keepers are doing real well ...

I think you are referring to Small Reef Aquarium Basics ...

small.jpg

Tanks' looking great!

Well I'll be, Mr Albert Thiel on this thread! The first book I ever had ('Reef Aquarium Basics', if I remember corretly) and the one that inspired me to get involved in reef aquariums back in the '80s. Welcome to the slightly wacky world of NR :)

Actually yes I am. What are in your opinion the best pre-built systems around right now ?

I checked a few on the Net and found a lot of them ranging from over $700 to as low as $50 ... any recommendations ?

Albert

Mr. Thiel, are you thinking of starting up a Nano??? That would be so cool!

As I go the slow way and plan, and then do not rush to get things up to final speed, it may be a while before I can post some good pics but I can certainly keep those who are interested in the loop by posting info on this forum and I am sure if I run into issues Metrokat will hopefully be there to help me with all the various features available on this forum.

Albert

That would be ill. Definitely excited to see what you can/will/have/had create(d) :wizard:
I am sure if I run into issues Metrokat will hopefully be there to help me with all the various features available on this forum.

Albert

And if not necessarily Kat, anyone of us is here to help as well.

Spirofucci

I'm sure Miss Kat will recommend the Red Sea Max 130d as would I.

I think it would be fun for the grashoppers to help the Master, only if he asked for it of course.

ScubaEthan

Kat, I love the new video. The clam is sooo tiny and cute! Your yasha looks like it's singing. You could totally overlay some opera music with that haha.

It's so cool to have someone like Mr. Thiel giving advice right here on Nano-Reef!