ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

albertthiel

Not really so .... everyone benefits to some degree from whatever anyone else has to say .. so keep posting

Albert

Old timers? I'm 21 and do it atleast once a day. I usually give up and don't retype it though, nothin g I say is ever really that important. :P

Atlanta ... great ... that's where I live (well in Alpharetta) check your message box .. I left you one there too

Albert

Hello from LGA airport, I'm enroute to Atlanta and dinner with ScubaEthan this evening after work.

For those following my battle with tank parameters in getting my calcium down and my ALK up; turns out that part B of two fishes C Balance was a dud. It did not raise my alk after a whole day os dosing.

I tried brightwell aquatics PH buffer powder, and it raised the duh from 5.4 to 10.2 in 2 days.

Spirofucci

I just love intellectual discussions, even arguments, about reefing. At that conference I attended back in 1994, there was a great debate, among others, between Julian Sprung and Dr Adey regarding the Berlin system and the importance of algae in the take up of nutrients. Notice I didn't use the term, "algae turf scrubbing".

Turns out they were both right, IMO.

Hello from LGA airport, I'm enroute to Atlanta and dinner with ScubaEthan this evening after work.

For those following my battle with tank parameters in getting my calcium down and my ALK up; turns out that part B of two fishes C Balance was a dud. It did not raise my alk after a whole day os dosing.

I tried brightwell aquatics PH buffer powder, and it raised the duh from 5.4 to 10.2 in 2 days.

I've been trying to get Kat to have dinner with me for months.

I think she's scared.

albertthiel

Kat if you check the posts look at your messages and give me a call ...

Albert

I think she's scared.

Often that will be the case I think ... getting to the same result using different methods ... one taking a little longer than the other sometimes but still giving the same end results and btw I heard those discussions/debates too and it was hard even then to decide who was right and as you point out it seems now in hindsight that both were depending on what type and size of aquarium one uses

Albert

I just love intellectual discussions, even arguments, about reefing. At that conference I attended back in 1994, there was a great debate, among others, between Julian Sprung and Dr Adey regarding the Berlin system and the importance of algae in the take up of nutrients. Notice I didn't use the term, "algae turf scrubbing".

Turns out they were both right, IMO.

Give me a call Kat ... are you still in Atlanta ?

Albert

MrAnderson

lol i would never meet up with anyone from NR, y'all are nuts!

maybe i've been in the lounge too long... :unsure:

albertthiel

You in the Lounge :o

Albert

MrAnderson
You in the Lounge :o

Albert

"been in this game for years, it made me an animal..."

i'd post a link to the song but maybe not lol

albertthiel

Better not if it is a nasty one ... :)

Albert

"been in this game for years, it's made me an animal..."

i'd post a link to the song but maybe not lol

Here are Kats new blue chromis in acclimation. They just flew in from Live aquaria. looking good!! It was a perfect delivery on a warm summer day and I didnt have to chase the fed ex guy down the street.

dsc0128qb.jpg

albertthiel

Nice that they arrived in excellent shape ... I am sure Kat will be pleased. Is she still in Atlanta? I left her a message and asked her to call me but I have not heard from her ... was hoping to meet her if she was in town here as I live in Alpharetta

Albert

Here are Kats new blue chromis in acclimation. They just flew in from Live aquaria. looking good!! It was a perfect delivery on a warm summer day and I didnt have to chase the fed ex guy down the street.

dsc0128qb.jpg

:) :) :) :)

tumblr_m3bk7zxsrt1qcmoewo1_1335834192_cover.jpg
albertthiel

Yes I agree both look super ... Kat's going to be happy when she gets back .... I am sure !

Albert

The birdsnest are looking great Kat, and those Chromi are sweet!

I think she's scared.

What's wrong with all the brunches we eat, and the darn luck we have with turkey burgers?!

That looks like the same ole' shoe to me :huh:

what shoe?

Kat if you check the posts look at your messages and give me a call ...

Albert

Give me a call Kat ... are you still in Atlanta ?

Albert

It was so nice to speak to you, sorry I just got a chance to check my messages. You sound about as excited to be on the forum as all of us are to have you. It's awesome.

So you don't know about my NY lady reefers brunch club where we talk about the lounge rats?

And you haven't noticed my NYC shopping sprees where 'kats club' attendees get 25% off livestock at the LFS. And I've met ScubaEthan before, almost met serenity reef at the Dallas airport on Saturday. Zeph and Kgoldy are on my speed dial. You have been in the lounge too long mr a.

Anyways, Kat I love your birdnest. They def look happy.

thank you ballzee.

dsc0128qb.jpg

:wub:

Still think they're gay zeph?

The birdsnest are looking great Kat, and those Chromi are sweet!

Thank you! I can't wait to add them to the tank and have my little group of 5 milling about.

Hotlanta is HOT. I've been drinking ice tea all day.

albertthiel

Yes HOTlanta is HOT ... :)

Have a safe trip back and enjoy your new babies

Albert

What's wrong with all the brunches we eat, and the darn luck we have with turkey burgers?!

what shoe?

It was so nice to speak to you, sorry I just got a chance to check my messages. You sound about as excited to be on the forum as all of us are to have you. It's awesome.

So you don't know about my NY lady reefers brunch club where we talk about the lounge rats?

And you haven't noticed my NYC shopping sprees where 'kats club' attendees get 25% off livestock at the LFS. And I've met ScubaEthan before, almost met serenity reef at the Dallas airport on Saturday. Zeph and Kgoldy are on my speed dial. You have been in the lounge too long mr a.

thank you ballzee.

:wub:

Thank you! I can't wait to add them to the tank and have my little group of 5 milling about.

Hotlanta is HOT. I've been drinking ice tea all day.

Wow -- those blue chromis are much bluer than mine were! Very nice :).

albertthiel

Yes it was nice talking to you too and you are right it IS a pleasure being on the forum with a bunch of nice people and I have only "met" a few of then on NR but I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the tanks I see and the civility of the people that I have interacted with. That is so different from other forums I used to be on and so refreshing ... thanks to you I am here KAT ... you found me indeed via FB ... what made you think about looking there? But whatever it was it certainly was the right thing to do ...

Anyway all the best and talk to you soon

Albert

Yes HOTlanta is HOT ... :)

Have a safe trip back and enjoy your new babies

Albert

I agree they have that super blue electric color that one does not see in all of them ...

Albert

Wow -- those blue chromis are much bluer than mine were! Very nice :).

lol..perfect example of my "unique "sense of humor, that is pretty much only appreciated by me. They are really nice and gorging on live baby brine shrimp as we speak, just hours after flying in. They are in perfect shape.

MrAnderson

you crazy. might as well meet up with random wackadoos on craigslist. :shudder: