Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

albertthiel

No going to the Lounge then right :)

I'll be more careful as I was warned and did not pay attention I guess MrAnderson

Albert

you crazy. might as well meet up with random wackadoos on craigslist. :shudder:
Spirofucci
I think we need some better pics of those fish, they look amazing!

Agreed! Boy, they sure looked very blue from the top!!!!

albertthiel

I am sure Kat will post some when she gets a chance

Albert

Agreed! Boy, they sure looked very blue from the top!!!!
TeflonTomDosh
"been in this game for years, it made me an animal..."

i'd post a link to the song but maybe not lol

"There's rules to this sh*t, I wrote me a manual"

I put them in a 10 gal qt tank filled with water and a big rock from my reef tank. THey started eating right away and look clean. A very successfull trip. I also received a few avansi anthias and various inverts I have in another qt i wont bother you with.

dsc0154nf.jpg

dsc0162js.jpg

However I would love to show Albert a shot of one of my reefs, so I guess I will do it here. Now keep in mind I have been out of the hobby for years. This is just a few things Ive held on to for the most part.

dsc0142a.jpg

Congrats on the new fish kat they look great....just a heads up they wont school for long.

:o

No?? More info please.

I put them in a 10 gal qt tank filled with water and a big rock from my reef tank. THey started eating right away and look clean. A very successfull trip. I also received a few avansi anthias and various inverts I have in another qt i wont bother you with.

dsc0154nf.jpg

dsc0162js.jpg

However I would love to show Albert a shot of one of my reefs, so I guess I will do it here. Now keep in mind I have been out of the hobby for years. This is just a few things Ive held on to for the most part.

dsc0142a.jpg

aww thank you zeph, your pictures captured their true blue color, my pics don't look this good actually.

jedimasterben

Zeph, got any phyto? I would put a bit into the QT tank with the chromis when you feed. They are planktonivores in the wild, and in my (limited, so far) experience, they seem to have a much higher survival rate when also fed live phyto.

albertthiel

Yes they sure seem to be doing all right in that 10G .... and I like Pic 3 with a large Clam as far as I can tell :)

Nice looking ...

Albert

dsc0154nf.jpg

dsc0162js.jpg

dsc0142a.jpg

albertthiel

IME they feed on phytoplankton but will they will eat most types of food in the aquarium.

Feeding them many small portions throughout the day seems to work well too from what I remember. And, but I am sure you know that you can combine flake food with frozen, fresh and live food. Giving some algae or algae based food is good too IME, since they always eat a certain amount of algae in the wild.

NIce .... Good luck with them Kat ...

Albert

Zeph, got any phyto? I would put a bit into the QT tank with the chromis when you feed. They are planktonivores in the wild, and in my (limited, so far) experience, they seem to have a much higher survival rate when also fed live phyto.
albertthiel

You want red or green tide ones ? :) just kidding ... make good food and once you have them you can culture them so you always have a supply ... all you need is several small aquariums or vessels, light and a starter culture and some nutrients. Phyto needs minerals (lots of those in tank water) to uptake and also some nitrate which you can also easily get into the vessels you use by taking aquarium water as that will more than likely have some nitrate in it.

Just as a side note ... Oodinium is considered part of the phytoplankton dinoflagellate group but .... :( :( not one you want of course as you well know.

Albert

Those Chromis are suuuper nice Kat!, Love ya RSM. Did you start it up on the 25th December last year? I started mine on the 23rd!!!!!! hahaha yours is heaps more full than mine bit jealous!.

I do, and had no idea it would benefit them. Right now they are eating live baby brine shrimp pretty much all day long. Kat is probably picking them up on Sunday. Also last night I got into it with a moderator in pm's and looks like I might be banned. Hope not but if so it was fun while it lasted.

albertthiel

I hope not Zeph ... I do not think you did anything wrong but then I do not know all the rules ...

MrAnderson ... I think I saw a message from you stating that he misrepresented himself ... IMHO I did not get that impression and did not at all think he represented himself as part of the NR Moderators ... Just my opinion though as I do not know what else if anything is involved ...

So, please don't ban him .... Thanks

Albert

I do, and had no idea it would benefit them. Right now they are eating live baby brine shrimp pretty much all day long. Kat is probably picking them up on Sunday. Also last night I got into it with a moderator in pm's and looks like I might be banned. Hope not but if so it was fun while it lasted.

Can you post some pics of the Clam or Clams ... and of that Sarco I see on the right of the pic ... Thanks

Albert

Yes they sure seem to be doing all right in that 10G .... and I like Pic 3 with a large Clam as far as I can tell :)

Nice looking ...

Albert

I hope not Zeph ... I do not think you did anything wrong but then I do not know all the rules ...

MrAnderson ... I think I saw a message from you stating that he misrepresented himself ... IMHO I did not get that impression and did not at all think he represented himself as part of the NR Moderators ... Just my opinion though as I do not know what else if anything is involved ...

So, please don't ban him .... Thanks

Albert

Can you post some pics of the Clam or Clams ... and of that Sarco I see on the right of the pic ... Thanks

Albert

Albert, once again, as if in all my life...you come to my rescue. When I return this afternoon I will take some new pictures for you. I think we should team up and start marketing products together. Funny, your company was Thiel Aqua-tech, and mine was aquatech-NY. Can you see the light ? I sure can.

Those Chromis are suuuper nice Kat!, Love ya RSM. Did you start it up on the 25th December last year? I started mine on the 23rd!!!!!! hahaha yours is heaps more full than mine bit jealous!.

We are tank twins Jessy! :D

These chromis have a very beautiful deep royal blue color with a black stripe on the top. They are peaceful and active. I have one in my tank right now from a previous shipment from Live Aquaria. I had ordered 3 but 2 did not make it, one of them was trendier than a sexy shrimp if you can believe that!

Zeph is spoiling them with baby brine shrimp! They're going to get frozen dead stuff in my kitchen. I feed the tank live phyto though (for the clam) so I'm sure they will be getting some.

@Ben would they enjoy a piece of nori?

These chromis have a very beautiful deep royal blue color with a black stripe on the top. They are peaceful and active. I have one in my tank right now from a previous shipment from Live Aquaria. I had ordered 3 but 2 did not make it, one of them was trendier than a sexy shrimp if you can believe that!

Zeph is spoiling them with baby brine shrimp! They're going to get frozen dead stuff in my kitchen. I feed the tank live phyto though (for the clam) so I'm sure they will be getting some.

:lol: We are!! Mark's tank is only a month older too :grouphug: ??.

If one is as good as you say how will you handle 5!!!.

The colouring really is spectacular!.

Off topic: how is Draco doing???

chrssprngs

I think I see him in your FTS on page 1. Bottom left ?

Spirofucci

Did Zeph photshop those chromis??? :)

They are going to look incredible in your tank!!!!

Hopefully, I'll be getting some more corals and a sixline tomorrow!

:lol: We are!! Mark's tank is only a month older too :grouphug: ??.

If one is as good as you say how will you handle 5!!!.

The colouring really is spectacular!.

Off topic: how is Draco doing???

The color in my tank comes from starting off with uncured rock. It encrusts with coralline algae almost immediately. My tank looks older than it is for that reason.

Draco is doing well, thanks for asking. I put pods from my Tisbe culture about once a month in the tank for him to find, and supplement with nutramar ova once a week. when you get your mandarin, be sure it is eating frozen before you buy. Ask the store to feed the fish in front of you.

:o

No?? More info please.

As they become comfortable in your tank they will stake their own territories. For the most part they do their own thing and only school when they feel threatened.

As they become comfortable in your tank they will stake their own territories. For the most part they do their own thing and only school when they feel threatened.

Rehype, when the chromis choose their own territories will they still get along, or begin to fight?

Edited by patback